PDA

View Full Version : Best Emulator for PS2

wraggster
April 10th, 2005, 00:29
The Playstation 2 has some great emulators released for it including the likes of Snes Station, PGen, PSms, the NeoGeo CD emulator and thats just a few of them.

Out of them emulators which was the easiest to use and the one that emulated the system the best.

Leave your opinions here.

isamu
April 20th, 2005, 04:25
The Playstation 2 has some great emulators released for it including the likes of Snes Station, PGen, PSms, the NeoGeo CD emulator and thats just a few of them.

Out of them emulators which was the easiest to use and the one that emulated the system the best.

Leave your opinions here.

This is a great question. I also would like to know this.

WHurricane16
June 12th, 2005, 00:46
Well since no one really answered....

SNES Station: besides some sound looping issues, this is probably the better than PGEN. The sound doesn't hiccup the speed (similar to BlackAura's DC version of Genesis Plus), save states, and other options make it a very good emu. The sound is an annoyance, though, because I enjoy video games sounds and the playback hiccups annoy me. Last update was awhile ago, so develop of it may not be on Mr. Lee's priority list anymore.

PGEN: I could have sworn this emu was better 2 years ago. This emulator seems ot be a step slow, and I don't remember it being that way. The last version Sjeep completed (and he is done with this emu but no one has done anything with the source). Save states, a nice GUI, and HDD support is great.

Now, I have a quesion: how well does IMBNES work on the PS2? I'm going to download and try this out for the PS2 soon so I guess I'll answer that myself.

CherryPrice
June 17th, 2005, 00:52
I would also say SnesStation.

http://img104.echo.cx/img104/240/snapzpr3br.jpg

433lawrida
June 3rd, 2007, 19:07
snes staion

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 19:17
snes staion

Didn't you check this thread is 2 years old? There were new emulators released and updated. Go here (http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/) and check the lists.

VampDude
June 3rd, 2007, 19:36
Didn't you check this thread is 2 years old? There were new emulators released and updated. Go here (http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/) and check the lists.

New people don't check dates on post's, they usually come here via a Google search - I've found older posts via Google.

-BUT SINCE THIS POST IS NOW HERE (thanks to the new person)-

I've never actually played any Emulators on my PS2, what is the best Emulator on PS2? And is it something that the Dreamcast doesn't already have?

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 19:45
Well at the moment, the emulators released on Dreamcast and Xbox are better ;) Plus also you need a modchip for the PlayStation 2 I think..

VampDude
June 3rd, 2007, 20:22
Well at the moment, the emulators released on Dreamcast and Xbox are better ;) Plus also you need a modchip for the PlayStation 2 I think..

You can use a disk called Swap Magic on the PS2 for booting homebrew on the PS2, on the regular PS2 you can use the CD Tray jiggle key thingy to open the CD drive, on the slim PS2 you need to replace the CD lid to one that has a round opening, which you can open the CD lid normally or lift the round thing to swap the disk (PS2 thinking the lid is down)...

...I actually bought the Swap Magic disks for my PS2 for homebrew, but I never actually got round to asking anyone about PS2 homebrew thou.

One thing I do know and I've done, is play PSone homebrew on PS2...

...All you need is the special lid for the slimline PS2 and a BLAZE cheat CD to do the swap method (doesn't play PS2 homebrew thou - I think??? but not tested), the GameBoy emulator I tried was slow and played MarioLand2 horribly

acn010
June 3rd, 2007, 20:26
ha ha ha ha... google search thats what i did and found this site

VampDude
June 3rd, 2007, 20:39
ha ha ha ha... google search thats what i did and found this site

Same here, I wanted a Megadrive/Genesis emulator for my PSP