PDA

View Full Version : WII spotted out in the wild. Again.

Anger
January 26th, 2007, 20:23
Yes, yes i know, this was posted before however this was my first time seeing it in person.
I happen to be wandering through glasgow city center when what do i see, but a guy with a wii set up on a stand in the middle of the street with an lcd above it. They were encouraging the public to play it, no doubt to advertise it, so this was a very strange thing because the wii is still more or less sold out up here.
It was however very funny because the only people wanting to play it were young kids - the adults were offered and most took a step back - happy to watch the spectacle. As a result only one adult wanted to play so one of the attendants took the other controller for a game of boxing.
anyway a pic is attached for those interested.

Shrygue
January 26th, 2007, 20:32
Now that's intresting to see...

King of Fire
January 26th, 2007, 21:11
Thats something i've seen for the first time.:thumbup:

alienanthropologist
January 26th, 2007, 21:15
Brilliant picture, thanks Anger! :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2007, 21:32
Interesting...

Thank's for the picture, Anger.

Anger
January 27th, 2007, 01:07
no problem and glad i could help. i didnt know some people still didnt know this was happening.
sorry for the large pic - camera was set to maximum size, i even had to shrink it before uploading it and it was still huge lol.

Jack_Skellington
January 27th, 2007, 01:20
My brother's girlfriend saw one of these in her local shoping mall a few weeks ago, I think it's part of Nintendo's UK Wii tour where people who work for Nintendo go place to place and do a demonstration on the Wii and let people try it. It's actually quite good publicity for the Wii, Nintendo are doing quite well for themselves lately.

curt_grymala
January 27th, 2007, 03:08
That setup is so cool looking.

I wish they'd do that over here in the states.

Thanks for the pic, anger. Yes, the idea has been posted before, but the pic you attached, and your personal story added a real nice touch to it.

pibs
January 27th, 2007, 03:17
yea ive seen one of those over at my mall over here at california next time i pass by ill take a picture

Jack_Skellington
January 27th, 2007, 03:31
That setup is so cool looking.

I wish they'd do that over here in the states.

Thanks for the pic, anger. Yes, the idea has been posted before, but the pic you attached, and your personal story added a real nice touch to it.

They did it in the States over December, I think Nintendo of America's site has the dates and destinations of where they are being held.

alienanthropologist
January 27th, 2007, 09:54
sorry for the large pic - camera was set to maximum size, i even had to shrink it before uploading it and it was still huge lol.

NO no! Large is good!

I hate it when we get lots of small pictures and you can hardly tell what's going on.

A large picture is good. Thanks again. :)