PDA

View Full Version : Flash Agent D3 (make 1.5mb free on flash0!!)

wraggster
January 28th, 2007, 01:30
New release from Hallo007 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=992607):

what is flash agent?

flash agent is an app with an file browser where youc an select the files you want to flash , so you can switch between gameboots and other flash files without computer!!!

Version D3:

Changelog

1. -possibility to disable japanse font (spaces 1.5mb on flash0!!!)
2. -dump menu
3. -fixed some bugs
4. -some small updates
5. -possibelity to delete files in file browser

Dump menu :

1. -dump all
2. -dump flash0
3. -dump flash1
4. -dump registry
5. -flash registry

Controls:

Up /DOWn /LEFt /RIGHT : change your option
CROSS : select option/File
R1/L1 : change color text in file browser
Circle : Go abck
Home : exit

make 1.5, mb free on flash0
go to the recovery mode in flash agent and disable japanse font

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hallo007 (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1349466&postcount=1)

charlie_dream
January 28th, 2007, 02:07
is working ok at 3.03 oec? i dont want a brick :P

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 02:43
What do you need room on flash0 for? MP3s?

Edit:Nvm I got flash1 and flash0 confused

1.5 megs free? dam

is working ok at 3.03 oec? i dont want a brick :P

It works fine on 3.03 OE-C, plus if your going to be a Custom FW user you need to learn to lighten up on the whole "I dont want to brick my psp" thing.

Jonesyxxiv
January 28th, 2007, 02:47
How much room is actually in flash? Like if it was completly empty.

Squidman
January 28th, 2007, 02:53
How much room is actually in flash? Like if it was completly empty.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9929/flash0spaceml9.png

answer your question? ;)

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 03:04
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9929/flash0spaceml9.png

answer your question? ;)

Cool i never thought of doing that. Is it the same amount of space for flash1 too?

Squidman
January 28th, 2007, 03:08
THE "REMOVE JAPENESE FONT" FEATURE MAY SAVE SPACE BUT HAS A HIGH CHANCE OF BRICKING, IT JUST BRICKED MINE, PEOPLE STILL ON 1.50 THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS OR GO TO THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE

ok, here's the flash1 space as displayed through my computer:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2223/flash1spacetn0.png

btw: Flash Agent D3 and my computer display different numbers for "space left on flash0", i think there's a calculation error there

Juneyp
January 28th, 2007, 03:56
Why would u wanna free up space on a 1.5 anywayz? the only reason someone would wanna free up space on flash is for larger gameboots like the ever famous blood and slash which was basicaly unusable otherwise... i used it and i confirm its working and its great i wouldnt recomend using it on a regular 1.5 just because after all it is a sony firmware and it has no recovery if u do mess up... and by the way the reason why Flash Agent D is showin a different ammount of available space then ur computer is because the flash agent shows an estimate whilst the comp shows exact hope its helpful :) :) :) :)

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 04:04
Nice to see that somebody automated the jpn0 dummying to free up space. I did this almost two months ago and messed up a few times ( forget to save jpn0 to ram before deleting, deleted the wrong thing, ALMOST cleared flash0 with a single button press) but it is definently worth it for the space. on my 3.03oe-b I have a nice 763kb custom-made cintro of a fusion of the ps2-xbox360-psp intros, and the famous hack-slash-blood prince of persia gameboot.

Squidman
January 28th, 2007, 04:06
tis but a warning for people who want to do that, alot of people like the Prince of Persia death sequence or other large gameboots, so it's usefull info for said 1.50r's

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 05:14
man, howcome i didnt see this post.. now i ended up with a brick from deleting jpn0 manually..

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 05:21
man, howcome i didnt see this post.. now i ended up with a brick from deleting jpn0 manually..
Theres nothing wrong with deleting Jpn0 or anything else manually, you just have to do your homework and make sure you know exactly what you will do step by step before you even power on your psp. Still man, sorry about your brick, I know exactly how you feel (See my sig).

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 05:27
i like the ending :D did you buy all those psps? or did u have warrenty?

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 05:38
i like the ending :D did you buy all those psps? or did u have warrenty?
I bought the psp on release day as something to do on a very long flight ( south-korea with military) When the first psp broke, it was still covered by warranty so it was free and homebrew compatible. for the second psp, I had to pay $89 for a refurbished psp that wasn't homebrew-compatible. That's all in the past now though, thank-goodness.

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 05:41
yea, things happen so fast, before i kno it i could get a new psp or my psp just starts working all the sudden

scottyboynow
January 28th, 2007, 09:35
I was gonna free up some flash0 space using this but seeing as some people are getting quite a few bricks latly, I'll give it a pass.

froggie22
January 28th, 2007, 10:10
I was gonna free up some flash0 space using this but seeing as some people are getting quite a few bricks latly, I'll give it a pass.

the program works fine ive deleted the language. they bricked because of manually deleting the file and not throu the program.

Pretty unlucky about that brick dude (xg917)..

scottyboynow
January 28th, 2007, 10:21
Will try then.
Worked

kieso
January 28th, 2007, 13:20
about a month ago I deleted a different font because I was told that deleting the jpn font was a no no. I deleted a different one and still ended up with a semi-brick but recovery worked fine. I hope recovery is working ok for those who were bricked. The main purpose I used it was to make room to put the location free tv modules back in.

drEDN4wt
January 28th, 2007, 15:36
what happens if you try and select japan as the country in settings after you have dummied the jpn font?

acn010
January 28th, 2007, 15:43
what happens if you try and select japan as the country in settings after you have dummied the jpn font?

never thought of that, lol

Zion
January 28th, 2007, 16:26
works fine, i deleted japanese thing with the program and disabled network update with it too with no problems.

and to that guy who briked his psp, what firmware are you using?

GPeter7
January 28th, 2007, 21:19
There is no reason for freeing up space in the flash, your PSP will not work faster or better, but there is a higher risk of bricking your PSP:rofl:

Squidman
January 28th, 2007, 23:34
There is no reason for freeing up space in the flash, your PSP will not work faster or better, but there is a higher risk of bricking your PSP:rofl:

it saves space so you can have a bigger gameboot and various other things on the PSP

btw: mine bricked cause i wanted to see what file it was exactly deleting, so i kinda hit X a bunch of times, lmfao, so ya, it worked but thank god i completely backed up the flash for such an occasion :p