PDA

View Full Version : Wiinja north america

MikeDX
January 29th, 2007, 09:06
North american wii users can now get their modchip from their "local" reseller. www.wiinjanorthamerica.com

They are listed as an official reseller on wiinja.com. So if modchipping is your thing, maybe you want to give them a shout

compoman386
January 29th, 2007, 11:46
Don't you think it would be sensible to confirm that this modchip is real before posting all the details of where to buy it? Alot of people would be wary of a product like this, but seeing it on here makes them think it must be genuine, so far I have yet to see any real evidence of this modchip in action. (i know there was a video of it floating around for the last few days but it proves nothing IMO, if you watch it closely.)

MikeDX
January 29th, 2007, 12:27
I've had it "confirmed" by a number of people in the homebrew scene, which is why I waited this long to post about it.

msaraiva
January 29th, 2007, 13:58
Don't you think it would be sensible to confirm that this modchip is real before posting all the details of where to buy it? Alot of people would be wary of a product like this, but seeing it on here makes them think it must be genuine, so far I have yet to see any real evidence of this modchip in action. (i know there was a video of it floating around for the last few days but it proves nothing IMO, if you watch it closely.)

C'mon...all the information needed to build a drivechip has been avaible for sometime now (tmbinc). The protection is similar to gc's one.

And since i can't create a new thread, here's some interesting piece of software:

Region free for GAMECUBE mode on wii, via GCoS, thanks to emu_kidid!

Ps.: The pre-loader code isn't included in the source. Oh, and you can run homebrew too.

MikeDX
January 29th, 2007, 15:33

bandit
January 29th, 2007, 19:21
I have made a reseller/installer list. It can be found on my site.

zeromission80
January 29th, 2007, 19:48
CHECK this out!!!!!
I'm posting cause i like this site alot , be wary of the wiinja a firmware update will eliminate its use!!!:(
ENTER CYCLOWIZ: (A REAL MODCHIP):thumbup:

Here is what we know so far about this chip:

- Quicksolder (no wires required)
- Plays Wii Backups
- Plays GC Backups
- Play GC Homebrew
- Play GC Imports (swap needed)
- Built-in Audiofix (GC games using streaming are working flawlessly, no patch needed)
- DVD-R / DVD+R support
- Optional chip disable wire
- Stealth even when chip is enabled
- Multi-purpose LED

personally i'll wait for this its much more genuine looking and can do more already

The chip is supposed to be shipped by the end of the week, so in fact this may be the first "real" Modchip to reach the market!

It looks like a very pro and easy to install solution! We're not sure Wiinja has built-in audiofix, but this is definitely a must-have feature. Expect a review soon, including a video of the installation process!

The teams' website is launching soon at Teamcyclops.com

SwordOfZork
January 30th, 2007, 00:43
So, does this mean that it can't play back-ups from different regions, as well, or that it just can't play original copies from other regions?

curt_grymala
January 30th, 2007, 00:46
So, does this mean that it can't play back-ups from different regions, as well, or that it just can't play original copies from other regions?

The only way it will play back-ups from other regions is if someone region-hacks the back-ups.

Anyway, no more talk about back-ups, please. Otherwise, we will be forced to take action.

SwordOfZork
January 30th, 2007, 01:06
The only way it will play back-ups from other regions is if someone region-hacks the back-ups.

Anyway, no more talk about back-ups, please. Otherwise, we will be forced to take action.

Sorry about that. I keep forgetting the rules for this forum. (I'm on too many, lol)

I'll delete my previous post if its a problem.