PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer DS Clone Project News

wraggster
February 1st, 2007, 23:18
Another news update from the CnC DS project (http://www.cncds.worldoffokkers.nl/)

I’m still hammering away at the weapon systems. I had to change the abstract renderer so I could see turret positioning properly so now the abstract renderer is fixed to actual game size, as in each tile is a C&C tile in size (24×24). It’s hard to tell right now but I’m a little worried that showing the C&C graphics 1:1 will give the player a view that appears too ‘zoomed in’ becuase of the low resolution of the DS screen. Gameplay testing will show if this is a problem or not I guess. On a smaller map it might be ok but with a big map with a lot going on it might be frustrating. Fingers crossed it won’t be a big issue.

Anyway with the weapons I’ve laid down the framework for a lot of it now. I’ve added a turret to one of the test units and it will be firing soon. I’m starting with the ‘laser’ projectile type which scores an instantaneous hit (think obelisk). This will let me get most of the code done for attacking/damaging/armour types etc without worrying about rendering shells and so on. That will come later.

Also thanks to IHM on the forum for explaining some of the C&C weapon and damage system. I think I have one now which can cover the C&C system but will also allow lots of other cool stuff.

patgan598
February 2nd, 2007, 14:57
cool fix it

marshymarsh
February 3rd, 2007, 13:59
I hope this works, I love C&C