PDA

View Full Version : The WiiOmnii - Fake Modchip ?

wraggster
February 3rd, 2007, 10:32
Another modchip has been announced and the internet is buzzing that this is a fake modchip, heres the specs/info:

Team OMNi Presents...

The WiiOmnii

Positives

- Wii and GC backups working
- Fully supports execution of unsigned code. (Wii homebrew and imports!!!)
- Upgradeable via dvd, and soon via memory card!
- Stealth
- Quick-solder
- Superb build quality

Negatives

- No negatives, this is the best chip on the market

We are working on several Wii apps as we speak (or type!). The first 2 mini apps should allow the extraction and execution of Wii virtual console titles direct from the SD card. We hope to be able to integrate all of this stuff into our own channel eventually. We accept that this will be a little way off, but our eventual aim is to have direct from web upgradability and auto upgrade of hackerapps. What we are hoping for is that someone picks up in a different direction and creates a media centre type app. We would be fully prepared to share the information we know about channel creation with anyone prepared to work on such a project.

If true then great but always keep an eye on our newsposts for verification on such claims.

voltorben
February 3rd, 2007, 12:11
Sounds interesting.. but VC from SD card, their own channel... sounds too good to be true!
I cant wait to see what happens, if it is true.

Kung-Fu Fetus
February 3rd, 2007, 19:58
sounds fake

Shrygue
February 3rd, 2007, 20:02
Indeed.

mwstevens
February 3rd, 2007, 20:38
I think this, and the majority of all the 'MOD chips' being released are false. Until I see a substancial amount of evidence come up from people using these (not just a 2 minute dodgy YouTube video and Johnny Blogger preaching about how he's playing Zelda from a DVD-R), I say it's b*ll*cks!

What I REALLY want is a soft-mod to allow my UK machine to access the US and JAP VC Shops, so I can get my fix of foreign retro gaming. Screw all this 'Backup' crap