PDA

View Full Version : HMV refuses PS3 pre-orders unless you buy a PSP too

wraggster
February 3rd, 2007, 09:22
via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72601)

HMV's online store is now taking pre-orders for PlayStation 3 - providing consumers are also willing to purchase a 4GB PSP pack for a total price of GBP 675.

An email sent out to customers today says the deal will enable them to become one of the "lucky few" who will be able to pick up a PS3 at launch. It reads: "At HMV.co.uk, we've been working with Sony to offer up to 5000 customers an incredible deal when you buy the new Sony 4GB PSP.

"Anyone who takes advantage of this offer will get priority over other HMV.co.uk customers for the PlayStation 3." The deal also includes two PSP games - Killzone Liberation and Gangs of London - and the price for the bundle is listed as GBP 674.99.

mnuhaily22
February 3rd, 2007, 09:29
Just buy it from target or at gamestop.com

Airdevil
February 3rd, 2007, 09:56
Just buy it from target or at gamestop.com

We dont have target or gamestop in the UK.

I think HMV are being a bit harsh here though.

Ichijoe
February 3rd, 2007, 10:09
Well I have the felling that, more and more Merchants will try to shaft us w/a PS3™ & PSP™ combo.

Take amazon.de (Amazon Germany), for example.
They're doing the exact same thing!

And S0NY Computer Entertainment Europe have the audacity to tell it's Punters that the have the Right to shop around to find: "To find a Package that's right for them".

...Well you know what?!
I already have, it's called a XBOX360™. I didn't have to freeze my Arse off to get it and I needn't Mortgage the House for it either.

I never realized just how arrogant these Pricks were.
If i ever had a thought about getting a PS3 before I'd have to think really REALLY hard about it now.

I hope the PS3™ tanks as hard if not harder then the PSP™...

jonezybaby
February 3rd, 2007, 10:39
always good wen ya no sum1 whos nos games station's regional manager ;p;p

Dickhead
February 3rd, 2007, 10:41
I am just glad that I have bought the Xbox360 instead of waiting and getting ps3, I already have a PSP so this news sucks anyway for everyone....

psp4me
February 3rd, 2007, 11:05
Makes me not want to buy sonys games and just start loading iso's. The whole you cant download ps1 games for the psp without a ps3 thing really P***ed me off. SONY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

m_d_uk
February 3rd, 2007, 14:05
hmmmm... i can sense some sort of deal going on between sony and the suppliers!

LilSwish722
February 3rd, 2007, 15:41
Sony is really F***ing theirselves lately. I think the would sell more units if they worried more about customer satisfaction instead of making money and beating Nintendo and Microsoft.

JUSTiNB
February 3rd, 2007, 16:26
the sad thing is, is that people will buy this combo :S

Shrygue
February 3rd, 2007, 17:10
I hope the GAME store doesn't adopt this stuid approach like HMV is doing. I already have 3 PSPs and I can always get high capacity memory sticks for not too expensive prices.

robocelot
February 3rd, 2007, 18:49
Isn't this type of bundling illegal?

It is in North America, especially when the retailer changes the terms of a preorder (you preordered and paid a deposit, then the retailer holds you hostage and forces you to buy extras you don't want in order to get the console)

Only in the messed up myopic world of video games does a legal deposit mean nothing. If this were a car or a house the seller/retailer would be in serious hot water.

10shu
February 3rd, 2007, 19:39
Anyway...who wan t a ps3 at this point...??!?

The console is overpriced, and didn t have any technical advantage over the 360.

Everygames release on both platform look and play better on the 360 even if in some case the develloper got extra months to work on the ps3 version.

Many develloper have now said the 360 is a better hardware to make games

And most of sony exclu are now coming out on the 360 too..

Hungry Horace
February 3rd, 2007, 20:51
it sounds to me just like a special deal.

i'm sure you will be able to get a PS3 withough buying a PSP, there's just savings if you do, and maybe you'll have to wait a bit.

there's no blame to be dished out here. unless you think Sony should ship more units to Europe, although i dont blame them for not - as most sensible ppl will wait for the proce to drop first anyway.

joshisposer
February 3rd, 2007, 21:09
I love how people say the ps3 is "overprice". They are losing money every unit they sell. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT especially if you are biased.

gymnotropic
February 3rd, 2007, 21:16
By the way. :P

http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/40

The PS3 achieves 2 teraflops at it's peak point of performance, while the XBox 360 only achieves 1.

Also, last time I was at Target, they had two 60 GB systems.

gdf
February 3rd, 2007, 21:43
And S0NY Computer Entertainment Europe have the audacity to tell it's Punters that the have the Right to shop around to find: "To find a Package that's right for them".

...Well you know what?!
I already have, it's called a XBOX360™. I didn't have to freeze my Arse off to get it and I needn't Mortgage the House for it either.

right on!

pt9087
February 3rd, 2007, 22:07
Lol easy money making haha

SpooForBrains
February 3rd, 2007, 22:30
I love how people say the ps3 is "overprice". They are losing money every unit they sell. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT especially if you are biased.

Just because Sony is losing money doesn't ipso facto mean the system is good value for money from a consumer standpoint. Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

(ETA: "ergo facto"? WTF was I smoking?)

danurban
February 4th, 2007, 02:04
You people in the UK shouldn't worry to much about PS3 availability. While the Wii is still scarce in the states, you can buy a ps3 at just about any video game store now.

Anyways if u wanna compare tech specs of the xbox360 and ps3 IGN had some tests awhile ago and the xbox360 came out on top in most categories. The PS3 hardware might look better on paper but in reality it is about equal or maybe even a little worse than the 360 as far as performance goes.

I'm not a 360 fan boi either I'm just stating what I read.

danurban
February 4th, 2007, 02:25
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?q=xbox%20graphics

Here are a couple of interesting articles about ps3 vs. xbox 360 comparison.

John Vattic
February 4th, 2007, 04:48
Know what's cool? I bought a Wii where I work because we just happened to get 12 in "out-of-the-blue", and I didn't have to buy a ds lite or bundle crap.

Also Gamestops and EB's are charging 500+usd for a Wii bundle which includes another nanchuk and 2 games. I think making people buy bundles to drive up sales prices still should be considered gouging. Lessons in the inherent evil of money should be taught in schools so that modern children don't grow up to be scumbags like the baby boomers and flower children became.

Anyway I was going to buy a ps3 because there were no Wii's. But I held out and got a Wii for 230$ after my discount.:D And you know what, I am sorry for blasting Wiimo fanboys because the Wii is quite excellent.

Sony can't possibly dig a deeper grave for it's gaming franchise. In the long run ps3 will rule. But this year is all about Nintendo.

Plus the ps3 is a beast. It catches fire, frys eggs, even load times are enough to tenderize a new york strip, can anyone say Sony's Foreman grill will win the console wars?

Sony=Halliburton of video game industry, only "we the people" get a say in who gets the contracts.

Love for money kills art and humanity.

Shadowblind
February 4th, 2007, 04:53
Ive always wondered: If no target or gamestop, WHat are the main game stores in the UK?

And for the record,I sadly agree with both of those articles.

pibs
February 4th, 2007, 06:59
wait wuts this 4gb psp they speak about?

February 4th, 2007, 10:52
No matter what happens, people still manage to blame Sony. Did it ever occur to you people that this is HMV's pricing?

Ichijoe
February 4th, 2007, 15:10
wait wuts this 4gb psp they speak about?

It's the 4Gib MemeryStick™ Value Pack (PSP™, Battery, AC Charger, Cover, Dustrag, Demo Disc and of course the 4Gib MemoryStick™)´,.

No matter what happens, people still manage to blame Sony. Did it ever occur to you people that this is HMV's pricing?

Funny I seem to recall some Speach about Ridge Racer and 'Giant Enemy Crabs' and a MSRP of $599,99(USD), for the PS3™.

So assuming that HMV could sell it cheaper ~I suppose they could~ but, why in Hell should they?
Since they're not getting it much ceaper @ Wholesale either...

Uchiha Sasuke
February 5th, 2007, 09:20
PS3 doesn't interest me one bit. I'm happy with my current PSP and my hackzored 360 thank you.

SpooForBrains
February 5th, 2007, 12:25
What's a Gib? :)

GB=Gigabyte Gb=Gigabit

londongta
February 5th, 2007, 13:03
FORGET SONY!!! They have taken the p**s out of everyone with this whole ps3 thing. I just bought an Xbox 360 and it's just as good as the ps3 and its cheaper with more games. i urge everyone to forget the ps3 and grab a 360