PDA

View Full Version : PS3: The Return of the Rumble?

wraggster
February 1st, 2007, 21:22
via spong (http://news.spong.com/article/11674/PS3%3A+The+Return+of+the+Rumble%3F)

SPOnG informed you yesterday of the possibility of the ‘return of the rumble’ in the PS3’s Sixaxis controller, if recent claims from third party hardware manufacturer, Splitfish are to be believed.

Splitfish claim to have developed a “low-power consumption” technology called SensorFX which “uses no moving parts to produce meaningful sensory feedback. A broad range of intensity and sensation compliment the ability to derive feedback sensations from isolated areas on the controller, to isolate one side or the other, movement from front to back or all areas at the same time.”

However, 1Up approached Sony’s US office to find out what the latest deal was with SIXAXIS rumble? Could SplitFish provide a way around Sony’s legal issues with Immersion in this area?

Apparently not. A spokesperson told 1Up, “We have had no contact with this company and continue to have no plans to include FF [force feedback] in SIXAXIS.”

Shrygue
February 1st, 2007, 21:23
It would be good if the force feedback feature was introduced on the PS3 SIXAXIS controllers. That would be brilliant to have.

lmtlmt
February 2nd, 2007, 01:44
sony is stupid to not do this

F9zDark
February 2nd, 2007, 03:18
sony is stupid to not do this

Its just one bad decision after another... Seriously Sony would be DUMB AS **** not to go with this company...

Sony, please don't be any dumber than you have been, and for once make a smart choice.

Added:

Give it a week, I bet Kojima (who misses the rumble feature) will pull some strings and get this done.

702egold
February 2nd, 2007, 04:33
I have a ps3 and I miss the rumble. This sounds pretty cool.