PDA

View Full Version : Neo4all RC2

fox68k
February 2nd, 2007, 01:05
Hey,

here is the 2nd release candidate of Neo4all :D

This new version features the lastest FAME core and the new FAZE (Z80 emulator for DC). Basically, the emulation speed in some games have been improved, specially in Metal Slug 2 (i recommend to overclock the m68k and underclock the z80 for this game), Art of Fighting 2 and Pulstar among others.

Downloads:

Dreamcast scrambled binary: http://www.m68k.com/neo4all/releases/neo4allrc2.zip
Sources: http://www.m68k.com/neo4all/releases/neo4allrc2-src.tar.bz2

I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Greetings.

Download locally here (http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,38,52)

V3N0M
February 2nd, 2007, 01:11
Well I'm glad that the DC scene is still being updated and worked on! Thanx for for everything.

turnerl
February 2nd, 2007, 01:40
Thanks Fox! Great Work!

I_Highway
February 2nd, 2007, 01:50
Yes, fox, another great release! I can't believe I can play Metal Slug even faster on my DC!!!

Elven6
February 2nd, 2007, 02:34
Nice one, thanks and great going!

kingbuzzo
February 2nd, 2007, 06:23
Alright!

ron
February 2nd, 2007, 08:45
Fox, GO GO GO GO GO !!!!

Fantastic release, see Metal Slug..... Wonderful

Darksaviour69
February 2nd, 2007, 12:01
nice one fox

qatmix
February 2nd, 2007, 21:13
Cool :) Cant wait to play it

BTW Is Chui not doing Dc anymore?

fox68k
February 2nd, 2007, 23:37
BTW Is Chui not doing Dc anymore?

He is waiting for his first son. I guess he will be away for a while but i am not sure how much because he really likes emulation coding.

vbt
February 3rd, 2007, 00:38
nice work fox68k :) just wondering(as always) would your sh4 core would run on sh2(for saturn) ?

Rick_Son
February 3rd, 2007, 03:57
Works like a Charm.

diogene68
February 3rd, 2007, 13:21
Thanks for this release.
Finally bonus track in Real Bout Special plays (not correct, however...) and Art of Fighting shows (garbaged) graphics. Little bug even in Metal Slug sfx.
Wonderful work, however; i hope the final release of best Dc emulator coming soon...

m1sf1t
February 4th, 2007, 07:30
Thanks so much for this, cant wait to get it running. Gonna try ragnagard 1st, My saturn version has alot of background animation missing. Neogeo through DC with a Saturn pad = brilliant

fox68k
February 5th, 2007, 14:55
nice work fox68k :) just wondering(as always) would your sh4 core would run on sh2(for saturn) ?

I have used the full set of SH4 opcodes so they will require review in this point. I know SHLD is not supported by the SH2, for example.
The endianness is the same (correct me if i am wrong) so that is ok.

In the other hand, you have to take in account memory requirements: FAZE eats 38 KB roughly and FAME around 550 KB at the bare minimum (depends upon generation options though). None of them uses dinamic memory allocation at all.

The best way to set this up is to try to assemble the sources. That way you can see what opcodes are missing in your environment. Then, report me to translate to a "compatible code". Do not hesitate in get in contact, i will be pleased to help you out.

Cheers.

BaldMonk
February 6th, 2007, 13:00
Nice work Fox... The speed up is pretty noticable in all games.

I've only tried Samurai Shodown 4 so far, but during play, the CDDA in the options sometimes switches itself off. Why is that? Is it some kind of bug? I'll start the emulator with it on, and it's all fine, then I'll notice there is suddenly no music, so I got back to the menu and it's in the off position... Only I didn't move it there.

I also posted this over at DCemulation.com :)

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

Vash*The*Stampede
February 7th, 2007, 00:48
He already submitted a reply about SS4 at the 'other' dcemu board.

By the way, what's the deal with that?? It seems like all the same members but totally different boards.:confused:

vbt
February 8th, 2007, 22:02
I have used the full set of SH4 opcodes so they will require review in this point. I know SHLD is not supported by the SH2, for example.
The endianness is the same (correct me if i am wrong) so that is ok.

No infact the Saturn is big endian and the Dc is little endian.

In the other hand, you have to take in account memory requirements: FAZE eats 38 KB roughly

Nice it's quite low :)

and FAME around 550 KB at the bare minimum (depends upon generation options though). None of them uses dinamic memory allocation at all.

it starts to be high for Saturn I don't know if somebody would use it for Saturn maybe Rockin'-B ? I don't see MD games running at full speed on Saturn maybe MAME games ?

The best way to set this up is to try to assemble the sources.

Sure I'll try.

That way you can see what opcodes are missing in your environment. Then, report me to translate to a "compatible code".

It would be really nice :)

Do not hesitate in get in contact, i will be pleased to help you out.
Cheers.
Ok thanks in advance, I'll try to assemble the sources during this week end.

quzar
February 8th, 2007, 22:51
No infact the Saturn is big endian and the Dc is little endian.

I think he was referring to the fact that you don't need to use the sh4's endian swap op because the saturn's cpu is the same endian-ness as the standard m68k. (big)

Christuserloeser
February 9th, 2007, 20:40
it starts to be high for Saturn I don't know if somebody would use it for Saturn maybe Rockin'-B ? I don't see MD games running at full speed on Saturn maybe MAME games ?

Doesn't the Saturn have its own 68K co-processor ? Couldn't that be used for MD emulation ?

quzar
February 9th, 2007, 20:48
Doesn't the Saturn have its own 68K co-processor ? Couldn't that be used for MD emulation ?

that 68k is used for sound processing. The answer is basically the same as why the DC's arm cannot be used to emulate the gba.

Albatross
February 11th, 2007, 12:08
Great emu ! For me it plays the metal slugs as guick if not quicker than the metal slug versions on the playstation & the loading is certainly quicker. The icing on the cake would be being able to save high scores/times to vmu

BaldMonk
February 12th, 2007, 06:39
He already submitted a reply about SS4 at the 'other' dcemu board.

By the way, what's the deal with that?? It seems like all the same members but totally different boards.:confused:

It ain't against the law to join more than one board my friend :D

Dull Blade
February 14th, 2007, 01:09
He is waiting for his first son. I guess he will be away for a while but i am not sure how much because he really likes emulation coding.

Oh I really hope he returns, you and he are basically supporting the whole community, not enough coder (with the exception of a few). I really want to get into coding but I dont seem to be knowledge full enough, well I am reasonable at java.

Any ways, does this run Samurai Showdown 1 with sound, its basically the only neo geo game I play.

Edit: Helll YEEEAAAHHH, 200th post :thumbup:

Vash*The*Stampede
February 14th, 2007, 09:25
That had nothing to do with my question, BaldMonk....

groovemaster303
February 14th, 2007, 11:17
Great work! :)

Looks like my 360's gonna be gathering dust once more. while i play metal slug 1+2 to death.... yet again :D

BaldMonk
February 15th, 2007, 08:03
That had nothing to do with my question, BaldMonk....

By the way, what's the deal with that?? It seems like all the same members but totally different boards

Yes it does. It's because they've joined multiple boards :)

fox68k
February 15th, 2007, 11:56
Any ways, does this run Samurai Showdown 1 with sound, its basically the only neo geo game I play.

Yep, it is perfectly playable with sound.

Dull Blade
February 16th, 2007, 22:07
OMG you are my god, fox68k. You are my current favorite person, you've dethroned will smith. basque in the glory of your new found title :) :) :) Now to play some metal slug and SS 1, thanks man

Edit: Well, it is sort of good, we got all the SFX but no Background music. perhaps next release we'll get BGM. (yes I know how to do bgm for neo geo games)

fox68k
February 17th, 2007, 11:18
Well, it is sort of good, we got all the SFX but no Background music. perhaps next release we'll get BGM. (yes I know how to do bgm for neo geo games)

I have audio CD. Set both CPUs to normal clocking and try again. It should work, otherwise there could be any issue regarding CD creation.

Dull Blade
February 17th, 2007, 17:33
I'll give it a try, but i know 100% that i burnt the cd correctly, I can get it to work on my pc with the correct BGM.

Edit: I gave it a try, and no luck. I know that the cdda tracks are in there because when you open itunes with SS1 in your comp, all the sound track is there. I do recall that in neo4all beta 3, you could get the BGM for SS1 to work. but when beta 4 came out, the cdda stopped working for SS1 and SS2.

however for now i'll just have go with out the full experience of SS1, and go play some metal slug 1/2 and SS3/4

fox68k
February 18th, 2007, 15:03
I'll give it a try, but i know 100% that i burnt the cd correctly, I can get it to work on my pc with the correct BGM.

Edit: I gave it a try, and no luck. I know that the cdda tracks are in there because when you open itunes with SS1 in your comp, all the sound track is there. I do recall that in neo4all beta 3, you could get the BGM for SS1 to work. but when beta 4 came out, the cdda stopped working for SS1 and SS2.

however for now i'll just have go with out the full experience of SS1, and go play some metal slug 1/2 and SS3/4

Weird. I will take a look at that game as soon as i get back to neo4all.

Thanks for the feedback.

BaldMonk
February 18th, 2007, 23:09
Fatal Fury also plays the music in the wrong order, but that's been a problem since the 1st release :)

OV3RFiEND
February 23rd, 2007, 22:52
anim