PDA

View Full Version : Punch-Out!! All But Confirmed for Wii

wraggster
January 30th, 2007, 23:23
via nphiles (http://www.n-philes.com/index.php?id=3299)

“Punch-Out!!” has once again been trademarked through the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Nintendo filed the trademark on April 1, 2005 for service under “electronic game discs.” The status of the name is active as recent as January 11, 2007.

The game has not officially been confirmed. However, recent reports from IGN hinted at possible Nintendo franchises being reborn on Wii. If in fact a Punch-Out!! title is coming, the game could theoretically have been in development since its 2005 filing date.

Punch-Out!! is a highly characterized boxing title where you control Little Mac, a tiny but gutsy Bronx competitor, on his way to becoming champion of the World Video Boxing Association. The franchise has long been cherished by boxing and gaming enthusiasts for its simple, intuitive and challenging gameplay. If the title is confirmed, one must wonder whether Little Mac will make his much anticipated debut in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

pkmusicmaker
January 30th, 2007, 23:36
I'm pretty sure that would be a Virtual Console title, nothing new. However, if they make a new Punch-Out I'll be ecstatic.

Junixx
January 31st, 2007, 02:08
I loved Punch Out on NES, I don't see why it wouldn't be revived on Wii, I mean look at boxing on Wii sports :D