PDA

View Full Version : Orange Desert Online + Challenge

wraggster
January 30th, 2007, 01:43
New from Smealum (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2263&forum=38)

These are actually two different roms, but they are only one game.

The game is an FPS. The first one, Orange Desert Challenge features solo gameplay, whereas Orange Desert Online is an online multiplayer (max 4 players) game.
They both play in a very similar way. Actually, both use the same control-scheme and both give you the same goal which is to kill everyone with no mercy.

How to play the game :

- Use the stylus to aim
- Use the D-Pad or ABXY to move (D-Pad for righties and ABXY for lefties )
- Use R or L to shoot (same thing)
- That's pretty much it

The game has been entirely coded with libnds.
Graphics by Nhut, code by myself, Smealum.

Orange Desert Challenge

In this solo game, you have to kill everyone without dying yourself. There is a blue progress bar to see how many enemies you've killed. The game features a mini map on the bottom screen, as wel as a brand new health bar on the top screen
When you kill every enemy, you get a little reward

Orange Desert Online

Same gameplay and graphics as in Orange Desert Challenge. The only (though big) difference is that it's an online multiplayer game !
The game uses the wifi informations contained in the DS's firmware.
You don't need to set a server up to play it : a dedicated server runs 24/7 with 5 game rooms of 4 players
If there's a problem, like the server being down, be sure to contact me.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

nightvenom
March 26th, 2007, 00:49
Wow amazing! Great Game i havent tried the online one yet but im going to now :) are there going to be any weapons added to the game cuz that would add a lot more fun to the game as well has havening bosses.

swimmeringer
July 1st, 2007, 17:52
Hey, the server doesn't work.

error101290
July 1st, 2007, 18:38
great start, nice graphics this is a very promising project