PDA

View Full Version : Wiinja Installation Screenshots

wraggster
January 28th, 2007, 00:40
TodoWii (http://www.todowii.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=4958)are the first site to be testing the Wiinja Modchip for the Wii.

They have posted 6 Screenshots of the Modchip installation.

Check all the screens out via Comments, Video Coming Monday.

djkus
January 28th, 2007, 09:51
what does it actually do though?

Big Stu
January 28th, 2007, 10:34
As it says in the first wii modchip thread, this will enable you to play Gamecube and Wii backups from your own region.

djkus
January 28th, 2007, 10:57
Im up for installing one no problem but in a matter of weeks the place will be flooded with pic ic`s using their cloned s.ware.. should be very easy to duplicate.. and sell for a few quid.. not £40+!!

Im also thinking that nintendo could simply upgrade the firmware on the wii through a software update... making your wii either useless or disabling the chip. Im sure they have thought about this.

msaraiva
January 28th, 2007, 14:56
Im up for installing one no problem but in a matter of weeks the place will be flooded with pic ic`s using their cloned s.ware.. should be very easy to duplicate.. and sell for a few quid.. not £40+!!

Im also thinking that nintendo could simply upgrade the firmware on the wii through a software update... making your wii either useless or disabling the chip. Im sure they have thought about this.

I'm almost sure the drive's firmware isn't upgradeable.

drquack02
January 28th, 2007, 19:59
If im correct doesn't the Wii and Gamecube's drive read the DVDs backward (or something like that).

Wouldn't that still present issues when playing backups, or does the chip change the direction of the laser too?

Zion
January 28th, 2007, 20:23
thats a rumor, it doesnt actually do that as far as i am aware

muffinman
January 28th, 2007, 22:02
it doesn't actually do that, open the top of your cube while its turned on to see :p

djkus
January 28th, 2007, 22:28
i still dont beleive this mod is real until i see some real evidence.

DaB00m
January 29th, 2007, 23:00
what happened to the video i thought it was ment to be out today i wanted to see the chip being installed.