PDA

View Full Version : Okiwi FAQ

wraggster
January 28th, 2007, 00:52
Okiwi (http://okiwi.blogspot.com/) the Homebrew web browser for the DS have posted this FAQ about the application coming soon:

Which flashcarts will the browser work with?

I've not handled FAT libraries subject yet, so what I've done till now should work with all of them. I plan to use Chishm's DLDI, so compatibility will be determined by its support of the different devices.

Why do you ignore comments that users leave in the blog?

I don't ignore them. The only thing is that I haven't enough time to answer one by one. That's the reason whay I make this little FAQ answering the questions you leave in the comments and some other inquietudes you pose in some forums.

Why do you take so long to make a keyboard, when PALib would make the workload lighter?

Because I'm not using PALib. I code by means of libnds. The keyboard is dinamically built using the GUI (Graphical User Interface) module.

At least you should be getting a nice result.

It's current appearance, not definitive, is this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/okiwi/muestra-teclado-1.png

Soon I will talk about the keyboard more in deep.

When will the demo be ready?

More than a demo, it will be an alpha version (in development stage). I had sense to name it like that since it's going to be a demonstration of what's done till now, which doesn't mean that the software is so advanced to consider it a beta.

And, answering the question, I expect to finish it in two weeks or so. Realize that from that point there is less work to do than it's done yet. I also feel like Okiwi is finished.

What will the demo include?

Saying with more detail what I said in last post, it will be something like a browser test version which doesn't connect to the netwok. Therefore, I will display a document that will allow to demonstrate some rendering engine features, to get an idea.

Doesn't it connect to the network?!

I must follow some order, and I've decided to include network functionality when the rest of the modules reach a quite mature status.

How is going the software to be distributed? (Or, by now, the demo.)

The answer I gave in the first FAQ is still valid: as soon as there are files to download, links to them will appear at this web.

kcajblue
January 28th, 2007, 01:42
i thought this was the demo.

latoshi
January 28th, 2007, 04:24
i cant wait till it comes out wipeeeeeeeeeeeee

jester13
January 28th, 2007, 11:35
So the demo can't connect to WiFi? >__>

rigor
January 28th, 2007, 15:19
As far as Ive read the article, it seems that the demo will not allow us to connect to the web...pretty sad but at least there is a real web browser comming.

Jay_PaRaDoX
January 29th, 2007, 23:25
Que ganas hay ya de verlo :)
I can't wait to see it :)