PDA

View Full Version : Neo4all Beta2 Fixed

chui
April 11th, 2005, 22:26
Fixed, tested and updated. New fixed version has same features as the post below.

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/screenshots/neo4all/neocd2.png

Download again, please. (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.shtml)

Also, source code download: Neo4all Homepage (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.shtml)

Chui and DCEmu UK apologise to those who burnt cds on the previously broken release.

Pavlik
April 11th, 2005, 23:19
We just not saw that not working bin was tooo smal - 512kb :P

Zherae
April 11th, 2005, 23:34
The Metal Slugs run great! Specially sound wise, speed wise a bit of slowdown here and there but nothing too bad. Iron Clad has lots of issues with sound.

M@jk
April 12th, 2005, 08:39
Great release, completly new menu with sound effects and music (!)
Metal Slug runs great, but with bilinear filtering has a slowdowns.
Also tested Samarui Shodown, works fine.

chui
April 12th, 2005, 09:44
Yes, right, filtering slow down, sorry i have a bug (use PVR_FILTER 1 instead 2). i will patch next release. Thanks!

quzar
April 12th, 2005, 10:07
bilinear filtering on the dreamcast only affects 3D rendering. when applied to 2d stuff there shouldnt be any effect (other than slowdown). it MIGHT help mask the lines between your tiles, but any difference should not be distinguishable at these resolutions.

chui
April 12th, 2005, 11:01
i use pvr-textures for drawing 2d-tiles, using filter you can see it like blur (a bit).

Pavlik
April 12th, 2005, 15:53
Chui and DCEmu UK apologise to those who burnt cds on the previously broken release.

I always use old multisession discs to test new bins and alfter it make a new Inducer CD so dont apologise for that. It is free job.

diego777
April 13th, 2005, 19:00
wow.
Hi from Argentina.
I tested and work really ,really good.
game tested

metal slug=great speed.
metal slug2= great speed ,with some slowdawns.
bust a move="even better than the real thing"......Perfect emulation here,
perfect speed ,perfect, perfect.............
ghost pilots=constant perfect speed with cristaline sound.(amazing)
viewpoint=...................perfect again.

I dont speak english,
but i wish to say that=Amazing emulator,very very close(98%)
to perfect, GOD bless YOU.

From Argentina : diego777

(32 Years old)

diogene68
April 13th, 2005, 23:37
Hello from Italy!
Here my tests:
- Alpha mission II : very good
- Real bout fatal fury special: very good. Sometimes pause at round 1, no cdda only for bonus track (Blue Mary song).
Thanks for wonderful work!

the_bear99
April 14th, 2005, 00:40
I am sorry for asking a dumb question, but does Neo4all play neogeo roms or just the Neo CDs, and if only the CDS, where can one get/purchase them?
Thanks
Tom

quzar
April 14th, 2005, 03:23
only CD games, ebay mostly.

DaRKSLa1N
April 16th, 2005, 13:56
Hi, Here are some unnofficial (but good) compatibility Results :), check it out :)

DaRKSLaiNīs Compatibility List (http://usuarios.lycos.es/darkscustoms/Compatlist.htm)

DARKGATE
April 16th, 2005, 16:32
DIOGENE68, finalmente un italiano :D, e' strano perche' la maggior parte dei titoli che tengo non mi funziona il cdda , O_O a me ad esempio real bout fatal fury special non mi suona le tracce audio, a te a quanto pare si.
Poi molti originali non mi partono, non li vede come se non avessi messo niente nel lettore del dreamcast, mentre alcune iso che ho scaricato su ******** mi partono ma soffrono dello stesso problema del cdda, di solito sono un archivio che racchiude un iso e poi gli mp3, ma per masterizzarli uso il nero, modalita' di scrittura mista, cosi mi converte in automatico gli mp3 a WAVE, mi potresti aiutare?
----------------------------------------------------------------
English
Very strange, to me more games don't work the cdda, many original don't work, if put them in dreamcast, the emu don't read nothing, but if put the back up work perfectly, backup no my but of iso download in ************ :| archive with iso and mp3 separate. I use NERO and write in mixed mode, for convert the mp3 in wave, i see wich a lot of games (backup) work fine cdda in emu of quzar and the same games in the emu of chui & run don't play the CDDA O_O .
I don't understand nothing : | help, thank you.

quzar
April 16th, 2005, 16:55
There are many reports on DCemulation.com of the same thing, that cdda is broken in neo4all. (so you are not the only one darkgate).

diogene68
April 19th, 2005, 14:05
Hi, Here are some unnofficial (but good) compatibility Results :), check it out :)

DaRKSLaiNīs Compatibility List (http://usuarios.lycos.es/darkscustoms/Compatlist.htm)

What's correct iso-layer name for Aof3 and Last Blade 1&2?

DaRKSLa1N
April 19th, 2005, 19:35
hi diogene68, whatever layer you put in the iso will work, i put something like "last_blade1" and it works perfectly. you only have to do a new iso with the data of the original iso with UltraISO or WinISO (i use this programs) and change his layer, save it, and burn with nero the cue created with this ISO track first and then the MP3..

Darkgate im sure that your problem is how you burn the CDīs... you only have to do a CUE sheet with CDRcue or any program in the order of "Track01 => iso track , Track 02 => mp3 track... etc.." and just burn it with nero (the cue)...

i ensure you that RBFFS works so great (60 fps fskip0 with sfx and CDDA), if you have any question mail me at [email protected], im sure i can help you ;)

Greets.

diogene68
April 20th, 2005, 08:47
hi diogene68, whatever layer you put in the iso will work, i put something like "last_blade1" and it works perfectly. you only have to do a new iso with the data of the original iso with UltraISO or WinISO (i use this programs) and change his layer, save it, and burn with nero the cue created with this ISO track first and then the MP3..

Thanks, i'll try as soon as possible.
Here same new tests:
- SAVAGE REIGN: works great
- BLUE'S JOURNEY: works fine, but cdda stop if you go in the shops :(
- SUPER SENGOKU: works great, but a bit slow
- FATAL FURY 3: don't works :mad:

diogene68
April 20th, 2005, 08:54
DIOGENE68, finalmente un italiano :D, e' strano perche' la maggior parte dei titoli che tengo non mi funziona il cdda , O_O a me ad esempio real bout fatal fury special non mi suona le tracce audio, a te a quanto pare si.
Poi molti originali non mi partono, non li vede come se non avessi messo niente nel lettore del dreamcast, mentre alcune iso che ho scaricato su ******** mi partono ma soffrono dello stesso problema del cdda, di solito sono un archivio che racchiude un iso e poi gli mp3, ma per masterizzarli uso il nero, modalita' di scrittura mista, cosi mi converte in automatico gli mp3 a WAVE, mi potresti aiutare?

Hai un PM.

diogene68
April 26th, 2005, 22:48
hi diogene68, whatever layer you put in the iso will work, i put something like "last_blade1" and it works perfectly. you only have to do a new iso with the data of the original iso with UltraISO or WinISO (i use this programs) and change his layer, save it, and burn with nero the cue created with this ISO track first and then the MP3...

Your method is 100% ok, thanks. :D
Some new tests:
Real Bout Fatal Fury 1/2 : works great
Art of Fighting: boot ok, fx & cdda ok, blank screen with only text and power meters. :(

DaRKSLa1N
April 27th, 2005, 12:26
Hey, when you say Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 are you refeering to RBFF Special or Real Bout 2? i havent tested the RBFF2, i dont know if it exist on NGCD :). Could you be more specific? :), i could add it to the Compatibility list :).

diogene68
April 29th, 2005, 19:44
Hey, when you say Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 are you refeering to RBFF Special or Real Bout 2? i havent tested the RBFF2, i dont know if it exist on NGCD :). Could you be more specific? :), i could add it to the Compatibility list :).

I tested the full NGCD Real Bout series (Real Bout 1, 2 ("The Newcomers"), and Special), all work great (sometimes autopause at 1st round).
This emulator is a wonderful piece of software, probably is the best emulator on DC (but the world wait for a next release ...:D ).
Thanks to the authors for great job!