PDA

View Full Version : Paladin v1.2 - Pal to NTSC PSX Games Converter

wraggster
February 1st, 2007, 20:55
Coldbird (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1002922) has updated Paladin, heres the release info:

Well Well... Paladin is my new PAL to NTSC Converter for PSX Games... its kinda handy...
And works in 99% of Cases better than Zapper, because it modifies the VModes rather than the YPos Values... ;-)

If you still experience a Screen Displacement after patching with Paladin, apply a YPos Move to 0/0 with Zapper...

Keep in Mind thought that its highly suggested not to use Zapper or any other Patching Tool if its possible... only move the Coordinates to 0/0 with Zapper if needed... :-)

REVISION 1.2 OUT - FIXED WINDOWS INTERPRETATION PROBLEMS! ENHANCED PATCHING-TIME! IMPROVED ARGUMENT HANDLING!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via coldbird (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1350454&postcount=1)

Shrygue
February 1st, 2007, 20:59
Oh yes, an update to Paladin! I'll download this right now!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
February 1st, 2007, 21:59
99%!, thats quite a high percent. Thx alot man!!!!

irishwhip
February 1st, 2007, 23:36
i was so close with my wipeout 3 special edition. when i started the eboot, the screen was perfectly centered, but then it goes to a black screen. i can still hear the music and menu sound, but no picture. i guess this game is one of the 1% :(

Lupin3rd
February 1st, 2007, 23:58
I keep getting directed to paladin for my pal to ntsc needs and I'm completely lost with this whole .tar deal and have no idea whatsoever how or what i'm supposed to patch (the eboot or the iso). If any one could tell me how to go about this please let me know it will be greatly appreciated, cheers.

violent-killer
February 2nd, 2007, 00:32
can i download this directly to my psp?

irishwhip
February 2nd, 2007, 00:36
open the tar with winrar, and there is an exe inside.
run the exe from the command line.

to make this easier, i would suggest the windows powertoy, "command line here" which adds the "open command window here" option to your windows right click context menu.
(search the microsoft site for power toys and you will find cmdhere.exe)

once you install this , you only need to right click on the folder containing the exe, choose open command window here, and type paladin in the cmd window.
once paladin starts, it lists all the possible commands available

Lupin3rd
February 2nd, 2007, 00:43
Thank you very much irishwhip you don of helpage.

edit-saying that the unzip resulted in some OUT file or something and upon unraring paladin-1.0 and attempting to open the exe. I was told i didn't have the cygwin1.dll, I'll persist through this madness.

cloudd
February 2nd, 2007, 01:39
ok so I got it patched and now it fits on the screen and the y-axis is centered but the x-axis is not. How would I move it up about 5 pixels?

Lupin3rd
February 2nd, 2007, 02:00
"once paladin starts, it lists all the possible commands available"

I eventually got in following your advice but the whole <PAL> <NTSC> business is blowing my brain apart as it's not accepting anything I type in. Sorry for being such a traditional noob.

edit- the whole psx2psp eboot converter worked for mgs but final fantasys are still in the air, I'll work out this drag and drop business eventually.

irishwhip
February 2nd, 2007, 03:19
<PAL>= name of your disc image, <NTSC>=whatever you want your new image to be called.
heres an example line:

WIPEOUT.img WIPEOUT3ntsc.img yes no no

then hit return, and wait

Lupin3rd
February 2nd, 2007, 04:33
Thanks again, appreciated.

Xiofire
February 3rd, 2007, 21:03
Tried using this, Just gives me an error every time
PAL PSX games on PSP are a real chore to get working propaly.
-Xiofire

cloudd
February 4th, 2007, 06:15
Good program but I wish I could pic the exact X-Axis center coordinate for the screen (or the top left of the screen start position) some games just won't move to the correct spot. Hopefully in the next version you will be able to select the coordiate that you want the screen to display at.

BlankX
October 18th, 2008, 03:17
wow old thread but i have a question does this make NTSC games PAL or PAL into NTSC games? and do i have to include the whole file like c:\games\GRAN_TURISMO.ccd or can i just type

GRAN_TURISMO.ccd

and is <NTSC>= GRAN_TURISMO.ccd <PAL>= GRANDTURISMO.ccd yes no no right? im so clueless on this stuff =S

1996badman
October 28th, 2008, 12:09
Exuse me, can somebody please tell me how to use this program to convery my psx game. Thank you.

October 28th, 2008, 15:55
offer you something special:
http://www.cntradeshop.com/product.asp?Classid=38&Nclassid=249