PDA

View Full Version : New hi-res Prince of Persia Wii screens

wraggster
January 30th, 2007, 16:06
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156385)

As well as showing off the nice art style of the Prince of Persia games, these five new hi-res screens give a further insight into how the ninja Prince will be controlled using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

As you can work out in the images, the Prince's normal attacks are performed by slashing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk (the latter only when he has a weapon in each hand).

The screenshot that shows Dark Prince hanging from the ceiling strangling the enemy below with his lethal Daggertails is demonstrating the game's stealthy Speed Kills. Just get near an enemy without being noticed you and you can flick the Nunchuk downwards to execute the Speed Kill, which kills them instantly and saves you the hassle of a full-blown scrap.

Prince of Persia Rival Swords, coming to Wii on March 30, is a direct port of The Two Thrones, which previously released on PS2, Xbox and GameCube game in 2005. Yes, THAT long ago.

Screens Via Comments

hp1
January 31st, 2007, 08:33
Yaaaawwwn.......another port, not even of a next gen title but last gen, that has already been released on a nintendo platform, and wasnt even that great teh first time round. How much more lazy can developers get?

I'm not interested in ports of old games with hacked controls for the wii. I'm interested in games where developers and designers have actually THOUGHT about how to exploit the controller to the fullest.

I wont buy it or any other dull port.