PDA

View Full Version : Will Wright's Spore coming to DS!

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 16:18
EA is to further bolster its already healthy support for Nintendo platforms, with Will Wright's innovative PC game, Spore, now confirmed for DS.

Spore lets you create your own alien life form and set it loose to explore an epic-sized virtual universe, spreading the species to new worlds in an incredibly ambitious mish-mash of different gameplays styles. It's one of the most innovative and highly anticipated games coming to PC, an case you're not in with that crowd.

EA remains tight-lipped on actual gameplay details for the DS game, leaving us curious as to how such a large and ambitious title will work on the technically limited handheld.

The new Wii Sims game - now known as My Sims - is also on its way to the DS, along with EA's previously announced Sim City and Theme Park. EA Japan is clearly very busy indeed.

Chairman and CEO of Electronic Arts, Larry Probst, who confirmed the games during a financial earnings presentation yesterday, expressed his approval of Nintendo's strategy.

"It seems as if it is expanding the overall market, and users who purchase software, and we think thats a good thing", he said.

He goes on to say: "Both Microsoft and Nintendo are positioned to gain some share, but we think Sony will continue to be strong...We will be provocatively supporting all of them", reaffirming EA's cross-platform support.

Will Spore work on DS? Discuss...

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156639)

toymin80r
February 3rd, 2007, 00:01
The first time i read this i felt like it was bs, but i just cant imagine how it would play compared to the pc version, hopefully it comes out to be a good game though.