PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy remakes blip on Gamestop's website

wraggster
February 2nd, 2007, 20:44
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/01/final-fantasy-remakes-blip-on-gamestops-website/)

If we're to believe 1UP, Square is heads-over-heels in love with the PSP. A deluge of titles is supposed to head to our favorite handheld, including remakes of Final Fantasy I & II. Although SCEA usually has a no-ports policy, it appears that this high-profile re-release may get greenlit for US release. Gamestop's website briefly showed a listing for the two ports for June and July, each retailing for $39.99.

While Gamestop doesn't have the most reliable release date information, they can be very good at accidentally revealing new games before they're officially announced. Remember Oblivion? This is probably a positive indicator that the games will receive an English release, but I hope that price is completely fabricated: there's no justification at all for a $40 price tag on an NES game remake.

judas_coach
February 2nd, 2007, 23:39
They're right.. what's stopping us from just using emulators? Emulators don't cost 40 USD...

Veskgar
February 2nd, 2007, 23:40
This one better see a North American release. With the right price ($19.99 - $29.99) it would sell really well.

The Japanese need to stop thinking that all North American gamers only care about FPS games and such.

RPG's are my favorite genre and I also think RPG games are the best genre for the PSP. So I hope to see tons of RPG titles in 2007.

The PSP has never held up against the PSP in Japan but Monster Hunter Portable sold incredibly well. Also the Tales of Phantasia remake sold incredibly well in Japan.

What they said recently over at DVDEmpire.com holds true sadly for North America. About 70-80 percent of games are indeed crap.

Nookadum
February 3rd, 2007, 00:12
Yeah, but the emulated versions are usually crap (e.g. graphics, replayability, and otherwise audio) due to the game itself being outdated than the re-made/re-mastered version. But of course, that is expected. :P

Bladestorm
February 3rd, 2007, 04:01
It should be pretty obvious this wont be a straight port of the original, but a remake.

BloodLust8
February 4th, 2007, 22:40
I wish square would stop being so lazy and start creating new games and make the games that uses the capability of the console. The PSP is a tough machine, it can handle better games.

Even if they are not taking a open source nes emulater and retitling it as a square game there laziness still shines through with there up comming *remake* of FF tactics.

I fell in love with Square cause they made brilliant games but it seems like making a fast buck is more important than a good game.

DeathStar
February 5th, 2007, 00:29
Remakes could be good if they did both an origanl release and the remake release, Theres enough space on these UMD discs to probably put 3cd's worth of info IIRC.

I'll probably buy this new FFT though I allways liked the game and if its just as good as the old PSX version I have no need to be cloging up space in my memory stick.