PDA

View Full Version : New beta release! (Beta 2)

fox68k
April 11th, 2005, 04:07
Here is the second beta release of Neo4all emulator! :D

You will find many changes from the previous version and more than probably you will be pleased. :)

Game compatibility has been greatly improved.

Some feedback will be much appreciated, specially to complete the compatibility list.

You can download it from Neo4all official web site (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.shtml).

Starscream
April 12th, 2005, 19:42
Tried it briefly, looks excellent. I'll see if I can give some feedback regarding compatibility.

mrquiteaguy
April 13th, 2005, 22:27
Excellent emulator. I tried Ghost Pilots and it worked perfectly.
From what I have played of it,level 1 and Level 2, music,sound and graphics were perfect
and the speed was definely there. ;)

Starscream
April 17th, 2005, 12:57
Blue's journey, Robo Army, Real bout Fatal Fury and Kabuki Klash all work very good with frameskip 0. No CDAA with Robo Army and Kabuki Klash though.

karloz
April 26th, 2005, 23:12
Excellent emu, for sure!!!

Some (productive?) feedback:
- Some of the top and bottom lines are missing on my PAL TV, for example I only see half of the credits at the menu's top
- Why is the backup memory only temporary? Everytime I switch off/on my DC the games state that "backup memory is not formatted" - though the VMU-file is still there...
- I think, sometimes less is more: menu voices etc. maybe nice, but it's getting really disturbing, when you have to see/hear five or six times per game. IMO just black screens with a progress bar would do fine. Plus, is it really necessary to switch screens for VMU access? Or could this also happen in the background with the original game graphics still being displayed?

quzar
April 26th, 2005, 23:33
Excellent emu, for sure!!!

Some (productive?) feedback:
- Some of the top and bottom lines are missing on my PAL TV, for example I only see half of the credits at the menu's top
- Why is the backup memory only temporary? Everytime I switch off/on my DC the games state that "backup memory is not formatted" - though the VMU-file is still there...
- I think, sometimes less is more: menu voices etc. maybe nice, but it's getting really disturbing, when you have to see/hear five or six times per game. IMO just black screens with a progress bar would do fine. Plus, is it really necessary to switch screens for VMU access? Or could this also happen in the background with the original game graphics still being displayed?

I don't mean to preach the word of my emu or anything but each and every one of your complaints about neo4all are things which seperate NeoDC from it. NeoDC has no inflated menu, has working vmu saving and should display properly on both pal and ntsc displays.

karloz
April 27th, 2005, 00:07
I don't mean to preach the word of my emu or anything but each and every one of your complaints about neo4all are things which seperate NeoDC from it. NeoDC has no inflated menu, has working vmu saving and should display properly on both pal and ntsc displays.

Well then, release a working scrambled binary and I will give it a try...

quzar
April 27th, 2005, 00:19
Well then, release a working scrambled binary and I will give it a try...

You can easily use the preexisting unscrambled binary with demomenu or scramble it on your own. Someone made me a scambled one that worked, if I can find it I'll upload it and post it.

kof2000
April 30th, 2005, 21:54
excellent emu, this neo4all. i dont think the screen being a little small is a problem on pal tvs. i cant see very well the lines, but its ok.
the load screens and the voice ok too, but i would preffer the original neogeo games loadscreens if possible.
about the saves, i´m sure it will work on future releases.
i posted on the compatibility forum, and i must say: THE COMPATIBILITY IS VERY GOOD

plz keep working on this amazing emu, so that it will be perfect in no time...

karloz
May 1st, 2005, 14:05
I managed to test NeoDC 2.3 now. Honestly, for speed issues it really can't compete with Neo4All (video- and audio-wise). Sorry, quzar...

So, keep it up, fox68k!!

quzar
May 1st, 2005, 14:07
I managed to test NeoDC 2.3 now. Honestly, for speed issues it really can't compete with Neo4All (video- and audio-wise). Sorry, quzar...

So, keep it up, fox68k!!

just to note, for an accurate speed compairison, you need to set neo4all to no frameskip and no underclocking (the default is auto frameskip and underclocked z80).

also, you don't seem to have a choice if you want to hear CDDA in many games now do you ? =P