PDA

View Full Version : FullScreen Browser: Better surfing with the PSP Browser

wraggster
January 31st, 2007, 22:40
New release from the nameless (http://psp.crystalxp.de/.en)

Hello @ all,
I have written a little tool, I hope it so helpfull for you, as for me.

Description:
The PSP Browser has a big handicap: The resolution, the website shows often squeezed or are useless. The little Tool "FullScreen Browser for PSP 1.0" fix this problem. It resizes the resultion of the browser window to a normal resultion (as example: 1024x768). Now the websites keep it's design and are readable. This works on all firmwares since 2.0. No homebrew support required.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

blackrave
January 31st, 2007, 23:06
I have yet to try this out, but it seems very promising. It will be nice to get everything on the screen instead of scrolling back and forth tens of times.

mandolzn
February 1st, 2007, 00:18
nice..

Torak
February 1st, 2007, 00:22
Cool I wanna try that.

devdj
February 1st, 2007, 00:46
tried it works ok but still pages load up slow

Torak
February 1st, 2007, 00:55
Woa woa woa wait... If he can make a app (or a mod to an app.). that doesnt need homebrew support. I'm guessing that means 3.10... Do you think it could be exploted?

BelmontSlayer
February 1st, 2007, 01:07
This app is excellent!

joshisposer
February 1st, 2007, 01:16
Torak, this is just a program ran off of the broswer. It's not like an exploit. It's sort of like a browser in a browser. Almost a portal. I like it, but meh, it could be better i guess. Maybe, a homebrew broswer with wpa support for internet and a bigger cache. That would be cool.

Deathnix
February 1st, 2007, 01:19
Torak, this is just a program ran off of the broswer. It's not like an exploit. It's sort of like a browser in a browser. Almost a portal. I like it, but meh, it could be better i guess. Maybe, a homebrew broswer with wpa support for internet and a bigger cache. That would be cool.

A bigger cache homebrew, or just simnply a plugin, would rock!

This is a handy app thoe, good work =)

mavsman4457
February 1st, 2007, 02:17
This is a very awkward add on that I never thought would be made but it is completely necessary. Thank you so much. This is awesome.

F9zDark
February 1st, 2007, 02:18
I tried loading DCEmu with it... Its WAY too slow for my tastes.

DarthPaul
February 1st, 2007, 02:56
cool,i downloaded this,haven't try yet.

pspwog
February 1st, 2007, 04:23
cool

theaceoffire
February 1st, 2007, 06:03
*sigh*, I WANT this to work, but on my (3.03 OEC), I can't get ANY pages to load differently than normal...

>.< sorry.

hanky
February 1st, 2007, 06:14
Wow.. just what I needed! I just designed a personal website in xhtml 1.1 that is completely fluid, but when It seems that the PSP browser is just like ie6 that ignores the "min-with" property so it looks really bad in the PSP browser.

Hope this app fixes this problem, I like to browse in my psp sometimes when Im in bed, just b4 going to sleep ;-)

Emeriastone
February 1st, 2007, 06:26
This is... incredibly useful and nice

rbervoets
February 1st, 2007, 07:42
Nice !

CandieC
February 1st, 2007, 16:31
*sigh*, I WANT this to work, but on my (3.03 OEC), I can't get ANY pages to load differently than normal...

>.< sorry.

Yeah me also im running 3.03 Oe-C and all the pages are displayed normal....... is this a bug in 3.03 Oe-C?

Sparda
February 1st, 2007, 16:34
No it works perfectly on my 3.03 OE-C. Are you sure you're using it right?

theaceoffire
February 1st, 2007, 17:11
No it works perfectly on my 3.03 OE-C. Are you sure you're using it right?

O.O ok, I am NORMALLY not retarded, but could you walk me thorugh this?

Step 1. Unzip the folder containing files to the root of memory stick.

Step 2. Go to the url mentioned in the readme to access a menu of file size formats

Step 3. Pick screen size

Step 4. Input url/use bookmark

Step 5. Page loads as normal? Reguardless of resolution choosen?

Do I need to turn off screen compression, or change some other settings? Do images need to be off?

^_^;;; what am I missing?