PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania PSP confimation?

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 06:28
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/28/castlevania-psp-confimation/)

NeoGAF forum goers are wondering if PLAY magazine has confirmed Dracula X: Rondo of Blood for PSP. In the Letter from the Editor page, Dave Halverson says "Can you say Dracula X meets Symphony of the Night". Later on in PLAY's Most Anticipated games of 2007 page Dave lists Dracula X: Rondo of Blood for PSP as his #3 choice.

Why would Dave put Dracula X as a PSP game if it wasn't coming to the portable? Especially on a list of anticipated games of 2007. That still doesn't explain his comment about Dracula X meets Symphony of the Night. Maybe Symphony of the Night is coming to the PSP as well, or some new game that combines elements of both. Of course the less exciting prospect could be that he was just referring to Symphony of the Night coming to Xbox 360 and Dracula X to PSP.

I suppose we'll just have to wait for an official announcement to find out for sure, but this info is interesting none the less.

felonyr301
January 29th, 2007, 06:53
the only official word on Symphony of the Night is that it's coming to the xbox 360, more specific as an xbox arcade download.

Game_Collector
January 29th, 2007, 11:39
I would love to see Chi no Rondo on the PSP! I would hope for a Chronicles like game with the original in all it's glory and an enhanced game with improved graphics. When Castlevania Chronicles was announced back in 2000 I wondered why did Konami chose to release the lesser known (but even more expensive) X68000 version instead of the legendary PC Engine game? I am quite sure they would know of the status of that game.

I would much prefer a PS2 release of the game with the enhanced version ala Chronicles but I guess the PSP would be OK. I don't need a PSP version of Nocturne in the Moonlight as I already ripped my PS1 version and have it on my PSP :D

Although I like the collection games Konami have been releasing on the PSP such as Parodius, Gradius, Salamander and Twin Bee!, I can't help but wish they would do the releases on the PS2 as well.

gopherbob
January 29th, 2007, 15:40
Iga is too smart to develop a new castlevania for the psp. Lets hope Rondo of Blood is coming.

Maybe the editor is stupid and thinks rondo of blood is a new game that combines dracula x(snes) with SotN. Which for a dumb ass would be a reasonable assumption.

yakumo
January 29th, 2007, 17:00
While I am enjoying Castlevania for DS series, it indeed would be great to have a tittle for the PSP. Sure I'll buy it.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 29th, 2007, 17:08
It would be nice to have it on the psp.

tiosolid
January 29th, 2007, 17:33
Any castlevania new title is worth buying. You can see from the GBA and DS titles. They are must buy games from anyone that have any of these systems

end3rbr0
January 29th, 2007, 17:44
SOTN is great times on my psp recently. I have had the pleasure of playing through rondo of blood for my turbografx and I must say it is probably the best castlevania game ever....with sotn being a super close second. Psp fans and castlevania buffs should feel blessed as it has been nearly 15 years since chi no rondo came out in japan, and konami has never really let that particular cat, out of the bag, so to speak.

Apoklepz
January 29th, 2007, 18:20
The DS games are the only ones besides DS Mario 64 that I own on DS. Sure would be nice to have Rondo or a reworked SotN on PSP...Or maybe even a new CastleVania Chronicles that documents both of them altoghether + bonuses galore!

Whatever CastleVania might come to the PSP or DS way is a blessing I'll probably buy...it's one of those addictions of mine. heh...I just hope these news don't end up as just rumorous speculation.

...and yes, playing SotN and Rondo already on PSP, thanks to the Sony Popstation and PCE ver0.7 emulators just leaves one word in my mind...Priceless.

chrono75
January 30th, 2007, 00:49
Yeah, I heard Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was coming to Xbox 360 Live Arcade about 3-4 months ago and I'm pretty excited about it. However, doesn't this Dracula X version have more characters and expanded areas and levels? Hmmm, it would be worth a comparison...