PDA

View Full Version : Konami’s PSP shooter collections in videos

wraggster
January 31st, 2007, 00:21
via siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/01/30/konamis-psp-shooter-collections-in-videos/)

Last week Konami released three more shoot ‘em compilations in Japan. You can pick up Twinbee Portable, Salamander Portable and Parodius Portable (<- favorite!) for around 3000 yen a piece. Even though Gradius Portable didn’t make it I hope (wish?) that Konami gives these three collections a shot in the USA. It’s probably not going to happen, it’s way more likely we’re going to see Dance Dance Revolution: So you think you can dance edition first. Anyway here are some videos of the three games.

Videos via link above

Nashxyzz
January 31st, 2007, 04:18
I've got the gradius collection in front of me. I bought the day it came out in the US. 06/07/06

Baboon
January 31st, 2007, 08:57
The Parodius collection is looking rather tasty. :)

The humour on these shoot-em-ups is well funny... lets hope we see a release in the UK??

Vega
January 31st, 2007, 14:34
im with you baboon, Parodius is very tasty. hope it gets a uk release.

Baboon
January 31st, 2007, 15:09
im with you baboon, Parodius is very tasty. hope it gets a uk release.

This is a game I would have pre-ordered via Lik Sang before $ony decided to shut em down. :( ...I reckon I might have to trawl through ebay now instead to see if I can import it and pick it up for cheap.

Any game that’s got killer cats and penguins as bosses is worthy of purchasing! :thumbup:

Nashxyzz
January 31st, 2007, 18:01
I don't think the US will get these collections. Gradius, I think, didn't do very well in the states. I hope they will but you never know. I got all 3 collections so I'm not one that gonna have to hold my breath if they don't decide too.

Veskgar
February 1st, 2007, 16:29
I don't think the US will get these collections.

For those who don't want to wait and hope, go ahead and get the Japanese versions. They will play on any PSP and there is very little, if any Japanese text to interfere with gameplay.

I love SHMUPS and will make sure I get all of these great compilations.