PDA

View Full Version : Dream Games: Soul Calibur III

wraggster
January 31st, 2007, 22:34
via PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/31/dream-games-soul-calibur-iii/)

Dream Games is a new weekly column where we explore a game we'd love to see on the PSP. Feel free to check in, and comment, every week.

Soul Calibur III
The Soul Calibur franchise is considered one of the best fighting series ever. With a large roster of characters, some genuinely interesting weapons and moves, and a great gameplay system, Soul Calibur has it all. After making a brief multiplatform appearance in Soul Calibur II, the third Soul Calibur went exclusively to Sony's PlayStation 2.

Why PSP?
Namco squeezed all of Tekken 5, and then some, into the tiny PSP. The impressive graphics and enhanced functionality of Dark Resurrection proves that Namco is quite capable of delivering a truly full-fledged fighting game on Sony's portable. The single-player features of Soul Calibur III were mostly bashed by critics, but they might just work on the PSP: the short missions the player must complete are ideal for gaming on the go. Also, the character customization feature doesn't have to go to waste on the PSP; the use of ad-hoc or Infrastructure features can make creating characters worthwhile. While true Infrastructure multiplayer may be too much to ask for, sharing ghost data a la Dark Resurrection may prove to be quite the hit. Imagine: data exchanges that allow you to play against a friend's unique character. Undoubtedly, Soul Calibur III on PSP can become the definitive portable fighting game of all time.

Is it possible?
Tekken 5 has sold more than 300,000 copies worldwide on the PSP. While not an overwhelming success, that's still an impressive figure (for a port!). Once the game enters Greatest Hits status, it will undoubtedly sell a lot more. There's a demand for good fighters on Sony's portable, and I doubt Namco will want to miss out on such a great opportunity. I hope you're reading this, Namco.

yoshinatsu
January 31st, 2007, 23:28
The first game I dreamt for my PSP...

wolfrainxd
February 1st, 2007, 00:50
hopefully they make soul calibur portable for psp. I would be so happy

campo@udel
February 1st, 2007, 00:55
I'm a huge fighting game fan, and this system needs more fighters!!!! Mostly I just end up playing Neo Geo roms on my PSP. Soul Calibur has a huge fan base, and would sell just as well as tekken DR. If they do remake SC III for PSP, I would like to see a removal of the whole Chronicles of the sword and maybe more focus on the create a fighter... Hell I would even be happy with a port of SC 2. Instead of SC, the most recent fighting game we get is shitty Mortal Kombat...

BrooksyX
February 1st, 2007, 01:09
Soul Caliber 1, 2, or 3 would be sweet on the psp. Its my favorite fighting series.

comicgeek
February 1st, 2007, 02:15
Yeah Soul Calibur III would be great on the PSP together with DR. Ah Nightmare with with giant squid wahahahaha.

DarthPaul
February 1st, 2007, 02:48
HECK YEAH!!! SOUL CALIBUR WOULD BE AWESOME!!! I love that franchise!! I've wanted to fight my friend's character..if this ever is release for PSP with a Ad-Hoc Multiplayer...gosh... I would never stop playing versus my friends. I love Soul Calibur,it's my favorite fighting game I think,and I love my PSP. Having both together would be a love bomb!(lol)

shrimpidy
February 1st, 2007, 03:23
I've spent countless hours playing soul calibur III on the PS2. It would be great if I could double that number if I were to have it on PSP. But I'd rather have a port of Resident Evil 4 since the control scheme would fit almost perfectly on the PSP and its the best game I've ever played on PS2. Soul Calibur III is second on my list nonetheless.

Joe88
February 1st, 2007, 05:40
full of win

Baboon
February 1st, 2007, 11:20
Cant Soul Blade be emulated on the PS1 emu?

THE REAL DREAM FIGHTING GAMES:

1) Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (although I do realise this is dreaming due to EA now having the Marvel License)

2) Street Fighter 3: third strike. :)

gdf
February 1st, 2007, 13:36
it would be nice to see, and barring the occasionally useless d-pad, tekken was miles more fun and addictive on psp, i think soul calibur could find its natural home on portable. a compilation would be nice...

pichon
February 1st, 2007, 14:26
Give me SFIII: 3S and I don't need anything else in a few years

Panini
February 1st, 2007, 14:28
Ill have SF3 3rd Strike thanks. :)

Its the ultimate fighting game

comicgeek
February 1st, 2007, 15:07
Are there no plans for a Devil May Cry version for the PSP?

Mister Klownes
February 1st, 2007, 20:35
SCIII would be all kinds of badass on PSP, but I'm mighty accustomed to those R2/L2 buttons...and the psp's d-pad isn't the easiest to work with. You have to exert a lot of force to press down more than one direction at a time...