PDA

View Full Version : Simple GBA Mode Switcher

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 01:47
RyanB (http://www.cryptosystem.org/) posted a great app for GBA Homebrew on your DS, heres the news from him:

With Slot-1 DS flash carts, you sometimes want to boot a GBA cart in Slot-2. There’s probably something already out there for this, but I couldn’t find one so I made a small and simple GBA mode switcher. It uses the setting you’ve selected in your DS firmware to determine which screen to run on. This is probably the shortest DS code I’ll ever write, so source is included in this post.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

souLLy
January 29th, 2007, 07:52
M3 simply's already have an option to boot from slot 2 in the menu, I'm sure this will be useful for everyone else though :)

linkenski
January 29th, 2007, 14:22
just wish someone would make a GBA launcher for MMD.

Ryan FB
January 29th, 2007, 18:08
M3 simply's already have an option to boot from slot 2 in the menu, I'm sure this will be useful for everyone else though :)The R4's boot from Slot-2 menu option boots Slot-2 in NDS mode (like a PassMe, or like FlashMe can do), which is different from this. If you try to run the R4 menu option with a normal GBA cart in Slot-2, you'll just get two white screens.

TeenDev
February 11th, 2007, 03:28
just wish someone would make a GBA launcher for MMD.

Bonic is supposidly working on one...

DanTheManMS
February 11th, 2007, 08:02
GBA will never work on the MMD unless a full-fledged GBA emulator for the DS is created. The MMD simply cannot supply data fast enough for the GBA to accept it.

Xcliber
February 19th, 2007, 13:08
I think a gba emu would be great for ds too.
not just for mmd users.
I would like to be able to play my GBA games in DS Fullscreen!(stretched\scaled)

DanTheManMS
February 20th, 2007, 00:25
It would require that the GBA binaries be less than 4 MB in size, since everything would have to be loaded into the DS's RAM in order to be fast enough.

spinal_cord
May 11th, 2007, 23:53
I't wouldn't have to be fast enough if it were an emulator. But it will also never ever happen. There is no need to even try.

Buddy4point0
May 11th, 2007, 23:59
lol yea you guys are tallking aobut a gba emulator, lol.
why ould any1 make one because there is an offical 1 built in

sanderevers
May 14th, 2007, 19:38
The R4's boot from Slot-2 menu option boots Slot-2 in NDS mode (like a PassMe, or like FlashMe can do), which is different from this. If you try to run the R4 menu option with a normal GBA cart in Slot-2, you'll just get two white screens.

I got the R4, and it starts inserted GBA (official) games just fine (game packs, not roms).

And about this funny program, :P, it works perfectly. It even works without a GBA game inserted ;) (The "GameBoy" logo appears and nothing happens)

DanTheManMS
May 14th, 2007, 22:45
A somewhat recent firmware made the R4 able to tell the difference between a GBA game and a slot-2 flash cart, booting to the correct one. This program was made before that firmware update.

Freebird8495
March 29th, 2008, 19:48
lol yea you guys are tallking aobut a gba emulator, lol.
why ould any1 make one because there is an offical 1 built in
Well, first of all, there is a difference...The built in 1 only boots games, and an emulator has built in ones, but u make a really good point.......