PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 3.10 Released on PlayStation Korea

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 20:29
A new firmware for the PSP has been released at the Korean Playstation site (http://www.playstation.co.kr/psp/psp01_05_new_3.10.asp?sid=891), heres the info:

Changelog
GAME
• "It enjoyed PLAYSTATION Network tie frames and the function for was strengthened." <-- no idea... maybe compatibility is improved?

NETWORK
• Function to record MPEG-4 AVC from LocationFree Player. Model LF-PK20 (Japan) or LF-B20 and LF-B10 (United States) LocationFree™ base stations are required for this.
• "Memory economy" function added to Web Browser settings

SETTINGS
• "Dynamic normalizer" function added in Sound settings.

Memory economy:
When using the Web Browser, it uses less memory. However, picture quality decreases.

Dynamic normalizer:
The volume level for playing music is regulated.

Will we see a new release for Jap, USA and Europe PSPs, well only Sony know that information.

Thanks to jas0nuk for the news :)

Shrygue
January 29th, 2007, 20:31
That was fast, a 3.03 downgrader one day, an update to version 3.10 next evening. I wonder if Sony patched up that rediscovered GTA:LCS save data exploit.

Zion
January 29th, 2007, 20:34
i bet they did, there wont have been any improvements to anything else :(

i would love to be on 3.10oeb :p with improved psx emu :D

splodger15
January 29th, 2007, 20:35
I new a new firmware would be along

gunntims0103
January 29th, 2007, 20:39
A new firmware for the PSP has been released at the Korean Playstation site (http://www.playstation.co.kr/psp/psp01_05_new_3.10.asp?sid=891), heres the info:

Changelog
GAME
• "It enjoyed PLAYSTATION Network tie frames and the function for was strengthened." <-- no idea... maybe compatibility is improved?

NETWORK
• Function to record MPEG-4 AVC from LocationFree Player. Model LF-PK20 (Japan) or LF-B20 and LF-B10 (United States) LocationFree™ base stations are required for this.
• "Memory economy" function added to Web Browser settings

SETTINGS
• "Dynamic normalizer" function added in Sound settings.

Memory economy:
When using the Web Browser, it uses less memory. However, picture quality decreases.

Dynamic normalizer:
The volume level for playing music is regulated.

Will we see a new release for Jap, USA and Europe PSPs, well only Sony know that information.

I guess they forgot the biggest part of the update to mention

security*

-Patch new downgrader :P

Sony just adds all the little stuff to throw everyone off on the big main patch i guess. Why can't Sony make a useful update :(

SnoopKatt
January 29th, 2007, 20:39
Hmm, I think the first one may mean that the PSP can connect directly to the PS1 store to D/L games instead of a PS3. But I may be wrong.

Napalm-Death
January 29th, 2007, 20:40
But if they did patch the security, there's a chance they wouldn't say anything so that hackers would think it's still unpatched. I hope that makes sense. ._.

the_eternal_dark
January 29th, 2007, 20:42
I can smell a 3.10 OE-A coming in about 2-3 weeks..

I wonder what was done with the PS1 emulator.

gotmilk0112
January 29th, 2007, 20:45
ololo its probably going to be |-|@><0|2'd in like a week :p

DPyro
January 29th, 2007, 20:47
** Waits for new version 3.10 OE-A **

-=me=-
security patch, lol

smith1
I have managed to dump and decrypt and extract the reboot.bin file. Expect a new custom firmware soon and a new devhook.Lol, congrats. Thing is, though: the eboot on their site isn't 3.1, just 3.03. They haven't uploaded it yet.

:rofl:

weirdelf
ololo its probably going to be |-|@><0|2'd in like a week :p

Agreed

splodger15
January 29th, 2007, 20:57
Lol, congrats. Thing is, though: the eboot on their site isn't 3.1, just 3.03. They haven't uploaded it yet.

:rofl:

Yeh i noticed that. Sorry if i mislead anyone.

jas0nuk
January 29th, 2007, 20:57
If you wanted to copy my translation (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=46565) you could have at least skipped my own notes
e.g.
"It enjoyed PLAYSTATION Network tie frames and the function for was strengthened." <-- no idea... maybe compatibility is improved? xD

Oh well :p

mavsman4457
January 29th, 2007, 20:58
The new feature with LocationFree actually sounds pretty cool but I don't have LocationFree so it is useless to me. From what I read, you can record stuff that you see through LocationFree onto your PSP. That's awesome. Also, I have a quick question. If someone has a modchip, couldn't they just access the flash files of 3.10 very easily and add those to 3.03OE so a 3.10OE could be made in a very short time?

smith1
January 29th, 2007, 20:59
If you wanted to copy my translation (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=46565) you could have at least skipped my own notes
e.g. xD

Oh well :pThis is dcemu, after all.

Nicko01
January 29th, 2007, 20:59
this goes on UP flash :)

DPyro
January 29th, 2007, 21:02
e.g. xD

Oh well :p

Any idiot can plop that crap into google translator.

-Xandu-
January 29th, 2007, 21:05
What? More security that'll be cracked a day later?

Boardman2411
January 29th, 2007, 21:09
Does anyone know what "Dynamic normalizer" means, because it sounds interesting

DPyro
January 29th, 2007, 21:11
Normalizes music...if one mp3 is loader than another it makes the volume even.

Squidman
January 29th, 2007, 21:15
this sounds like nothing useful to me at all, the new location free thing is interesting, but not something i'd use, that's what Tivo and converters are for, but i wanna know about the PSX emulator

ExcruciationX
January 29th, 2007, 21:19
They didn't mention anything about security...

smith1
January 29th, 2007, 21:22
Any idiot can plop that crap into google translator.Any idiot can copy/paste translation + personal notes.

:rofl: :rofl:

jonezybaby
January 29th, 2007, 21:23
interesting, Wonder wat Dark_Alex is thinkin?

tophead420
January 29th, 2007, 21:24
i bet they did, there wont have been any improvements to anything else :(

i would love to be on 3.10oeb :p with improved psx emu :D

Ye that would be nice, and the Dynamic normalizer sounds interesting. Does that have anything to do with making the volume go higher so I can actually hear wtf I'm listening to. :p

scarph
January 29th, 2007, 21:37
1/29
fw 3.1 released

1/30
booster reports that a modified psar dumper can dump all the prx's in 3.1

2/1
Some complicated devhook to use 3.1 is released...no one uses it

2/5
Dark Alex released 3.1 fs-a
(f***** sony-again)

jas0nuk
January 29th, 2007, 21:41
Have you seen the crap Google translate produces from this?
Anyway, doesn't matter, need to focus on downgrading 3.10 ;)

the_eternal_dark
January 29th, 2007, 21:46
I'm willing to say that 3.10 will be available in the next 12 hours for download in the US/Europe/Japan.

cartmandude14
January 29th, 2007, 21:57
2/1
funny.. i remember when everyone loved devhook and thought it was the best thing ever... but now we have custom firmwares..

S34MU5
January 29th, 2007, 22:19
Wow this is a suprise, why have they released this :D

Would be funny if they patched nothing, and downgrader still worked :p

3.10oe anyone?

Imagine if PSP was never hacked.... how slow the updates would go.

And i laugh so hard at the people who have upated

carlitx
January 29th, 2007, 22:49
come on decrypter for 3.10 OE-A!!!!

blackrave
January 29th, 2007, 23:14
Hm, they must have patched and fixed the hole, but they feel strategic by not mentioning it (but what if they really didn't fix it?).

I can imagine it won't be long before this firmware is hacked to pieces and put together again in the form of a custom firmware. Can't wait!

Anyway, a little meaningless update. I wonder if it comes to the rest of the world with the same contents.

pt9087
January 29th, 2007, 23:17
As said before "That was fast" and it was lol

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 29th, 2007, 23:29
*sniff* *sniff* I smell something cooking, is Dark_AleX in the kitchen again??!??? I can smell the 3.10 OE-A from here..............

crypysmoker
January 29th, 2007, 23:53
First off anyone who updates after all the development we have had in the past 3 months on C/F's needs help... or just doesnt know anythign about it.

Also, isnt it Illegal for sony to implement a security patch and not mention it in a written update??
This was released so fast that they had to have been testing it for a lil bit, hence no security patch since the 3.03 DG just came out.

SO, I belive Decrypted in a week and turned into CF within the next month at most.

The new features may not help normal PSP users much, but they woul dbe some nice additions to a custom firmware

Veskgar
January 30th, 2007, 00:08
Aside from improved popstation performance/compatibility, I'm not all that excited about the new features.

emuking
January 30th, 2007, 00:09
so where is 3.10 oe-a :D

XxunknowxX
January 30th, 2007, 00:22
1/29
fw 3.1 released

1/30
booster reports that a modified psar dumper can dump all the prx's in 3.1

2/1

2/5
Dark Alex released 3.1 fs-a
(f***** sony-again)

oh i love that 3.1 FS-A a really interactive name definetly would be nice. I think what DAX should do is insted of using LocationFree use one of those video players (i think it was called pimp something whatch TV) and use the record so that we can enjoy it in our PSPs that would be interestin but is my opinion. LONG LIVE FS-A lol

DarthPaul
January 30th, 2007, 00:29
WooT!! a NEW FIRMWARE MEANS A NEW CUSTOM FIRMWARE!! HERE WE GO!!!

ryanMWolfe
January 30th, 2007, 00:32

It is already compatible with all the Sony ps3 bought games so it must be better speed not compatibility

XxunknowxX
January 30th, 2007, 00:40
i have read that DAX is going to work on a custom firmware as soon as a sony firmware is available in the PSP update so lets wish him luck.

fro
January 30th, 2007, 01:00
x

fro
January 30th, 2007, 01:01
just in case someone's interested, this is written at the bottom of the korean playstation site

CAUTION:
This update is only for customers who obtained PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) for Korea which model number is PSP-1005 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web Site or other channels . For these customers who obtained PSP™ in the other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP™ through this web site. SCEK shall not be liable for any damage or malfunction of PSP™ purchased out side of Korea with the update through this web site.

EvilDooinz
January 30th, 2007, 01:14
thanks for the info guys. Unless dax is adding stuff to this update I dont see any reson to update. I'm happy with my 3.03 OE- C for the time being. only reason I could see making this a OE firmware is for the PSP -> PS3 connectivity other than a few lucky locationfree users, and good luck trying to fit all that on the flash.

felonyr301
January 30th, 2007, 01:33
i don't think every update is going to be improving the popstation now it could be just to patch something. So if that is the case Dark Alex won't really bother with it.

pSpFrEaKK
January 30th, 2007, 02:31
I want it

nightshade209
February 1st, 2007, 05:51
hey y'all. seeing as i dont know much about hacking etc and homebrew i didnt know that it was a completly stupid thing to update my psp to version 3.10. recently i heard about a downgrader for version 3.03 and i was wondering if it works on version 3.10? i followed the instructions on the hen website and put the files where it told me and when i started up gta lcs, it said that the data is corrupted. can anyone tell me IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PLAY HOMEBREW ON MY PSP????????????????????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

camcorderdoctor
February 1st, 2007, 20:06
not yet bro you upgraded to 3.10 too soon - DAX and FANJITA are probably on it - so just wait ....