PDA

View Full Version : IceTea 1.0

tommydanger
January 28th, 2007, 03:54
Hi

IceTea 1.0 is now available

IceTea is a graphical user interface for making PSX Eboots.
I know there are already to many of them but I started the project because of two reasons:
-to incorporate all the latest PSX<->PSP features into one single ready to use executable plus make it as easy to use as possible
-to make a multiplatform solution for pops (almost all pops guis needs .net framework ._.)
(should work on win98 onwards)

It uses the wxWidgets library for the graphical output, although only win binary available atm.
Feel free to port it to whatever OS wxWidgets supports.

As of now IceTea provides the following features:
-Create PSP compatible PSX eboot (customize eboot menu appearance)
-Extract ISO from PSX eboot
-Create manual from png images
-Create manual from text file (useful for gamefaqs,..)

IceTea is open source released under the GPL
Download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/icetea/

I also want to thank the following people whose code I've used in IceTea
-Coldbird
-Dark_Alex
-flatwhatson
-Tinnus
And also everyone I forgot who made it all possible

Source can be grabbed via svn

In case you haven't noticed in the picture:
Generated psx eboots will only run on 3.03 OE-C (onwards)

Though I've tested it thoroughly you may experience some bugs

PS: Whoever knows the reason why it's called IceTea gets a cookie :P

Screen, Download, and Give Feedback Via Comments

Destroyer699
January 28th, 2007, 04:09
Wow, this is very nice. Amazing job!

-=me=-
January 28th, 2007, 04:11
sweet- i'm still waiting to be able to play driver 2 though (2 cds)

gymnotropic
January 28th, 2007, 04:19
Hrmmm. You don't need the base.PBP file? Would that mean it contains it, thus making it illegal?

theaceoffire
January 28th, 2007, 04:35
Nah, my autopopstation doesn't need an illegal base.pbp either.

Basically, a guy has a stripped version of base.pbp, with only the emulator. Smaller, and legal.

^_^ I like this thing! Very nice.

gymnotropic
January 28th, 2007, 04:40
A stripped version of the base.pbp still contains copyrighted material-- that being the emulator. :P Don't mean to cause trouble, but just saying that this may be illegal to own and use. *Cough*.

Defx6669
January 28th, 2007, 04:45
Doesnt this use the new DA method? He included it with the new C revision in order to replace the need for a base.pbp

This is from the readme of 303 C "- popstation now lets the use of non-encrypted DATA.PSP. If data.psp is in the same directory as the app,
popstation will use that as the DATA.PSP of the eboot.pbp. Otherwise, it will use the one from BASE.PBP.
A DATA.PSP that imitates the original sony one is included."

gymnotropic
January 28th, 2007, 06:31
But where does the emulator itself come from? :P I thought that it was in the EBOOT itself, and not installed to the flash when you updated to 3.0x.

Veskgar
January 28th, 2007, 07:21
But where does the emulator itself come from? :P I thought that it was in the EBOOT itself, and not installed to the flash when you updated to 3.0x.

No no no, the PSX emulator is implemented into the FREELY distributed firmware updates by SONY. The EMU is included as .prx files in the F0/KD folder on your PSP's flash. pops.prx, popsman.prx, and a couple others.

Nothing "illegal" about this.

Anyway, great job tommydanger. Work seems to have slowed down on some of the other GUI's. Nice to see more and more releases.

SnoopKatt
January 28th, 2007, 08:53
Hmm, is it called IceTea because the Tea is the general program (converting PSXPSP) and the Ice is the thing that makes it different than the rest of them? I dunno, just a shot in the dark.

tommydanger
January 28th, 2007, 12:01
Yes it uses the new popstation code from Dark_Alex for 3.03 OE-C thus eliminating the use of base.pbp.
keys.bin is also not needed anymore (new in 3.03 OE-C)

As stated in the thread the emulator is located on the firmware

fucht017
January 28th, 2007, 14:09
This is so strange....I was in the police station(Resident Evil2)and i Screamed of joy...But when i saved my game in the police station,and load it up again,it didn't worked anymore...:confused:....I tried Resident Evil 3 and there where no graphical glitches anymore,but when i turned the psp off and on again..they where back...Weird..So i don't think Sony's PS1 Emulator is the one who give graphical glitches.

X-Snake-X
January 28th, 2007, 14:47
Ahm... but i need one game from the
PS3 store or not? I just tried it and when I started
the game i got an error... (It was Alundra... the only game that i have atm as .img ^^")

First there came a white Screen with "Loading bios...)
The the error came...
So i assume I need the Hot Shots Golf 2 thing or
something like that?

tommydanger
January 28th, 2007, 14:55
no
make sure your firmware version is 3.03 OE-C

X-Snake-X
January 28th, 2007, 14:58
Oh... it's 3.02 OE-B ^-^"
Can you pls give me a link to all the files
for 3.03 OE-C?

El Payo
January 28th, 2007, 15:01
So glad I have Parallels on my Mac - Tony Hawk Pro Skater and THPS2 working great. Thanks for all the hard work.

jerrt
January 28th, 2007, 15:24
after fighting with the new popstation [is there a good readme for the new popstation?] and several other gui based converters this one worked. now i just need to find some some good icons and i'm set. great work!

neutrOpik
January 28th, 2007, 15:24
Tanks for the release! ;)

neutrOpik
Gx-mod.com

dthpsc
January 28th, 2007, 16:15
A stripped version of the base.pbp still contains copyrighted material-- that being the emulator. :P Don't mean to cause trouble, but just saying that this may be illegal to own and use. *Cough*.

Wow... what is it with you people? You guys are hypocrites who try to f*** it up for others trying to take away a perfectly good program and offending the developers in the process. You really don't know what the hell you're talking about kid, so leave the business up to the mods.

Props to the developer for creating a great program, and sorry you had to deal with some kid who felt it was necessary to try and bring it down.

Anyways, that's my 10 cents on the issue.

gymnotropic
January 28th, 2007, 16:44
Wow... what is it with you people? You guys are hypocrites who try to f*** it up for others trying to take away a perfectly good program and offending the developers in the process. You really don't know what the hell you're talking about kid, so leave the business up to the mods.

Props to the developer for creating a great program, and sorry you had to deal with some kid who felt it was necessary to try and bring it down.

Well excuse me for trying to keep things legal. :p

Ol'Master
January 28th, 2007, 16:55
Gonna use my first post here just to say thank you muchly for this, extremely simple and intuitive.

xsimmonsx
January 28th, 2007, 16:59
Yeah but hands up all thoes who really, really give two shits if somethings legal........

(....and if you've put your hand up you a bloody liar)

Wysiwyg
January 28th, 2007, 18:34
lol, who cares! at the end of the day as long as it does the job, then thats all that matters.

Great work btw! anything that keeps things quick and simple is a winner in my books

soad825
January 28th, 2007, 18:46
so what are the chances of bricking my psp downgrading for 3.3 to 1.5(when it comes out)
and upgranding from oe-a to oe-b to oe-c?

gymnotropic
January 28th, 2007, 19:43
so what are the chances of bricking my psp downgrading for 3.3 to 1.5(when it comes out)
and upgranding from oe-a to oe-b to oe-c?
... Well, it isn't even out yet. We can't be certain. If I recall, though, it uses the GTA:LCS save game exploit. I don't remember how safe that was, so if you're really interested, look into the downgrade chance of that.

Sulfer
January 28th, 2007, 19:53
are images resized in the pic0 pic1 and icon0 or do they need to be proper sizes?

Splid
January 28th, 2007, 19:53
Thanks a bunch for this. I made myself a nice Eboot of Spyro the dragon from an ISO of it i also made today and had no problem. (It was the only playstation 1 disc i have left that isn't too badly scratched). Now to just wait for the 3.03 downgrader to come out hopefully some time in february, then i'll test out the eboot. :thumbup:

Shrygue
January 28th, 2007, 20:15
This application is well good, sowhat easier and more simple to use thatn PSX2PSP 0.71.

gunntims0103
January 28th, 2007, 20:22
Yeah but hands up all thoes who really, really give two shits if somethings legal........

(....and if you've put your hand up you a bloody liar)

Excuse me? If something is illegal or contains illegal copy written material it shouldn't be hosted on any site Period. It's against forum policy. To those who think downloading something illegal is fine, Its not! So please user's don't go assuming everyone is hypocritical because you "think" that downloading illegal content is okay.

If there were illegal infractions i would take it down myself immediately!

josheat
January 29th, 2007, 02:06
Great program. Thanks a hell of alot!

dthpsc
January 29th, 2007, 03:01
Well, you're a mod so it's cool if for you to pull stuff like that... I just always hate to see kids that don't know what the hell they're talking about trying to take authority, like some internet popos... its pathetic, and cracks me up and pisses me off at the same time.

That's my final word on the subject, sorry if I was offensive in any way.

chrono75
January 29th, 2007, 03:29
-EDIT-
Thanks tommydanger and sazyy for helping me out! High fice to you guys!

tommydanger
January 29th, 2007, 08:02
hmm strange it should work when placing it in the same directory as the eboot :/
Haven't tested it but make sure it has the same game id as the eboot (although I'm sure that shouldn't matter)
and you don't need the keys.bin anymore, obsolete now in 3.03 OE-C

If anyone is interested it also works on Vista 32bit, that is pretty kewl seeing as I don't use any windows gui elements directly

sazyy
January 29th, 2007, 17:48
@chrono

just rename your generated dat file in DOCUMENT.DAT ... put that dat file in the same folder as the eboot file...

ah theres still a 100 page limit... if u select a page thats 10X the software manual crashes... and a message pops up "no software manual available"

enjoy

thumbs up for this neat little prog

chrono75
January 29th, 2007, 18:48
:D
WOW, thank you guys so much for clearing that up, the manual works awesome now! It looks really nice on the psp and is ecspecially good for walkthroughs and such, this is pretty slick. Thanks again and it's working superb! IceTea is a really nice little piece of software I would have to say and this manual support makes it all the better!
:thumbup:

Cloud_35
January 29th, 2007, 20:48
The major reason why I would choose this program over others is because of a couple of serious stand-outs that is has over the other programs... For one, there is a compression setting built in that shaves off about 150MB from 650MB games so now, you don't have to compress your PSX files on folders. Secondly, it has the ability to let you include your own manuals for your game so sticking a walkthru in as a manual is really nice... I'm not sure if my manual is going to work yet, but I'll give it a shot and find out for myself, so, I just get a text document, convert it to a .dat file and put it in the games folder along with the keys.bin and EBOOT.pbp? Sounds too good to be true I'll let you guys know... Also, theres a cool little logo just as you begin the game, haha it's kind of cool but it does take a few seconds for it to pass, so I guess it's just a replacement for the warning information if you don't have your own little custom text PNG. Haha, more customization!

Excellent work!!

-EDIT-
Where do I put the manuals for the games after I convert the text files to .DAT files using this software? It doesn't work if you just put it in the same folder as the game... Hmmm, can anyone help me with this?

Are you sure you renamed the .DAT to "Document.dat"?????

It's the only thing that comes to my mind, i've used a hell of walkthroughs for my games (overall in FF7 :D) and other manuals, and they worked that way.......

Awesome app :thumbup:

chrono75
January 30th, 2007, 00:55
Yeah, I got my manuals to work... I guess I just overlooked the fact that the program had the manuals prenamed to document.dat and I wanted to change this for some reason... I never knew how awesome this little feature was until I tried it out for myself, and I must say, the manual feature is superb. It really makes it nice for games like Resident Evil and ecspecially nice for games like Legend of Mana where there is an insane amount of guess work that goes into actually completing events. This is a must have unless there is a stronger program out the that has simlar features, but I don't think so! Check this out! Great work once again and I'm also glad that the manual text is white on black 'cause that's the way it ought to be!

F9zDark
January 30th, 2007, 08:17
This program is awesome. The best POPStation gui out there, period.

How do you make the manauls? Just copy a paste a GameFaq and thats it?

Edit:

Got it, making manuals with this program is mad easy.