PDA

View Full Version : Revealed: What really goes on inside a focus test

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 16:09
David Jaffe has posted a blog during a focus test for the upcoming PS3 downloadable game Calling All Cars, which documents just what happens during a focus test. And it makes for great reading.

His live blog began at 9:15am LA time with: "Focus tests are starting for the game; prob. the last focus/play tests we will have. I will try to live blog it cause...well why not...maybe it will be interesting...or suck. This will be more stream of consciousness than usual...and the spelling lots worse as I'm gonna be focused on the test but trying to blog too...so here we go..."

It gets better: "9:22- Still waiting for this mother****er to show...that's the thing with focus tests...you pay these companies a good amount of cash to go out and find inbiased people to come play stuff, and they get paid, and you usually have like an 80% show rate...there's always a few who sign up to come but do not...one of these focus companies would do well to charge a bit more and then have back up testers to promise you get the number of people you want even if the first picks have a few no shows....**** tards....and yeah, since I am typing fast, prep for lots more cursing cause I got not time to edit :)"

It gets better still: "9:27- Ok, we're gonna start without the ****...whatever. Dammit! But yeah, here come the butterflies...will they like it, will they make fun of it, will they LOVE it?!? HATE IT?!?! Shit, here we go...they are all sitting down at the ps3's....here we go..."

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156632)