PDA

View Full Version : PAL to NTSC Converter for PSX Games

wraggster
January 28th, 2007, 01:24
Finally a decent release from Coldbird (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=992603) for those like me with PAL Games.

Well Well... Paladin is my new PAL to NTSC Converter for PSX Games... its kinda handy...
And works in 99% of Cases better than Zapper, because it modifies the VModes rather than the YPos Values... ;-)

If you still experience a Screen Displacement after patching with Paladin, apply a YPos Move to 0/0 with Zapper...

Keep in Mind thought that its highly suggested not to use Zapper or any other Patching Tool if its possible... only move the Coordinates to 0/0 with Zapper if needed... :-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via coldbird (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1350454&postcount=1)

Veskgar
January 28th, 2007, 01:45
Excellent tool. This will definitely come in handy. Thank you Coldbird!

P.S.

Love the name. PALadin.

hack.fool
January 28th, 2007, 01:50
ooh great..I need it right now
thanks Coldbird

ab88
January 28th, 2007, 03:28
Legend of Dragon FTW:)

PlagueMusic
January 28th, 2007, 04:08
NERF PALadins!, rawr.

Nerji
January 28th, 2007, 10:55
can anyone confirm this works? and if so, how long it takes to do it.

I've had it running for about 30minutes now, and i know its doing something since its using most of my cpu, but it hasnt given me an output, just wonder how long it takes >.>

EDIT

nvm found the answer

sojaraider
January 28th, 2007, 11:00
is this software can work with the .bin files ?

Sparda
January 28th, 2007, 11:37
Having trouble extracting it. I open the Paladin.zip file and inside is a paladin-1.0.tar.tar so i open this and it is empty. :confused:

Nerji
January 28th, 2007, 12:49
download it from here http://coldbird.free.fr/paladin/paladin-1.0.tar.bz2

seems it doesnt work with all games yet, but i tried using that zapper2000 he mentions and that worked on its own, so its worth trying zapper2000

Airdevil
January 28th, 2007, 13:01
What extra files are needed in order to run this?

Ive put in the cygwin1.dll into the folder and my .bin image.... the window pops up for a second then disappears.... saying something is wrong? but what is it?:confused:

Anonymous D
January 28th, 2007, 14:21
same here

no_pulse
January 28th, 2007, 16:08
Use command prompt, load paladin.exe and it'll list you the parameters to convert the image. If you want to know how to use command prompt google 'ms-dos commands' and it should help you :)

dreamwalker
January 28th, 2007, 16:19
Place your image file (.bin, .iso etc.) in a folder with paladin.exe then go to 'START' menu and 'RUN' Enter the following

'%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe'

then enter the command

cd C:\FullPath paladin image_in.bin image_out.bin

where FullPath is the path to the folder containing paladin.exe

Then follow onscreen instructions. It takes around 15 mins to complete. Hope this helps.

Mister Klownes
January 28th, 2007, 19:13
Thanks for the instructions, dreamwalker. I wish this thing could give you some kind of sign that it was working, but if you're patient, it eventually spits out a converted file that works great. I've only tried it with a PAL version of Chocobo Racing, but as far as I can tell, all this program needs is some visual help.

jimmi
February 5th, 2007, 18:55
hmm... i do exactly the write thing and the PALADIN thing comes up again...

i typed C:\paladin ff7 disc 1.iso ff7 disc 1ntsc.iso

everyting is in C and named them. any help

Andicioz
February 7th, 2008, 19:17
If I were you I'd rename your ff7 disc 1.iso to ff7disc1.iso, and your target to ff7disc1ntsc.iso

So:
paladin ff7disc1.iso ff7disc1ntsc.iso

That should do the trick.

s3vv4
February 8th, 2008, 00:24
do you know if this solves the final fantasy 8 problem?
(hope you know what im talking bout - the protection on the pal version of that game, and due to cracking the game doesn't run on new pop versions(and the old pops often cause the game to crash, probably its caused by the pop version))

ambugged
November 4th, 2008, 22:14
i cant get this shit to work, i need my ntsc files converting to pal, will it work? i cant get it open, it says missing file or crap like that

Milyc
March 14th, 2010, 16:26
Where can I find the dll file?