PDA

View Full Version : Every NES game ever on eBay

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 01:15
http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/86/e7/96ee_2.JPG

via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/28/every-nes-game-ever-on-ebay/)

This isn't the first bulk sale of hundreds of retro games on eBay, and it certainly won't be the last, but that doesn't mean we're not impressed by the completeness of this particular collection. Currently the bidding is at an impressive $5,200 with just over 6 days to go, which isn't surprising considering what's included: 670 NES games, which the seller claims constitutes "every game ever made" for the Nintendo Entertainment System. If achieving your childhood dream of owning, we repeat, every NES game ever made, isn't enough for you, then you'll no doubt explode when you see that ROB the robot, a Power Glove, a multitude of other accessories, and that essential NES console are all part of the deal. When you wake up in a couple of hours -- after you finish reading this post you'll pass out due to an overwhelming wave of nostalgia, trust us -- you better cross your fingers and check this post's comment's section in the hope that someone has found a flaw in the deal, otherwise you'll be forever jealous of the winner.

More Info (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/28/every-nes-game-ever-on-ebay/)

Zeon
January 29th, 2007, 06:29
Interesting; however, that number doesn't sound right.

I believe the count of all US released nes games barring crazy pirated stuff and prototypes is somewhere around 771 games, however the seller might not be inclucing unlicensed US games, such as ones released by Tengen, Camerica, Color dream and others. Judging by the fact that there are no blue or black cartridges in the picture I'd say that this is the case. However I wouldn't call a US nes collection missing about 100 games "complete", regardless of the fact that the missing games are unlicensed.

Also, he doesn't have many boxes or manuals. Granted, those things are near impossible to find for games that old these days, it still be nice if he had a lot more of them.

It's a nice find, though it's not worth the $5,200+ price it commands in my opinion, especially if you consider the ratio of good nes games to games you couldn't hardly give away they're so awful. Besides, it's more fun to complete a collection yourself than just aquiring it all at once. It takes all of the fun out of it, but that's just me. Kind of like how someone once said that the journey is more fun than the actual destination.

ACID
January 29th, 2007, 09:43
nice price but if people where smarter they start there own collection. Just go to your local farmers market or ebgames the games run from 50 cents to up to 3 dollars if your lucky you can get a bunch in a short time. Two summers ago i got in to the NES frencie and did just that. In a ebgames alone i got over 150 games for less then 350 dollars so it is possible. :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 29th, 2007, 11:08
WOW great collection although i was never a NEs fan or owner it would still be a awsome collection to have..