PDA

View Full Version : WHAT? Super Mario War 1.7 released for PSP... A month ago?

ExcruciationX
January 30th, 2007, 17:31
Yes, you heard me correctly. I probably said the same thing you did when you read this.

In my regular internet travels, I stumbled upon Super Mario War 1.7 (http://forum.72dpiarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=1586) ported for PSP. Apparently, it's in BETA stages.

Heres all the info...

Super Mario War is a Super Mario multiplayer game.
The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game.
It's a tribute to Nintendo and the game Mario War by Samuele Poletto.

The game uses artwork and sounds from Nintendo games. We hope that this noncommercial fangame qualifies as fair use work. We just wanted to create this game to show how much we adore Nintendo's characters and games.

Features:
- Up to four players deathmatch fun
- a whole bunch of game modes (featuring GetTheChicken, Domination, CTF, ...)
- Comes with the leveleditor - you can create your own maps...
- ... and a lot of people did so. There are currently over 1000 maps
- More fun than poking a monkey with a stick
- The whole source code of the game is available
- uses SDL and is fully portable to windows, linux, mac, ...
- CPU Players
- will make you happy and gives you a fuzzy feeling

Developers:
- Michael Schaffer
- Florian Hufsky
- An incredible ammount of contributors

Whats new:

Well, it is finally done! There aren't too many differences between RC2 and the final, mainly bug fixes, a few more maps and skins and sgraff87's complete gfx overhaul. It looks fantastic!

http://members.chello.nl/s.chung/smw/screenshot.png
Download and Give Feedback, Via Comments

Yobumtin
January 30th, 2007, 17:40
Alrigggght :] Definitely one of my favorite homebrew games. If anyone's wondering what's new in this version there's bug fixes, a few new maps, a few new skins. That info is taken off the official SMW site http://smw.72dpiarmy.com/

ExcruciationX
January 30th, 2007, 17:53
It crashes moderately.

There are some neat features in this release, I like how you set the bot skill level! They seem to be smarter too!

Hopefully the author will fix some of the bugs I'm getting.

mavsman4457
January 30th, 2007, 20:11
This game is one of the best homebrew games out there and can keep my friends and brother happy for a long long time.

ExcruciationX
January 30th, 2007, 20:38
It's evern awesomer then the last one! :)
It seems more fast paced, and action packed then the first one.

Cloud_35
January 30th, 2007, 21:38
A MONTH AGO?????

heh, whatever, we got it here :D. Would be great to have a PSP Nethack update, but................

guess life's not easy :)

ppo
January 30th, 2007, 21:52
looks cool getin it naw.

Jpdeathblade
January 30th, 2007, 22:36
Yea this game wasnt written for the psp, belive it or not. It was made for pc, mac, and xbox. So other gamer has taken the scource and ported it (so the origanaly author didnt actualy do anything for it =P)

Anyway, Xp Max, keeping with our modding ways, are going to make a mod of this game labbled Mini Wars. We will make a new tile set, anouncers, tons of sprites (including halo people from SMH, and the other super minis we will make eventualy) and maybe a few custom maps =P So yea..... MW secret reveiled after 3 months of planning and waiting for the new version =P (I was going to port it too but someone beat me to it...)

Torak
January 30th, 2007, 23:15
Whaa? Ah well at least we know! Hehe cant wait to brake this baby in.

chrisdv98
January 31st, 2007, 00:27
Am i right to think that this lacks multiplayer still?

I absolutely adore this game as do my brothers and we are still waiting patiently for a multiplayer version.

Maybe someone can contact the authors and find out if its still in the pipeline or if its simply impossible?

PawnOshadowProphecy
January 31st, 2007, 07:07
Yea this game wasnt written for the psp, belive it or not. It was made for pc, mac, and xbox. So other gamer has taken the scource and ported it (so the origanaly author didnt actualy do anything for it =P)

and that is PERCIVAL AND TEAM AT PSP3d that ported the game too the psp! ;) i moded the hell out that engine...made over 50 characters!

MY SMW SKINS ARE ALL COMPATABLE ;) google vettacossx smw skins
street fighters,dbz,cartoons,xmen,aqua teen tons of charachters ive done as vettacossx ;)

heres one ive still got in my archives for ya i think i added toad and yoshi to the game in those skins too maybe courage the cowardly dog or akuma even ive made so many its hard to say well a big thanks to the barer of this good news and thanks to percival and team for porting this to the psp originally! its a personal fav for me! ;)

titch.ryan
January 31st, 2007, 07:54
wow a new version shame there is a few bugs because the old version is amazing.

ExcruciationX
January 31st, 2007, 08:13

and that is PERCIVAL AND TEAM AT PSP3d that ported the game too the psp! ;) i moded the hell out that engine...made over 50 characters!

MY SMW SKINS ARE ALL COMPATABLE ;) google vettacossx smw skins
street fighters,dbz,cartoons,xmen,aqua teen tons of charachters ive done as vettacossx ;)

heres one ive still got in my archives for ya i think i added toad and yoshi to the game in those skins too maybe courage the cowardly dog or akuma even ive made so many its hard to say well a big thanks to the barer of this good news and thanks to percival and team for porting this to the psp originally! its a personal fav for me! ;)
WHAT THE HELL???

Your VettacossX! I thought you left for good!

PawnOshadowProphecy
January 31st, 2007, 18:15
lol i reside at ZionMax mosyley and i did stop moddding for about 4 months. i was getting some serious junk mails and bombardments from a few QJ.net youngsters and i had to format! :( so i was a bit pissed bro! but after some pc upgradingand a change in e-mail im a LOT lessed stressed out bro ;) and ive been ACTIVE at zionmax this whole time as vetta x i just use a alious here and at QJ because as you know im a red head and i have a habbit of saying how i feel and ive got some serious bias toward the people who cant seem to respect us contributers enough to not BLOW UP OUR MAILBOX for there own selfish reasons :( this is just a hobby and i was happy people liked HALO DUNGEONS but at the same time i didnt expect so much headache from it ether.....of course ive never abandoned even one project i have finished every single project ive started....thats more than most can say ;) so i just dont see what more people can want from one guy!! im just a user too!!! lol ;) yes folks the angry lil red head is human 2 lol....i get stressed :(

however aside from all my bitching ;) the good outways the bad with friends like jmanummkay,shadow prophet,mr.nick666,dawd
(aka don at zionmax) gizmo,destroyer,Zion,pspdemon,dobbermann,arguru,bo b1919,mystery,hungry horace,ninja,splodger, and probly a billion other gr8 friends here in the scene most people look up to the coders and devs ;) vetta looks up to the more respectfull , involved, and active users that ive become such good friends with.....thats what i find rewarding the friends i make im not so fame hungry ( besides no one has made more mods than me yet :D who do i compete with! lol ;) other than my buddy demon whos quality far surpasses my QUANITY ;) LOL) i mean its funny but nearley none of my mods were MY IDEA"S but request from users of an engine that could use a lil REPLAY VALUE and THAT is why vetta is here to stay......because regardless of the 10-13 year olds who come download your games then leave you a negitive rude comment that bears no effect on the proggress of said game ;) IM IN THIS TO CREATE REPLAY VALUE FOR OUR FAV HOMEBREW ENGINES! bottom line DJMNV MODS will always be lurcking around the scene with other developers aon sites with TONS of devs like ourselfs @ ZionMax where devs mingle :)

ExcruciationX
January 31st, 2007, 19:31
lol i reside at ZionMax mosyley and i did stop moddding for about 4 months. i was getting some serious junk mails and bombardments from a few QJ.net youngsters and i had to format! :( so i was a bit pissed bro! but after some pc upgradingand a change in e-mail im a LOT lessed stressed out bro ;) and ive been ACTIVE at zionmax this whole time as vetta x i just use a alious here and at QJ because as you know im a red head and i have a habbit of saying how i feel and ive got some serious bias toward the people who cant seem to respect us contributers enough to not BLOW UP OUR MAILBOX for there own selfish reasons :( this is just a hobby and i was happy people liked HALO DUNGEONS but at the same time i didnt expect so much headache from it ether.....of course ive never abandoned even one project i have finished every single project ive started....thats more than most can say ;) so i just dont see what more people can want from one guy!! im just a user too!!! lol ;) yes folks the angry lil red head is human 2 lol....i get stressed :(

however aside from all my bitching ;) the good outways the bad with friends like jmanummkay,shadow prophet,mr.nick666,dawd
(aka don at zionmax) gizmo,destroyer,Zion,pspdemon,dobbermann,arguru,bo b1919,mystery,hungry horace,ninja,splodger, and probly a billion other gr8 friends here in the scene most people look up to the coders and devs ;) vetta looks up to the more respectfull , involved, and active users that ive become such good friends with.....thats what i find rewarding the friends i make im not so fame hungry ( besides no one has made more mods than me yet :D who do i compete with! lol ;) other than my buddy demon whos quality far surpasses my QUANITY ;) LOL) i mean its funny but nearley none of my mods were MY IDEA"S but request from users of an engine that could use a lil REPLAY VALUE and THAT is why vetta is here to stay......because regardless of the 10-13 year olds who come download your games then leave you a negitive rude comment that bears no effect on the proggress of said game ;) IM IN THIS TO CREATE REPLAY VALUE FOR OUR FAV HOMEBREW ENGINES! bottom line DJMNV MODS will always be lurcking around the scene with other developers aon sites with TONS of devs like ourselfs @ ZionMax where devs mingle :)
So why don't you just request the "VettacossX" account un-banned? People would know who you where then.

SpooForBrains
January 31st, 2007, 19:52

My good lord Jesus Christ did you take a breath through all of that?! That's some serious stream of consciousness right there :)

ExcruciationX
January 31st, 2007, 21:00
My good lord Jesus Christ did you take a breath through all of that?! That's some serious stream of consciousness right there :)
No, he never does.

PawnOshadowProphecy
February 1st, 2007, 02:49
So why don't you just request the "VettacossX" account un-banned? People would know who you where then.

simple question simple answer....the people who know me already DID know...lol they are at ZionMax working on there projects too ;) lol

ooops...didnt mean to rant guess a lil Shadow Prophet's influence will go a long way toward ranting....but alas shadow prophet will always be the rant master and i the lowley padawon ;) lol
SP your brother from another mother :D

now for another lil rant
well too be honest id rather not be too active over here its not such a positive enviroment for me it doesnt take much to get drama started here so since my band was lifted on vettacossx i havent cared too log in its a long story id rather leave in the past i was an asshole and i feel the other person was too but hey lett the past stay in the past. <--period just for you;)...for everyones sake and for all intensive purposes i am a modder for zion max,so i wouldnt want to have a misleading title ;) .... I mean im just a user when i come too DCemu unless the powers that be decide to post one of my mods like HALO DUNGEONS( currently being updated) then i might consider using my anciant account but anyways.i prefer to be a user over here at our sister site DCemu.....end rant ;) sorry if my decision upsets anyone :( i only really have one friend here thats not @ ZionMax anyway and thats Shadow Prophet HENSE MY NAME HERE :O and he is in the wii forums most of the time now days:P

ExcruciationX
February 1st, 2007, 03:27
simple question simple answer....the people who know me already DID know...lol they are at ZionMax working on there projects too ;) lol

ooops...didnt mean to rant guess a lil Shadow Prophet's influence will go a long way toward ranting....but alas shadow prophet will always be the rant master and i the lowley padawon ;) lol :D

well too be honest id rather not be too active over here its not such a positive enviroment for me it doesnt take much to get drama started here so since my band was lifted on vettacossx i havent cared too log in its a long story id rather leave in the past i was an asshole and i feel the other person was too but hey lett the past stay in the past. <--period just for you;)...for everyones sake and for all intensive purposes i am a modder for zion max,so i wouldnt want to have a misleading title ;) .... I mean im just a user when i come too DCemu unless the powers that be decide to post one of my mods like HALO DUNGEONS( currently being updated) then i might consider using my anciant account but anyways.i prefer to be a user over here at our sister site DCemu.....end rant ;) sorry if my decision upsets anyone :( i only really have one friend here thats not @ ZionMax anyway and thats Shadow Prophet HENSE MY NAME HERE :O and he is in the wii forums most of the time now days:P
WHAT ABOUT ME?
Nah, just kiddng. :p

Well, it was great hearing from you. Most people I know, were kind of sad when you... er... left.

I doubt you know who I am. Do you remember a guy named "Faith" on these forums? He would post occasionally? Well, that's me.

F9zDark
February 1st, 2007, 03:39
You were banned? wtf for? Don't be a stranger man :)

Does this game support multiple characters or will I have erase over the old ones?

ExcruciationX
February 2nd, 2007, 19:29
You were banned? wtf for? Don't be a stranger man :)

Does this game support multiple characters or will I have erase over the old ones?
I really don't know...

dejkirkby
February 2nd, 2007, 19:53
You could always sign up at www.zionmax.com

mr_nick666
February 2nd, 2007, 20:49
You could always sign up at www.zionmax.com (http://www.zionmax.com)

You get to talk to great people like us in a friendly and relaxed community! :thumbup:

Back on topic...

This game is possibly the finest homebrew made for the PSP and its never left my memory stick since the day I stumbled accross it! :p (I didnt stumble accross my memory stick... I new where THAT was! :rolleyes:)

VETTACOSSX is a LEGEND! (Bow down before his modding glory!) :cool:

F9zDark
February 3rd, 2007, 05:25
This game is addicting... Its been the only game on my PSP that I have been playing lately lol.

But any word on installing new characters? Do I need to overwrite the old ones or can I just put them on there and have it work?

ExcruciationX
February 3rd, 2007, 12:38
I don't know about that either...

rtupas
February 8th, 2007, 09:08
Stupid question, but how do I change the characters the computer uses?

Im tired of playing against the same old mario skins(I have a ton of different ones that I can use but have no idea how to change bot skins), and how the hell do I switch teams?

Im ALSO tired of being red!

sjallarkansfäber
March 11th, 2007, 17:36
No, It wont work!

Ushrufp
March 11th, 2007, 17:50
does any one have GBA thelastseal if you do could you help me or send me a walk through at [email protected]

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 20:52
this is great

Rhombus
April 1st, 2007, 03:03
Wow! This is awsome, and the ports are quite good. And the world creater sent it over the edge!

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 03:12
oh cool I love this game

Hyper-Beaner
July 3rd, 2007, 21:51
Where do I acess the Level Maker?

synthetic_h8
June 30th, 2008, 07:46
OMG YES YES YES
i cannot stress enough how great this game is! my friends and i used to play it for hours on his modded xbox. but from what ive read here, no multiplayer. makes me wanna burn down my house, and play SMW . . . alone.

synthetic_h8
July 2nd, 2008, 06:19
i can't seem to get it to work. i'm running 3.71 m33-4 and i've tried everything. it just goes back to XMB after i start it.

downloaddownload
November 20th, 2008, 08:25
i can't seem to get it to work. i'm running 3.71 m33-4 and i've tried everything. it just goes back to XMB after i start it.

Me too... it doesnt seem to work on that firmware. It blacks out and never launches... then the PSP turns off.

tachyon
November 20th, 2008, 10:14
Me too... it doesnt seem to work on that firmware. It blacks out and never launches... then the PSP turns off.
It runs under 5.00m33_3 using eLoader 1.0.

freestile
March 26th, 2009, 22:12
I'm trying to install the super mario wars v1.7 for psp on cfw 5.00m33-6. For some reason I cant get it going. When I extract the rar it has 2 folders. smw and smw%. I dont know what to do with these two folders or where to install what. I know they go in one of my game folders, but I dont know which. When I load em up I get one that looks like the intro screen for the game and one that says its corrupted. When I try to start the game I get one of the802xxxxx error codes. They both have eboots in them of different sizes. All my other homebrew works fine and I have had no problems up until now. Can someone tell me what to do please?? Theres always two files with one being corrupt and one showing the preview of the game but it doesnt load up and gives me one of those game could not start error. Just wanna get this going now. I'm thinking it should be something simple since everything else works. Any light on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Free

Nokiaman
March 27th, 2009, 20:06
It is for stupid Kernel 1.5 :(

freestile
March 29th, 2009, 04:46
I got it installed. AFter I installed the 150kaddon for 5.00m33 it worked with no problem.

Nokiaman
March 29th, 2009, 10:05
How do I recognize if I have 1.5 Kernel addon?I have something like that in Recovery menu

freestile
March 29th, 2009, 22:25
Hey Nokiaman I'm not sure on that. Mine had still said kernel 1.50 and then 5.xxx in the recovery menu before I intalled the 150kaddon. Once I installed that the stuff that I had downloaded that wasnt working before started working fine. Just make sure its enabled in the recovery menu, and chances are if you do have it in the recovery menu and its still not working, u might have to install the latest kernel addon like I did, and than it might work for you.

Shuffle21
April 8th, 2009, 21:02
wow, hope this works...

thedevilz123
March 28th, 2014, 11:02
thanks