PDA

View Full Version : CycloWiz! - Homebrew Supporting Modchip

wraggster
January 29th, 2007, 20:43
http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/cyclowiz1.jpg

Another modchip is to be released later this week/next week called the CycloWiz, unlike the Wiinja modchip (from what we are told) this mod has support for Gamecube Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii, no more messing around with SD loaders etc. Yet again this Chip doesnt make the Wii region free.

Now DCEmu is only interested in Modchips for Homebrew Purposes, we are not at all interested in piracy, however if modchips are the only way to get homebrew on the Wii we will post all news that refers to homebrew.

More details as they come in

djkus
January 29th, 2007, 20:51
The scene is getting hot :) Cant wait

Cap'n 1time
January 29th, 2007, 21:37
How similar is the Wii hardware in comparison to the GC? Can a open GC SDK be tweaked to support the Wii better?

Both the Wii and the GC have Power PC based processors. The GC clocking in at ~500mhz while the Wii clocks in supposedly at ~730 mhz.

Both the Wii and GC have ATI based GPU's (sort of).
The wii's GPU almost doubles the GC's in terms of clock speed.

My question is this. Will a Wii SDK mearly be a modified and/or tweaked GC SDK? Are there any projects for an open source wii sdk?

If this thing is supposed to load unsigned code that is of course only a tiny bit of the battle to run homebrew code on the Wii... GC emulators and what not are fun and all, but it is hardly taking advantage of the Wii's power or using the wii mote.. which i figure is something every homebrew coder is dreaming of doing.

Defx6669
January 29th, 2007, 22:11
Here is what we know so far about this chip:

- Quicksolder (no wires required)
- Plays Wii Backups
- Plays GC Backups
- Play GC Homebrew
- Play GC Imports (swap needed)
- Built-in Audiofix (GC games using streaming are working flawlessly, no patch needed)
- DVD-R / DVD+R support
- Optional chip disable wire
- Stealth even when chip is enabled
- Multi-purpose LED

The chip is supposed to be shipped by the end of the week, so in fact this may be the first "real" Modchip to reach the market!

It looks like a very pro and easy to install solution! We're not sure Wiinja has built-in audiofix, but this is definitely a must-have feature. Expect a review soon, including a video of the installation process!

The teams' website is launching soon at Teamcyclops.com

Details are taken from another site but i dont think wraggster wants it posted since he cut out the link part of the pic.

bandit
January 30th, 2007, 00:14
Damn, now I have to make another installer/reseller list?

wiinjana
January 30th, 2007, 05:18
MikeDX posted about my site http://www.wiinjanorthamerica.com

Just wanted to let you all know that I am a reseller for CycloWiz as well and my CycloWiz page can be found at http://www.CycloWiz.com

wiinjana
January 30th, 2007, 05:22
Damn, now I have to make another installer/reseller list?
hehe, you can include me in both sections :D

Cheers:rofl:

btw, wiinja also supports homebrew