PDA

View Full Version : PS3™ system software version 1.51 Released

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 20:19
New firmware/software update for the PS3, heres whats new:

Users
You can now select an image to use as the User icon from [Photo].

Settings
[Key Tone] has been added as an option under [Sound Settings].
[Delete Backup Data] has been added as an option under [System Settings] > [Backup Utility].
WEP 128, WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA-PSK (AES) have been added as security methods that can be used with [AOSS™] under [Automatic].*
* If you have already set up for AOSS using an earlier version of the system software, you must perform AOSS setup again to use the security methods listed above.
* When [Automatic] is selected, the security method to be used is automatically set.
* AOSS is a trademark of Buffalo, Inc.

Game
New for 1.51: Support for PLAYSTATION®3 format software titles has been expanded.

Friends
The method for saving your password / signing in automatically under PLAYSTATION®Network has been changed. There are now two separate options.
Other
You can now enter text in Korean using the on-screen keyboard.

Moreinfo (http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates)

Shrygue
February 2nd, 2007, 20:22
That was quick. Version 1.50 was out only just last week or so.

F9zDark
February 3rd, 2007, 04:13
That was quick. Version 1.50 was out only just last week or so.

Yeah a little too quick... There has gotta be news of a hack floating about somewhere...

mavsman4457
February 3rd, 2007, 05:04
Indeed there is and I am certainly glad that I am sticking with 1.32. The only thing stopping me now would be an accidental update by me friend or parent, not sure how that would happen but I would be angry.

Sterist
February 3rd, 2007, 06:59
Indeed there is and I am certainly glad that I am sticking with 1.32. The only thing stopping me now would be an accidental update by me friend or parent, not sure how that would happen but I would be angry.

more info on hack plz?

there havent been any security updates yet soooo...

Psumoni
February 3rd, 2007, 18:37
Looks like a non-update, however since I enjoy playing my PS3 online, and with the replay value intrinsic in multiplayer, I'll keep upgrading my PS3 so that I can continue to play with others. I may screw myself out of the "3.xx OE" of PS3 hacks, but as I'm looking forward to retail releases, as opposed to the releases for the PSP, I'll need to keep the latest firmware anyhow.

I've still got my 250gb PS2 when I feel like homebrew on the bigscreen, and linux running for much of what I please on the PS3. Maybe I'll stop upgrading if something worthwhile comes along for homebrew, and wait for the downgraders to catch up.

Tree
February 3rd, 2007, 19:24

yeah im lucky im sticking with 1.32 aswell :P but i got that chance of someone coming on it the same as you :P everone just comes in my room to have a look to see what its like.

Sterist
February 4th, 2007, 07:17
if dcemu doesnt have a hack cited then there must be... no hack. ther4 no security updates.

im updating... :(