PDA

View Full Version : Flash Agent D4 (make 2.5mb free on flash0!!)

wraggster
January 28th, 2007, 17:23
New release from Hallo007 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=992607):

what is flash agent?

flash agent is an app with an file browser where youc an select the files you want to flash , so you can switch between gameboots and other flash files without computer!!!

Version D3:

Changelog

1. -possibility to disable japanse font (spaces 1.5mb on flash0!!!)
2. -dump menu
3. -fixed some bugs
4. -some small updates
5. -possibelity to delete files in file browser

Dump menu :

1. -dump all
2. -dump flash0
3. -dump flash1
4. -dump registry
5. -flash registry

Controls:

Up /DOWn /LEFt /RIGHT : change your option
CROSS : select option/File
R1/L1 : change color text in file browser
Circle : Go abck
Home : exit

make 1.5, mb free on flash0
go to the recovery mode in flash agent and disable japanse font

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hallo007 (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1349466&postcount=1)

Shrygue
January 28th, 2007, 17:25
I've been wanting to free up flash0 space since installing custom firmware 3.03 OE-C without bricking my PSP so I'll download this now...

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 17:29
yea, im not even gona touch my flash on my new psp

Veskgar
January 28th, 2007, 17:43
How would this best be used? What is the most popular reason for freeing up space in the flash? I don't understand the extra risk of using this sort of thing.

For instance, what if you used this and then a new version of OE custom firmware is released. Do you run a greater risk of bricking?

saqib154
January 28th, 2007, 18:10
can this run on 3.03 OE-C
and what Veskgar said is there a higher risk of bricking on a custom firmware

(the only thing i wan to do is free up Flash 0 by deleting the Japenese Font)

Project.funky
January 28th, 2007, 18:21
Do you have the jap font on your psp evan if you don't use it?

m_d_uk
January 28th, 2007, 18:23
Do you have the jap font on your psp evan if you don't use it?

yes you do. You also have to dummy the fonts with another font file...

Project.funky
January 28th, 2007, 18:42
Thats stupid 1.5mg for a font. All other fonts should just be deleted when yuo select the one you do want

scottyboynow
January 28th, 2007, 18:59
I don't see were 2.5MB came from, anyway I freed up 1.50MB, now I can flash without worrying about going over the limit.

tophead420
January 28th, 2007, 19:10
yea, im not even gona touch my flash on my new psp

lol Why not? Not scared are you lol just kidding man. I've flashed my psp over 200 times and downgraded two psp's and never bricked or semi bricked a psp so im flash happy lol, but I'm wondering how you brick your psp? Well anyways about this app when I delete the jap font does it mess with anything, like make some of the characters in other fonts not show. Id like to know if it does before I try it, cause i don't want anything missing.

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 19:32
lol Why not? Not scared are you lol just kidding man. I've flashed my psp over 200 times and downgraded two psp's and never bricked or semi bricked a psp so im flash happy lol, but I'm wondering how you brick your psp? Well anyways about this app when I delete the jap font does it mess with anything, like make some of the characters in other fonts not show. Id like to know if it does before I try it, cause i don't want anything missing.

no im not scared. ive downgraded 5 psps, but this just killed my passion for editing flash 0

cuz i bricked my psp last night deleting jpn0 manually. but i think that wasnt the main cause: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50930

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 19:33
Another Flash happy person here, custom font/xmbicons/cintro/gameboot, and still 1.36MB's left on my flash0. Does anyone know where the extra megabyte comes from though as the dummying of jpn0 only yields 1.5MB free space. I went dummy crazy about a month ago after I perfected my own process for doing it, so I know that the xtraMB is probably something you may want to keep, such as rss or internet etc. I wouldn't delete the internet component since it can go very wrong ( made my WLAn go crazy once upon a time).

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 19:35
no im not scared. ive downgraded 5 psps, but this just killed my passion for editing flash 0

cuz i bricked my psp last night deleting jpn0 manually. but i think that wasnt the main cause: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50930

I am 90% sure the cause of your brickage was the deletion of the plugin(s).

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 19:56
look at my last post in my thread

taiyoh
January 28th, 2007, 19:56
Does this work with 3.03 OE-C?
And if I bricked my PSP how would I be able to get it back(I'm running custom firmware 3.03 OE-C)

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 19:57
mostlikely u can get it back with recovery

taiyoh
January 28th, 2007, 20:01
Don't know how to get to recovery since I've never bricked my psp...
Also the title says 2.5 mb,but from the first post I read it only 1.5 mb???Could anyone explain?

GPeter7
January 28th, 2007, 21:07
There is no reason for freeing up space in the flash, your PSP will not work faster or better, but there is a higher risk of bricking your PSP:rofl:

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 21:41
There is no reason for freeing up space in the flash, your PSP will not work faster or better, but there is a higher risk of bricking your PSP:rofl:

Higher risk than what, using the psp as a floatation device? the reason for freeing up flash0 space is to free yoursel of space imitations when customizing your psp with things like custom gameboots/cintros and fonts. As long as you either use an app such as FlashAgent to free up flash0 space, or do it yourself after doing research on the matter, you should be safe.

kiore
January 28th, 2007, 21:46
Ahh.. Good stuff, just what I've been waiting for, PMF files here I come. let me try .......................

baracki96
January 28th, 2007, 22:07
Ahh.. Good stuff, just what I've been waiting for, PMF files here I come. let me try .......................

that's the spirit:)

kiore
January 28th, 2007, 22:59
Thanx this worked like a charm ,It only worked in GAME150 thou......I recovered around 2.4mb:thumbup: :thumbup:

Flatlander
January 28th, 2007, 23:57
this might seem like a noobish question, but freeing up flash memory, could that allow maybe the browsing of pages that say "ran outta memory" ?? Thats what ihave been wondering since flash formatters and shit

Squidman
January 29th, 2007, 00:17
i believe that memory thing is RAM memory, nothing except bookmarks go to the flash, and even then, i believe that goes to the flash1

froggie22
January 29th, 2007, 01:15
Version D4? The changelog says D3 and is exactly the same as D3. this doesnt tell us how it make that extra room from the old one.

Camelot
January 29th, 2007, 01:52
its the exact same as d3 exept now you can dummy more fonts then just the jap one.
But for me it only saved about 2.0 megs.... but who am I to complain
It is basically psp filer with some xflash in it.

taiyoh
January 29th, 2007, 03:37
Does X-flash work on 3.03 OE-C...also where would one find the prince of persia gameboot.
If it's illegal to ask,for whatever reason,I'm sorry and I did not know that gameboots were illegal.

Squidman
January 29th, 2007, 03:45
Does X-flash work on 3.03 OE-C...also where would one find the prince of persia gameboot.
If it's illegal to ask,for whatever reason,I'm sorry and I did not know that gameboots were illegal.

not that i'm aware of.....and why would you want to use X-Flash on OE-C?, you can directly edit the flash......

well, you can google for "PSP Gameboot.pmf" and it'll come up. also, when you do get the gameboot:
go into recovery->advanced->toggle USB (flash0), then go to E:\vsh\resource\ and replace the gameboot.pmf there and it's installed....

taiyoh
January 29th, 2007, 03:50
O...!
I wished I knew that lol...I've been looking for X-flash for 3.03 OE-C everywhere...lolz.
EDIT:SWEET! GOT IT TO WORK!

Squidman
January 29th, 2007, 04:27
glad to be of assistance, just one rule of advice for you if you plan to use the access to the flash0/flash1......DON'T DELETE ANYTHING THAT YOU DON'T THINK YOU DON'T NEED, everything on there is needed, this app doesn't delete the font, it dummies it, so the PSP thinks it's there, and saves space on the flash

ACID
January 29th, 2007, 05:54
Sounds nice i will try it out for size. :)

.:PSP1.0:.
January 29th, 2007, 07:58
Guys From what i can tell the other 1mb freed space would come from point 5 maybe..?

Version D3:

Changelog

1. -possibility to disable japanse font (spaces 1.5mb on flash0!!!)
2. -dump menu
3. -fixed some bugs
4. -some small updates
5. -possibelity to delete files in file browser

eugenemcardle
January 29th, 2007, 09:17
I got about 2.25meg back after choosing to get rid of some fonts via the recovery menu of Flash Agent

mad-brian
January 29th, 2007, 22:46
Just used this successfully and now I have 2.71mb free on flash0, thanks for this program :D
time to customise :P

xg917
February 3rd, 2007, 22:27
yes it worked! this thing is nice. i got a custom gameboot on my psp now!

Xiofire
February 4th, 2007, 18:54
How do i make fonts work on the psp? I want to use a .ttf but they are all in .pgf
-Xiofire

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 18:57
How do i make fonts work on the psp? I want to use a .ttf but they are all in .pgf
-Xiofire

Look for an app called Font convertor. It will convert your ttf into pgf

Xiofire
February 4th, 2007, 19:01
Thanks for the fast reply. Do yew know any fonts that look good on the psp?
-Xiofire

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 19:02
www.dafont.com
The one I use is Gorillaz

Xiofire
February 4th, 2007, 19:10
Sorry to be an absolute noob, but how do yew use ttf to pgf? it has an exe, that when i click it, opens a black box, then shuts instantly.
Thnx
-Xiofire

EDIT: Doesnt matter, found a GUI

Camelot
February 4th, 2007, 20:25
Sorry to be an absolute noob, but how do yew use ttf to pgf? it has an exe, that when i click it, opens a black box, then shuts instantly.
Thnx
-Xiofire

EDIT: Doesnt matter, found a GUI

I was going to say that you needed to have it in the same folder but ya, a gui is much easier

Lt-Razorworks
February 5th, 2007, 13:12
Aww, POO!!! I think i screwed up somewhere, and my PSP is now as fun to play with as a brick. Its a good thing that i have another one, but please people...

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!!!!!!!

Ah well, i always wanted to take a sledge to one of these things anyway...

Cloud-Kun
June 1st, 2007, 20:02
how do i use this :S what do i go to, to free up memory :S

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 08:26
The dopamine D4 receptor has been investigated for its potential role in several CNS disorders, notably schizophrenia and more recently, erectile dysfunction. Whereas studies have investigated dopamine D4 receptor-mediated signaling in vitro, there have been few, if any, attempts to identify dopamine D4 receptor signal transduction pathways in vivo. In the present studies, the selective dopamine D4 agonist PD168077 induces c-Fos expression and extracellular signal regulated kinase (ERK) phosphorylation in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN), a site known to regulate proerectile activity.

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

Shatta
July 14th, 2008, 03:45
thanx man, this rly helped

lools
October 11th, 2008, 13:04
what could happen to my psp if this apply in the wrong way !!!!
can it become dameged or what coz i don't knowe what is the best way to do his
could someone help plz

jurkevicz
October 11th, 2008, 17:20
buddy sorry to say, but if you're asking questions about this, don't even try it. You will Brick your PSP.