PDA

View Full Version : Burning Methods for DCastaway

Eric
April 10th, 2005, 18:58
Hey i just wanted to know if anybody can post there methods of burning this. Way back i tried and i decided last night i would give it a try. Well this time i got some great help from Ron but ran into some probs and here is what happened and the methods he gave me. He told me to make a mode2 session disk without making a image and burn with Nero or anyothers where your able to do that.

Well here is the problem with that i gave it a try and it loads i got the TOS to work aswell but when pressing X i get the please wait screen and it just sticks halfway and the disk i dont believe does anything this is the one where i made a image with Dir2boot. Now the one with the session disk i used DChakker again loads fine and TOS loads the thing that happened this time when pressing x to wait and load it went back to the DChakker menu. So if anybody else has some good ideas let me know i wouldnt mind showing some family members this working.

Thanks

Eric

Starscream
April 17th, 2005, 12:46
Well, I used bootdreams to make me a cdi image from a folder with the 1st_read bin, an older Ip.bin from the atari800 emu (for some reason the tool doesn't create one for me) a 1.04 TOS and a folder with Atari ST images. I burned this with Alcohol 120% and it worked. It didn't work for me with a nero image. I guess it's my burner, it's not recognized in the orginial nero (5.5) and the slowest speed is 4x, not 2x anymore.

Eric
April 18th, 2005, 20:21
Well Starscream i have put a tutorial in DCaSTaway Release Candidate - 1. Experiences thread by ron and my tutorial seems to work for alot of people but Ron also has his ways of getting it work which alot of people are using aswell.

Eric