PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 Downgrader Help Please!!!

Sonicboy 101
January 29th, 2007, 22:57
Hi everyone!:)
I have a problem. I have downloaded everything I need for the 3.03 downgrader. However, I am stuck. At one point, the help text says to copy the contents of MP.ROOT onto the memory stick. As a newbie I have no idea what to do. What exact files need copying and where on the memory stick do I put them? Can someone please help, as I am one step closer to 1.50.

bah
January 30th, 2007, 08:21
I'm guessing you mean step 6 from the readme:
"6 - Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader ZIP to the memory stick"

Extract the 3.03dg.zip
Open the folder it creates.
Inside that is a folder MS_ROOT, open that folder.

Inside there is a folder named 'psp', right click that and choose copy.

Connect your psp to your pc with a usb cable and put the psp in usb mode.
On your pc go to my computer and you will see the psp listed as 'Removable Disk(X:)'. X being whatever drive letter your pc assigns to the psp.
Right click that and choose paste.

Then continue with steps 7 onwards.

Sonicboy 101
January 30th, 2007, 15:29
Thanks a lot Bah! Now after I get my 1.50 eboot I can downgrade!:thumbup:
Are there any bricks yet? I want to know if this does downgrade, or brick.
By the way, what do you do with the SRC folder?

Yobumtin
January 30th, 2007, 20:45
I don't think there are any bricks. And if it does brick its usually because someone did something wrong. I think you're good to go. :] I did the downgrader with no problems and it seems a lot of people have done it successfully. :]

Don't worry about the SRC folder. You don't need to do anything with it.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 31st, 2007, 16:50
yeah, the dg is really stable, as is the OE-C upgrade. they both have a percent display of the progress, so it seems really safe.

splodger15
January 31st, 2007, 17:05
SRC folder is usually the sourcce code to the downgrader. Its mainly for coders

Sonicboy 101
February 2nd, 2007, 09:11
YES!! The downgrader worked great without problems. Thanks guys for helping me through my troubles! Custom firmware, here I come!