PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time is most expensive VC game yet

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 16:04
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been given a release date and price for Nintendo's Virtual Console in Japan.

And it's the most expensive VC game yet! According to Ninteno's Japanese website the world's best game (in my opinion, anyway) will set you back 1200 Wii Points, which is about nine quid by our reckoning.

N64 games usually cost about 1000 Wii Points - like the recently released Mario Kart 64 - but Ocarina looks set to break the mould ("and they shouldn't do that," says CVG's Nintendo boss Mike Jackson).

The N64 classic is also due for launch in Japan next month. We believe that Ocarina is due for a VC release in late February. While you wait why don't you whip out the N64 (or GameCube version) and get stuck in. Cheaper than buying it all over again.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156353)

Adrenalin
January 29th, 2007, 22:28
it'll print them tons of money for sure

Junixx
January 30th, 2007, 05:14
Yep people will still buy it, there was one problem I noticed when I was playing Majoras Mask on the GC collection though, it ran worse :( I mean it was playable but it ran (or so it seemed, been a while since i played the N64 version) that it ran a whole lot worse, which is understandable though

lexluthor
January 30th, 2007, 08:05
How do you mean it ran worse? What like the frame rate was slower or something?

LilSwish722
January 30th, 2007, 14:58
i never was a big zelda fan. but 1200 wii points is 12 bucks here. so thats a lil expensive

Junixx
January 30th, 2007, 21:39
How do you mean it ran worse? What like the frame rate was slower or something?

Yea the framerate was lower and sound was choppy in some places

dragoncurse10
January 31st, 2007, 03:37
that's not really alot for 22 dollars i got 2000 wii points compare to the orginal game price it around 30-40 dollars so considering it now not really that expensive and new zelda ending was ok ganondorf got stab and die