PDA

View Full Version : PVC (PSP Video Converter) for Mac OS X

wraggster
January 31st, 2007, 00:34
New release from dafloyd:

Hi there,

I will take the opportunity to release a small application with my 1st post in this Forum.:

PVC - Psp Video Converter

Converts movies to be watched on PSP FW 3.03 (Movie Madness) by DA.

basically it is just a GUI for ffmpeg. A Universal build of ffmpeg is included in the Application.

3 Video bitrates and 3 audio bitrates predefined.

currently only 1pass encoding, in my opinion we can't see the difference between 1pass and 2pass encoding on a screen size like the PSP ones.

It's a Universal binary, but because I don't have any PPC Mac anymore, I have no chance to test it on a PPC box.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via dafloyd (Hi there,)

Chrice
January 31st, 2007, 01:12
Program works fine on PPC running 10.4.8 but the video doesnt play on my psp.

I may be doing something stupid. Im running 3.03OE-C and putting it in the video folder on the root of my memory stick.

Narles
January 31st, 2007, 02:57
I'm having the same issue. The app converts fine but when I try to play it on my PSP it says that it is an incompatible format and can't be played. I'm putting the video file and thumbnail in the VIDEO folder at the root of my PSP memory stick.

yudonomi
January 31st, 2007, 05:34
Good idea in principle.

1. You can keep Mac OS X's Console.app open while you're using this. You get informative logging of ffmpeg's events and errors.
2. Encoding failed for me if the source material had anything other than 2-channel stereo:

Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.Can't resample. Aborting.

3. I'd rather see the app layout use regular sized controls on a regular system window background. The picture of the PSP is distracting, as it adds a dozen more non-functional buttons and indicators.

4. Other encoder shells for ffmpeg (like ffmpegX) use more informative progress bars. Indeterminate progress bars are okay for short clips, but not really for movie-length files.

Good first effort, though. Keep at it!

Chrice
January 31st, 2007, 12:27
Has anyone managed to convert full screen video in any program for 3.03OE?

howie
January 31st, 2007, 16:52
? on Mac OS? Mac the Ripper and Instant Handbrake seems to work for me now.
Taking screen grabs and converting them to 160 x 120 jpegs (with a .THM extension) works nicely as an icon.

I'm using 3.03OE c.

Chrice
January 31st, 2007, 20:09
? on Mac OS? Mac the Ripper and Instant Handbrake seems to work for me now.
Taking screen grabs and converting them to 160 x 120 jpegs (with a .THM extension) works nicely as an icon.

I'm using 3.03OE c.

They only convert DVDs, im looking for straight file conversion, though wasnt away they supported true full-screen may have to check that out

patrickbenton
February 1st, 2007, 03:58
It worked perfect for me and the 480x272 video looked great on my PSP.

BTW, you will need to put the video file and thumb in:

/MP_ROOT/101ANV01/

Do NOT put it in /VIDEO

Chrice
February 1st, 2007, 13:45
Still not working for me, its not recognising that theres video there

February 7th, 2007, 15:05
HeY. Your efforts are appreciated, BUT..........BUT I am having problems. Using A PPC G5 IMAC, for some reason, all DVDs i decrypt come out at only 688 kbps, not the maximum 768. Everything else is perfect, except that with this flaw, movies are out of sync and a little choppy. This was the case with my trial run with Star wars II. Also, with other general clips, it says it's encoded, but it looks the same to me. dafloyd, you are our only hope!!! Please don't give up!! The world is counting on you.!!!!