PDA

View Full Version : LUA Dev Help Newb

Sulfer
January 26th, 2007, 06:07
Ok so i've been looking around to see how to code in lua and i've noticed it's very familiar to coding on the T84+'s i messed around with at school as well as Visual Basic so i want to get into coding games for the psp community. I've made some big projects while at school and I just need help getting started. What programs will i need to do the coding and also if possible is there a way to convert VB.net games to psp or any LUA support. Any help would be appreciated.

yaustar
January 26th, 2007, 12:56
What programs will i need to do the coding
A decent text editor (Notepad++, LuaEdit, ConText) and LuaPlayer for the PSP and Windows

and also if possible is there a way to convert VB.net games to psp or any LUA
No.

splodger15
January 26th, 2007, 16:27
I would say Notepad++ is the best one. I use that and it is very simple to use.

scottyboynow
January 26th, 2007, 18:11
I use Notepad++, splodger recommended me it and I don't regret it, it is brilliant.

Sulfer
January 26th, 2007, 19:50
k cool deal i've started coding last night after looking around for a bit and i found a good tut on programs to use. It's actually very simialar to what i've done before so i'm just refreshing my memory and hopefully I'll have something to show the community in a couple weeks.

m0th
January 28th, 2007, 04:37
Notepad++? whats that?? I just use Windows Notepad or Wordpad(to read the sample scripts correctly). Nice if someone made a LUA specific editor to auto generate NESTED If statements... those are a bitch.

yaustar
January 28th, 2007, 20:19
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/about.php