PDA

View Full Version : WiiKey - Upgradeable Wii Modchip

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 18:54
http://www.wiikey.cn/images/chip.gif

The Creators of XenoGC a gamecube modchip have announced that they are releasing what will easily be the best modchip for Wii so far with the features we all want, ie upgradeable modchip and region free gaming:

Heres the spec

Specifications:

Fully upgradable via DVD/disc (future proof, expect cool features to come)
Boots different region GC games/backups
Boots different NTSC region Wii games/backups
Supports multi-disc games
Supports DVD-R and DVD+R
Built-in audio fix (for games using streaming, no patch required)
Stealth mode
4 wires & quick solder interface
Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller
Professional ESD packing

More features are being worked on, and will either be included in the upcoming release or in a future upgrade that will follow the release shortly.

We will upload a picture and more features within the next few days!

Expected shipping date: February 7th, 2007

Awesome for Homebrewers and those who want to buy games from other regions (DCEmu does not support piracy)

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gadgets/WiiKey_Upgradeable_Wii_Modchip)

Dbgtgoten
February 3rd, 2007, 05:46
i would want one of these =/ but the problem is the soldering =/ any clue how much they will cost?

djkus
February 3rd, 2007, 07:37
i cant wait :) this is the mod for me.

rbervoets
February 3rd, 2007, 09:13
it looks just like the swap magic key for ps2 !

voltorben
February 3rd, 2007, 12:05
I cant wait for a review of this one! I think i will go for this, rather the wiinja :)

MadBob
February 4th, 2007, 01:04
Surely any ModChip that was Flash upgradable could potentially be flashed dead by the N online update?

Innergaara
February 26th, 2007, 06:46
Hey guys, I've got a question about the Wiikey and some of it's competing modchips.

On the Website it says that the Wiikey can load other region NTSC Wii games while on the modchipstore website on the page about the cyclowiz it says that:

"Note: While adding a swap-free import feature would have been trivial, the chip could be easily detected then. It was decided that beeing stealth was more important, so using a boot disc is required."

I'm just wondering why the Wiikey would be able to do that and be stealth and this chip stating that it would not be able to remain stealth while loading a different regioned Wii game.