PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Knights Hands-On

wraggster
February 3rd, 2007, 14:21
via ign (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/760/760942p1.html)

Last night, Konami held its annual Winter Gaming Event in San Francisco, and amidst the maelstrom of bright lights and booze, we managed to find a demo station running the final retail version of Lunar Knights. Previously, we had only been able to go through demo levels, so we were pretty excited to dig our teeth into the vampire slaying adventure. The first DS game from Kojima Productions and the spiritual successor to Boktai Lunar Knights certianly has a lot to live up to.

The game starts off (like so many games do these days) with a lengthy cut scene involving random story elements that were completely unintelligible in the context of a gaming event like this. Apparently, the game's malevolent vampires are plotting to blot out the sun with a device called paraSOL, a mechanism designed to control the weather. Of course, this would give the bloodsucking monsters free reign to roam the earth and gorge themselves on the blood of any mortals unlucky enough to get in the way.

Full article at Link above

kcajblue
February 3rd, 2007, 16:52
ill be getting this game.

Adrenalin
February 4th, 2007, 02:17
sounds pretty good.

yeahx
February 4th, 2007, 17:04
I pre-ordered mine a while ago. I hope Konami ships it out early so that it gets here on time or early. :) I've waited a while for this. I thought it was coming out last year.

Mikaa
February 6th, 2007, 21:41
Y'know, after virtually three blasted years in development, I was ready to write this thing off. What in blazes took Konami so long to get this thing out the door, considering it was one of the earliest titles on the DS release list (once listed as Boktai 3/Boktai DS)?

Seriously, there rarely is a good reason for keeping a game going that long, and unless something radical has happened (like all-new 3D game play or a massive quest), I just cannot see why it took so long.

Ranting aside, the Boktai games were quite enjoyable in their own right (and if you had an Action Replay during those dark days), but already this new one sounds more cliche than a Mega Man game plot.

Only time will tell, but I just cannot see this game doing too well. I could be wrong (and to be blunt, I hope I am - there are too few young series that survive each hardware generation, nevermind portable series), but given the real lack of publicity and the general lack of knowlege of the game (just ask someone at a general retail store, places that usually stock only the biggest sellers), I just cannot see it.