PDA

View Full Version : PoKéQuesT DS

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 19:47
PokéSensei (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=14377#forumpost14377) has released a new MMorpg for the Nintendo DS:

Well, I've been working on a Pokémon MMORPG server for awhile now. And even though its not entirely complete. I've started working on a Nintendo DS client to it using PAlib.

My next step is to learn how to properly read the recv buffer for updates, and parse it for line breaks and do stuff with the data. But for right now, the Working Demo will output a background, play a sound [looping], ask for your username and password (even though it doesn't login yet) and then connect to wifi, the server, and initiate the PoKéQuesT Connection.

Tell me what you think, and if you have any ideas or helpful information, please let me know!

Currently Tested On:
m3 sd - use PoKeQuesT.sc.nds

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jay_PaRaDoX
February 2nd, 2007, 21:38
It works perfect on SuperCard MiniSD.

kcajblue
February 2nd, 2007, 23:57
this might turn out to be an awesome homebrew game.
keep up the good work.

cloud_952
February 3rd, 2007, 03:26
Seems pretty interesting thus far, but.. o_O Not sure what it does, seems kinda far from a point where it'll run a game. Might be a good time to look for beta testers, though, so when it starts running they can just send it to the testers instead of a full forum thing, where you're also less likely to get pointed, bug-reporting feedback. ^^

Navarr
February 4th, 2007, 17:48
I'm very glad you appreciate my work. If anyone here finds any bugs, please, let me know :p There haven't been any so far... PLUS, I would also like to know what Card and which version you ran. I'm kind of new to developing for the DS, much less C++; so any feedback would be appreciated. ^^o (http://sandbox.gtaero.net/ <-- SandBox Forums before move to new host)

911kid
February 17th, 2007, 05:18
After I log in it stops! What do I do?

ACID
February 17th, 2007, 05:28
Sweet man keep up the great work. looks great

mustacio
February 26th, 2007, 05:33
I gave this a shot on my max media dock and it said it connected to pokequest.It displayed the server name and then didn't load anything else.This sounds like an excellent idea and can't wait to see it work.Any ideas how I could get past the server name would be greatly appreaciated.Good luck getting this up and running for all!:thumbup:

Pyroman_exe
June 16th, 2007, 19:26
i got a site (www.pokemon-island.net) and if you want you can host there for free

zauberer
June 16th, 2007, 21:37
I am using the R4DS.
When I select the .nds file and create the .sav, it just turn both screens black and it's stuck there.

Hyrule_boy
June 17th, 2007, 10:41
I gave this a shot on my max media dock and it said it connected to pokequest.It displayed the server name and then didn't load anything else.This sounds like an excellent idea and can't wait to see it work.Any ideas how I could get past the server name would be greatly appreaciated.Good luck getting this up and running for all!:thumbup:
Buy some glasses and learn to read.

AntiSephiroth
June 26th, 2007, 13:08
It works fine with the new Games n' Music card brought out recently. When it logs in it says it failed to connect to the PokeQuest Server, Do you have to sign up for an account rather than just logging in with any name or Password?

shark2005327
July 15th, 2007, 16:29
Any updates on this game?

zauberer
July 15th, 2007, 19:57
No newer update (http://pokequest.gtaero.net/).

I don't know if this is good since there are homebrews (not only NDS) that were shoutdown due to "copyright" or so.

It would be good to see a MMO, but more like original. Maybe it's tough make one from scratch but it's delightful when it's done.

Drego
July 16th, 2007, 22:56
Don't know if this is good since there are homebrews (not only NDS) that were shoutdown due to "copyright" or so.

Actually, they should be able to make the game as long it doesn't involve the new Sinnoh Region (Diamond/Pearl). Most companies will let you use old ideas. Kind of like Star Wars Galaxies Emu is technically legal since "Jump to Lightspeed" is out.

But in other news...it doesn't work on my M3S/R4 :-( Great idea and I can't wait to see more.

zauberer
July 17th, 2007, 03:52
I have a R4 and it works at the point where it is suppose to run.

Until the message says: "More comming=("

Drego
July 17th, 2007, 18:46
I have a R4 and it works at the point where it is suppose to run.

Until the message says: "More comming=("

Me and my stupidity spoke to soon....I didn't realize you needed the subfolder "pokequest" which has the background pictures and whatnot....

Works fine now....err well as much as it can at least....

bastos
August 4th, 2007, 08:41
this will be a break for u guys

pokemonprof
August 16th, 2007, 07:53
i use an M3 DS Simply...
do i use .nds file extentions or .sc.nds or what?
I'm so confused :(

zauberer
August 17th, 2007, 20:01
This project has been dropped.

He says in his homepage. http://pkqst.com/

Seven7
August 19th, 2007, 01:14
Sorry, but that site is hacked/fake. Here's the real deal.

http://pkqst.blogspot.com/

Go a page back or so to find info on the fake page.

Or if you don't want to, read this, sorced from : http://pkqst.blogspot.com/2007/07/thanks-for-all-fish.html

July 05, 2007
Thanks for all the fish~

I would like to greatly thank PPN Steve for publishing our story and pointing our users here.

For those of you who recently went online to view our old website [URL of which will no longer be posted] you may have noticed a rather weird message saying that PoKéQuesT was dead for a few reasons.

For those of you who may think that this blog was hacked, there are at least six ways to tell that the new website was not created by PoKéQuesT.
PoKéQuesT is always programmed using the newest technologies. If you looked at the source of the "new site" and compared it to the old source of labs, you'd see a vast difference. Labs had an XML opening tag, and declared an XHTML 1.1 + SVG + MathML 2.0, as you can see, the "new site" is using "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" <-- eww.
PoKéQuesT's self-made pages are always written using UTF-8 technology. If you look at the source of the "new site" you can see that they are declaring a charset of ISO-8859-1, the common Windows character set.
The title is left as "Untitled Document", saying that it was probably generated by something. Have we set a <title> tag with "Untitled Document"? I mean really, who the does that?
The "RIP" states that the start date is in 2007. Well, Labs was in 2007, but , the domain itself was registered in 2006, and PoKéQuesT took place at least a year or two before that! (The General idea, originally called PokémonIRC)
The "new site" is signed by someone called "The Sensei". I have never been "The Sensei", I'm PokéSensei.
The "new site" has incorrectly formatted the name of the project, writing it as "PokéQuesT" instead of "PoKéQuesT". Note the capital K in the second sample. :)

If you need to contact me, drop a line at [email protected]

Posted by Navarr Barnier at 3:27 PM

And there ya go. Quote self-edited to conform with forum rules. Anywho, the project lives:thumbup: .

-Seven7-

Buttertoast45
August 19th, 2007, 01:19
Looks like a cool game :)

zonic
September 16th, 2007, 21:02
the pokemon Quest game servers are currently not working:(

shark2005327
September 30th, 2007, 16:25
Is this game working yet? I would love to play it.

aztekkid
December 28th, 2007, 06:34
k im about to test this PokeQuest. from the posts before, it seems very pleasing. lets see what comes to mind AFTER i play ;p

k.... umm... i hafta say im a bit dissapointed. because when i tried to load it on my R4DS i got 2 black screens -.-

Any one know why and/or know how to fix it? TY

Flygon
December 28th, 2007, 07:45
I am using the R4DS.
When I select the .nds file and create the .sav, it just turn both screens black and it's stuck there.

Whats you're R4 firmware revision?

treds9000
December 29th, 2007, 19:17
i cant get poke quest to connect to the hotspot
-noob in need

witeds
March 19th, 2008, 05:07
they are still working on geting the server up and they had a new build but have been havig problems with geting it on dcemu so i thought i would be nice and post the link to the downlod if any of the makers come across my post pleas forgive me if i have done somthing wrong i just thought that it would be nice to relese this up date in a place that is veiwd for your work often

pokequest.zip (http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=186195&filename=pokequest.zip)

although this has dldi suport i have tried it with my games n music and it just freezez
so if any of you have questions contact the people at
www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com/pages/PoKeQuesT/7064934790)
for those of you who dont know how to contact them

@seven7

@witeds

Link appears to be dead man, just takes me to a blank page, maybe wanna check the url?
that should work now i found out the problem

Seven7
March 19th, 2008, 20:57
@witeds

Link appears to be dead man, just takes me to a blank page, maybe wanna check the url?

Da_Wiinner
April 6th, 2008, 19:18
when i start the program it asks me for a user name and password what do i do?

twinthunmast
September 2nd, 2008, 19:48
when i start the program it asks me for a user name and password what do i do?

Well the first thing i would do is type in a username and apssword you want :D well thats what i did, but it gets to a part thats asking for hotspot linking. I know this is cause the severs not up yet, any updated news? or information? Ive looked at the others and nothing tells about the sever ( yet that i know, until i am told) so anyway, musics nice and sounds good :thumbup: