PDA

View Full Version : *REAL* Psardumper for fw 3.10 from Team C & D

Emeriastone
January 31st, 2007, 04:25
Team C & D have already readied their Psardumper for the 3.10 firmware version.

Note that this isn't a fake, I've tested it and its 100% real unlike the fake yesterday.
Get the 3.10 US firmware from your update icon.

Further instructions.

1. Download both firmware 3.10 and the New Psardumper.

2. Put the psar_dump2 and psar_dump2% into your game or game150 folder.

3. Use PBP Unpacker to extract the fw 3.10 DATA.PSAR to the root of your memory stick.

4. Run the dumper. You should have no errors

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

SnoopKatt
January 31st, 2007, 06:48
Glad to see a real dumper :)

the_eternal_dark
January 31st, 2007, 07:12
The other was a real dumper, it just had a fake fw to work with.

This thing works quickly, btw.

702egold
January 31st, 2007, 07:12
Wow!! These guys are fast. Custom firmware update coming soon. Great work guys. Sony cant make it a day without an update being dumped.

the_eternal_dark
January 31st, 2007, 07:15
DAX said a new fw should be available within a week. Maybe sooner.

scarph
January 31st, 2007, 07:22
I'm gonna take a look at the emu. If some idiot has already updated and has access to ps3, itd be real great if they could buy a new game and send it to me.

pm me

Zin0099
January 31st, 2007, 07:36
what does this thing do

michael_dack_2005
January 31st, 2007, 08:24
It just shows how desperate sony were of blocking the downgrader, lets just see how badly it was patche this time, i guess

bad

Sony..:rofl: :rofl: ... just give up, u aint eber gonna win

-Xandu-
January 31st, 2007, 08:44
What? More security that'll be cracked a day later?

Yep, just like what I said ;).

Mew
January 31st, 2007, 08:58
poor sony.. :(

M Dash
January 31st, 2007, 10:26
loool... well.... now all we have to do is wait until FW 3.10 OE beeing released... looool :P

froggie22
January 31st, 2007, 11:24
were do i get the eboot unpacker from? can someone link me

KuLeD00d
January 31st, 2007, 11:40
Just out of curiousity.
Now that we can dump the PSAR from 3.10 does that not then mean we can investigate how patched the GTA glitch is and presumably work a way around it?

ppo
January 31st, 2007, 12:45
wating for 3.10 oe-a.

off topic: dose any one know why $ony included a ir port in the psp?

Jmax
January 31st, 2007, 13:15
What exactly does this Psar dumper do?

Tinnus
January 31st, 2007, 13:33
Dumps the firmware files from the DATA.PSAR included in the UPDATE.PBP of firmware 3.10.

blackrave
January 31st, 2007, 15:14
Simply amazing work. :)
Can't wait to see what comes out of this, although the new features are few.

Zargon
January 31st, 2007, 15:42
off topic: dose any one know why $ony included a ir port in the psp?

Your right, that is off topic. It was put on there so it could interact with certain cell phones, but tI don't think they ever actually made anything that makes use of it, even interaction with that cell phone:rolleyes:.

BTW, this link is for PBP Unpacker. Sorry I couldn't find it on DCEmu (http://dl.qj.net/PBP-Unpacker-v0.94-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/8808/catid/192)

Boardman2411
January 31st, 2007, 15:59
im downloading the 3.10 and 1.50 updates now, so i dont get caught up when 3.10OE is released and evryone is downloading the updates then

gr42178
January 31st, 2007, 15:59
Unbelievabley fast as usual. Does anyone know if the PS1 emu in version 3.10 has been improved?

tophead420
January 31st, 2007, 16:04
Wow great work guys looks as if things like this get released so fast it makes sonys head spin. Well i hope to see a new custom firmware, cant wait well keep up the work guys.

pt9087
January 31st, 2007, 16:05
It will get hacked, we will have to wait a bit tho

Method Man
January 31st, 2007, 17:50
DAX said a new fw should be available within a week. Maybe sooner.

knowing DAX the release should be within 3 days - DAX is fast

do ya remember the jurasic park 1 where the t-rex chased the jeep? in real DAX chased the T-Rex AND the jeep! :rofl:
DarkAleX is king

maccaTkid
January 31st, 2007, 20:14
hi im new at this lol , iv got version 3.10 , and just downloaded psardump3.rar but wat do i do after that , someone please help lol

Shrygue
January 31st, 2007, 20:42
Ah good, an updated PSAR dumper. I'll download this now...

Now let's see if Booster will update Device Hook to emulate firmware version 3.10.

maccaTkid
January 31st, 2007, 20:43
is there a 3.10 diwngrader

Veskgar
January 31st, 2007, 20:44
Unbelievabley fast as usual. Does anyone know if the PS1 emu in version 3.10 has been improved?

Well the list of changes does say support for more PLAYSTATION Network titles has been extended. So whatever improvements SONY made to the pops EMU, should also rub off on some other games that we convert ourselves.

Some games could also be negatively however when using 3.10 pops. SO what I am hoping is a plugin to allow the option to turn on/off different versions of pops.

If a 3.10 OE-A firmware is being worked on, it would be great if we could still use 3.02 & 3.03 pops if needed.

gr42178
January 31st, 2007, 20:51
Well the list of changes does say support for more PLAYSTATION Network titles has been extended. So whatever improvements SONY made to the pops EMU, should also rub off on some other games that we convert ourselves.

Some games could also be negatively however when using 3.10 pops. SO what I am hoping is a plugin to allow the option to turn on/off different versions of pops.

If a 3.10 OE-A firmware is being worked on, it would be great if we could still use 3.02 & 3.03 pops if needed.

There will probably be a plugin, I am on 3.03 and still use the 3.02 pops plugin. Hopefully the compatibility will be better in 3.10.

F9zDark
January 31st, 2007, 20:51
I am really beginning to wonder if Sony feels as bad about the hackers as we think. Really, think about it. How many PSPs do you think the entire hacking population goes through in the course of their work and research?

Probably enough PSPs to make Sony happy in the end, because lets face it, if Sony REALLY wanted to end homebrew, they could. This is all a game to them, I feel, and they are just egging us on.

And honestly it makes sense. Sony could never officially embrace a 3rd party homebrew scene, not without plenty of safe guards in place. And they could never embrace use now that we have UMD dumping and ISO loading to a science. But they did embrace homebrew on the PS2 and are setting it up on the PS3.

This is probably their way of keeping the hackers going, yet, keeping the companies that develop for them happy. Because lets face it, if Sony admitted defeat and just stopped with the firmware updates, this scene would have died long ago.

crypysmoker
January 31st, 2007, 20:53
ok, for anyone who is just getting this I did a lilk research. I got the dumper last night when Fanjita was on *another site where hes a mod * The only thing actully patched for GTA was the KErnal exploit that sony allready knew about. The new/old GTA exploit for user mode is actully still there just hissen under a few other things. BUt as u know, know user mode, no kernal exploit.

Anyway, the pops.prx actully is much different. it seems as though sont is going to be releaseing some games soon that will take a lot more power to play perfectly, but none of the new glitches (FF7 battle swirls) have been fixed.

Fanjita and MUlleija (spelling) and DAX have been working on it since yesterday and are very close to a few things.

its gonna be great to have a few of these new things in a custom firmware, but unfourtunatly any flashing program made for 3.03-oe WILL NOT WORK on 3.10-oe if it is made because the entire outline of the firmware and file system has been changed once again.

SCREW YOU SONY, you will never win

F9zDark
January 31st, 2007, 20:55

Interesting you should say that. If plugins are enabled at boot, then using Popstation PRXes from 3.10 should, in essence, boot after the flash ones and give us the compatibility of it without breaking anything.

If thats the case, then we won't need to wait around for an updated custom firmware.

wiredforpower
January 31st, 2007, 21:41
3.10 can run homebrew?

wars
January 31st, 2007, 21:46
Lol love that last post, Funny.....

wars
January 31st, 2007, 21:55
Sorry, I should have answered your question, no not yet, you have to wait for DAX to modify it now its dumpable so it becomes 3.10 OE_A

wars
January 31st, 2007, 21:55
Forgot to add, don't upgrade to it yet!

wiredforpower
January 31st, 2007, 21:59
Sorry, I should have answered your question, no not yet, you have to wait for DAX to modify it now its dumpable so it becomes 3.10 OE_A

lol. sorry, I'm tired today. I didnt realize what a stupid question that was.

wars
January 31st, 2007, 22:04
That's alright, everyone's allowed to be tired! At least you didn't upgrade and then ask....

KuLeD00d
January 31st, 2007, 22:26
The only thing actully patched for GTA was the KErnal exploit that sony allready knew about. The new/old GTA exploit for user mode is actully still there just hissen under a few other things. BUt as u know, know user mode, no kernal exploit.

So hang on. your effectively saying that they patched almost nothing to do with GTA and that with a little prying we could break it open again?

Basil Zero
January 31st, 2007, 23:43
sony should just accept it and let people do whatever they want on the psp, who cares if we can play SNES and GBA games, sony's not suffering from that

but about the others....that i can agree upon.

acn010
February 1st, 2007, 00:18
theres a new version?

Emeriastone
February 1st, 2007, 00:19
It also possible that without homebrew, the PSP would be a failing console and therefore keep people from buying it. Don't quote me on this, but it would seem that allowing for the slight possibility of being hacked keeps the system alive, and keeps Sony in business. Effectively, Sony pretends to do what they can to squash homebrew, and at the same time let the little things slip to keep the consumer's interest in the product.

At the same time ISO loading is a big problem, but I do have to wonder how much money Sony loses because of it.

scarph
February 1st, 2007, 01:49
sony...not losing anything
only game developers

however game developers could pull out of sony's console, that would hurt them

F9zDark
February 1st, 2007, 02:07
It also possible that without homebrew, the PSP would be a failing console and therefore keep people from buying it. Don't quote me on this, but it would seem that allowing for the slight possibility of being hacked keeps the system alive, and keeps Sony in business. Effectively, Sony pretends to do what they can to squash homebrew, and at the same time let the little things slip to keep the consumer's interest in the product.

At the same time ISO loading is a big problem, but I do have to wonder how much money Sony loses because of it.

One of the real reasons why I believe this is because 1.0 PSPs. The Japan launch PSPs shipped WITHOUT AES encryption enabled; even though all games had it.

Why would Sony have convieniently left that out if it was designed to protect the system in the first place? Well, to be honest, its almost TOO big an oversight to have been unintentional...

Something like the 1.5 hack, where it was merely a 'bug' is one thing. But to have completely left out the encryption technology, even though the games were using it?

And as I said, if homebrew was really a burden to Sony, they would have ended it; especially now that we have Custom Firmware (which is in direct violation of the EULA; since we 1)Reverse engineer the firmware and 2)Modify it without consent).

If ever Sony had a reason to shut down homebrew legally, they certainly have it now. And judging how easily they shut down Lik Sang, its certainly up their sleeve to do the same PSP homebrewers.

Emeriastone
February 1st, 2007, 02:48
One of the real reasons why I believe this is because 1.0 PSPs. The Japan launch PSPs shipped WITHOUT AES encryption enabled; even though all games had it.

Why would Sony have convieniently left that out if it was designed to protect the system in the first place? Well, to be honest, its almost TOO big an oversight to have been unintentional...

Something like the 1.5 hack, where it was merely a 'bug' is one thing. But to have completely left out the encryption technology, even though the games were using it?

And as I said, if homebrew was really a burden to Sony, they would have ended it; especially now that we have Custom Firmware (which is in direct violation of the EULA; since we 1)Reverse engineer the firmware and 2)Modify it without consent).

If ever Sony had a reason to shut down homebrew legally, they certainly have it now. And judging how easily they shut down Lik Sang, its certainly up their sleeve to do the same PSP homebrewers.

No kidding. If they were really hurting, we would know about it. Sony would put a definite end to homebrew. There would be little anyone could do.

DarthPaul
February 1st, 2007, 03:11
I am really beginning to wonder if Sony feels as bad about the hackers as we think. Really, think about it. How many PSPs do you think the entire hacking population goes through in the course of their work and research?

Probably enough PSPs to make Sony happy in the end, because lets face it, if Sony REALLY wanted to end homebrew, they could. This is all a game to them, I feel, and they are just egging us on.

And honestly it makes sense. Sony could never officially embrace a 3rd party homebrew scene, not without plenty of safe guards in place. And they could never embrace use now that we have UMD dumping and ISO loading to a science. But they did embrace homebrew on the PS2 and are setting it up on the PS3.

This is probably their way of keeping the hackers going, yet, keeping the companies that develop for them happy. Because lets face it, if Sony admitted defeat and just stopped with the firmware updates, this scene would have died long ago.

This is HOW WE(TRUE PSP LOVERS) TALK!!!

aries2k4
February 1st, 2007, 13:45
I´m starting to agree. Sony must be playing both sides.

Veskgar
February 1st, 2007, 16:20
I´m starting to agree. Sony must be playing both sides.

That's certainly an interesting idea. There is almost certainly a number of SONY employees enjoying some of the homebrew benefits on their PSP.

It matters largely on whether economy of scale has kicked in on the manufacturing of the PSP. Sony at first was taking a hit on every PSP manufactured, relying on UMD Video & Game sales. When it comes to the CORE PSP package, EOS may have finally turned a profit. Its $199.99 but includes NOTHING other than the PSP, regular battery, and AC adapter. There is no headphones, UMD disc, wrist strap, padded case, etc. NOTHING. You don't even get a 32MB memory stick.

I bought my 2nd PSP strictly for homebrew. A lot of people buy PSP's strictly for homebrew. But not as many as we think. Most people have no idea of the full potential of homebrew. And the people that have heard about homebrew are scared by hearing about bricks.

The employees of retail stores like Best Buy, GameStop, etc. either don't seem to know much about homebrew or pretend to not know.

We seem bigger because this site and others are aimed specifically towards homebrew and we are spread out globally. But in reality, unfortunately I don't think homebrew has caught on to the mainstream.

But its nice to have this sort of "underground" community. That's exactly where SONY wants us to stay also, UNDERGROUND.

But there have been several references to our "underground" scene in many mainstream media outlets like IGN, PSM Magazine, EDGE magazine, and others.