PDA

View Full Version : Epic boss becomes Sony's knight in shining armour

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 16:07
"It's a beautiful machine, it's a great-looking piece of equipment, so I think Sony's going to be fine" - Mark Rein defends PS3.

"People think it's bad if they can't ship enough, and then they think it's bad if they can ship enough. It's like, which is it? Either they can't fulfill your order or they can, and they're both good.

"Being able to fulfill your order is good news, right? Go out and buy your PS3 now. You can get one. That's miraculous", Rein responded in a interview with Game Informer when asked if he thought Sony is in trouble.

"So as long as people are willing to pay the price for the machine-and I'm sure lots of people are-I think they're hopefully in a good situation. I think they've done a good job with their downloadable content. There's not a lot of games on there, but the ones that are there are really high quality, and I'm really impressed with the games. It's a beautiful machine, it's a great-looking piece of equipment, so I think Sony's going to be fine," Rein added.

"Hopefully, they'll have some big, hit must-have games... I think Sony's going to do great. People just want to say, it doesn't matter what, people just want to say bad things."

Well, with Unreal Tournament 3 coming to PS3, he's hardly going to stand up and say Sony's console is a steaming pile of doomed plop, is he?

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156365)

irongiant
January 29th, 2007, 16:29
It is a fantastic machine.. but what it's in desperate need of is system selling games or at least a decent selection of top quality titles. Resistance FOM alone won't sell millions of PS3s, considering the limited selection so far they've done well enough but to really push on they need games.

alienanthropologist
January 29th, 2007, 17:38
"People think it's bad if they can't ship enough, and then they think it's bad if they can ship enough. It's like, which is it? Either they can't fulfill your order or they can, and they're both good.
cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156365)

The problem is when you can fulfil the order, but you're still far from fulfilling your projected targets, plus your competition (which happens to be a hugely technically inferior machine) is doubling your sales and it's still unable to keep up with demand.

No-one's criticising Sony for not having enough Ps3 piled up in shops everywhere. The problem is that they aren't really selling that well.;)