PDA

View Full Version : questions from a newbie

devilishgrin
February 3rd, 2007, 15:22
1. what is the point for downgrading my psp?

2. if im using a v3.10 firmware can i still downgrade? and what does it exactly mean to downgrade?

3. if i do downgrade, will i still be able to play with my games on the umd disk?

4. what does is mean by "psp brick", is that like your psp is totally unusable, no matter what you do you cant bring it back?

5. what does psp emulation mean?

6. what does the ta-82 motherboard have to do with this?(i have a IC1003)

7. what does flash mean?

8. ive been reading alot about ISO(at this forum)..um if i ask what does this term mean will i get banned? if so please disregard the question.

9. what does "psx" stand for?

thank you for taking time to help me.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[NOTE! please explain to this to me in ways you would explain it to a kid from the 70's. :D ]

weirdelf
February 3rd, 2007, 15:35
1.You will be able to use homebrew or emulators
2.No
3.If you then updgrade to 3.0x oe then yes
4.Your psp's intenal memory is broken and beyond repair unless you are on 3.0x oe
5.There are a lot of emulators for psp including sne, mega drive, ps1, nintendo 64 etc
6.It doesn't mean that much at the moment.

-Xandu-
February 3rd, 2007, 15:39
4. Yes
5. Specify please
6. You can't downgrade to 1.5 in a normal way
7. PSP's internal memory
9. PlayStation ONE

Nicko01
February 3rd, 2007, 18:06
4. In addition to what was said above- If you do brick and dont have SE/OE then you can get the modchip and restore your psp.
8. ISO is a format for CD images. It is commonly used as a way to run UMD's without the disk in. It is illegal and you can't talk about them here. Other formats that are the same as iso (except compressed) are .cso, and .dax. Theres is another 1 but i cant remember it right now....

devilishgrin
February 4th, 2007, 04:25
[sorry if i seem uhhh stupid.]

so basically, i cant downgrade my psp cause i upgraded it to v3.10?????:( real sad........

um, what about if i just want to put xmb themes on my psp?
is it still not possible?

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 09:22
Learn a lesson.

Do not update in the FUTURE

It will be along time for a exploit to be found as there all patched.

Kaspanova
February 4th, 2007, 18:20
9. PSX is also a popular nickname for the original PlayStation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation) video games console. The "X" appears because Sony originally developed the PlayStation as a CD-ROM and SNES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNES) hybrid unit. When the project was halted by Nintendo, Sony decided to redesign the PlayStation as a stand alone console, which was known internally as the PlayStation Experimental. The media caught wind of the name and it has stuck ever since. The PSX label understandably causes much confusion, as in many contexts it is difficult to differentiate between the PSX media center and PSX video game console.

devilishgrin
February 4th, 2007, 19:36
LOL. ill keep that in mind splodger15, i didnt know that there was a forum like this. someone from youtube referred me to this website so here iam asking all this silly question. haha.

wow very informative. thanks kasapnova

ok...um how about if i have a v3.03?
now can i downgrade or do i have to wait for some genius to do a downgrade for v.3.03/ v3.10?

[thanks to all those who replied. iam in thankful to all your knowledge.]

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 19:49
You can downgrade a 3.03 but you cannot yet downgrade a 3.10 yet

Kaspanova
February 4th, 2007, 22:14
No problem, theres a lot of misconception about the PSX. :)

devilishgrin
February 4th, 2007, 23:58
ooooooh! sweet! my other psp can still be saved.

so how do i get started? for info. i have ta-082 motherboard and a v3.03

baracki96
February 5th, 2007, 00:07
How does the OP have 3.10?! no psps that you can buy in most stores have it loaded, no games require it, it isn't benneficial feature-wise at all, and the list goes on. Many psp coders worked hard to make it so everyone could download, and until now I didn't think it was possible for some1 to screw that up. Sorry OP, but to find someone once again, after I thought it wouldn't happen for at least a few weeks, asking for a downgrader just strikes a minor-second in my soul:(

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 00:21
ooooooh! sweet! my other psp can still be saved.

so how do i get started? for info. i have ta-082 motherboard and a v3.03

Right then, I'll explain how to do it.

1 - Get the downgrader HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51865) and unpack the zip folder somewhere.

2 - Format your memory stick. If there's stuff on it, you should back it up to your PC first.

3 - In the unzipped downgrader folder, copy the PSP folder that's located inside MS_ROOT to the memory stick root.

4 - Start an unpatched UMD of GTA:LCS. An unpatched version can be identified by the serial number ULES 000-151# on the disk itself. After it loads the save data, the screen will go black and then blue. You will be returned to the XMB.

5 - Now go to Settings, System Settings and System Information to check the firmware version. If it says 3.03 HEN, you can start the downgrader.

6 - Run the downgrader called PSP™ Update ver X.YZ from the memory stick in the GAME menu. You need at least 75% battery power for it to work. If it detects you PSP is a TA-082/TA-086, it will ask you to patch your system before continuing. Accept this. Now you will be asked if you want to start the downgrade process. Press X to confirm.

If you have started the downgrading process, do not touch your PSP until it is finished and askes to restart. When you reboot it, an error screen will appear. Press O to continue Your settings will be reset and you will have to set them up as if you first got your PSP. Now all you have to do is check if you have version 1.50 under Settings, System Settings and System Information.

devilishgrin
February 5th, 2007, 01:03
How does the OP have 3.10?! no psps that you can buy in most stores have it loaded, no games require it, it isn't benneficial feature-wise at all, and the list goes on. Many psp coders worked hard to make it so everyone could download, and until now I didn't think it was possible for some1 to screw that up. Sorry OP, but to find someone once again, after I thought it wouldn't happen for at least a few weeks, asking for a downgrader just strikes a minor-second in my soul:(

im sorry to say but i dont really understand what your so sad about (can you please elaborate, as to why?)...:confused: :confused: :confused:
and what does OP mean?

as for the part that my psp has a v3.10 is because i update monthly, that is why i have a v3.10 as for the other one, i merely forgot(a good thing at that) to update it. iam glad that sony makes this update but i would like to try something new.

thanks for the guide YKB.^_^

Q: i can downgrade this til i get to a 3.0x oe firmware right?..

more questions.........

uhh, how do i understand the things that people are talking in this forum?
cause i cant seem to understand the terminologies..................................... ......

and

Q: Can Genso Suikoden I&II be translated in english? (this merely a yes or no question, even if there is a small possiblity to it being done. cause i think this falls under the do-not-talk-about-things.) cause i know for a fact that the game only comes in japanese.:(

more noob-ish questions..
Q: do i still update using sony or do i now have to rely on homebrew to do updates?

devilishgrin
February 6th, 2007, 14:57
more questions..
im still doubtful on downgrading sorry for this guys..

um i read in some threads that you need a umd disk to downgrade, more especifically you need a GTA?..
is this true?

and what are the pros and cons of downgrading? (i know i should have asked this the first time)

[please understand that i am not able to buy a new one if i get my psp bricked, cause i dont earn that much , Im not that techno-literate thats why im afraid to try. most of the time, i just feel my way thru my psp and such.]

weirdelf
February 6th, 2007, 16:43
You cannot downgrade at all on 3.10

devilishgrin
February 6th, 2007, 20:13
no no, i know one that has v3.03 firmware, and were gonna swap if ever.:D :D :D

robbytherob
February 7th, 2007, 16:26
Be real careful about downgrading at all times and read the instruction inside out.....i still haven't done mine yet because just can't get my head round it and can't afford to brick it and have to buy another one.....but this is still a great site with the downgrading/firmware things.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 7th, 2007, 19:49
go here:

http://www.psphacking101.com/node/50

its a video tutorial to show u how to downgrade

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 16:47
WHO'S ONLINE??...

please help me,, i got stuck while downgrading..
from fw3.03-1.50

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 17:05
What are you actually stuck on then.

cal360
February 25th, 2007, 17:38
how'd you get stuck and at what point if it was during the downgrade tell us what you've done

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 19:44
i dunno maybe im just freaking out my fw is now 1.50 BUT it has no network.

i tried to do the NetConfigBackup
but it always says the game cannot be started.

i dont get the read me for the NetConfigBackup, what should i do?

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 20:01
You mean no internet browser. That is because 1.50 doesnt have a internet browser

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 20:16
so im doing it correctly?

but what about the how to thing?
cause when i pressed the net it would not play.

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 20:21
What are you actually on about.

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 20:23
1.50 going to 3.10oe-a

steve-b
February 25th, 2007, 20:31
going from 1.50 to 3.10oe is easy.

First download the 3.10oe update maker and flasher program.

Next, find the 3.10 update eboot and the 1.50 update eboot.

Rename them to 310.pbp and 150.pbp

Copy them into the update maker folder without the %, then copy both the updatemaker folders and the flasher folders into the GAME folder of your psp.

Now run the update maker. Keep an eye on it, it will tell you if it creates the data.dxar file correctly or not.

Once it has finished, make sure your battery is charged up and keep your psp plugged into the charger.

Now, move the data.dxar file from the update maker folder into the flasher folder without the %.

Now run the update flasher.

When you finish the update, hold down the R button when you reboot. This will let you configure the firmware how you want it.

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 21:00
umm, someone tell me will i have internet browser once i upgrade to 3.10oe?

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 21:02
Yes you will.

devilishgrin
February 25th, 2007, 22:50
sweet!!! YAY!!! ^_^ i have a 3.10 oe-a now! thank you all for answering my noobish questions.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
February 25th, 2007, 23:07
sweet!!! YAY!!! ^_^ i have a 3.10 oe-a now! thank you all for answering my noobish questions.

yay!:thumbup: so glad to hear this. another psp use saved by the homebrew sence!:cool:

devilishgrin
February 26th, 2007, 00:22
ok now still more noobish questions..

how to customize my xmb?...
and what are the flash0/ flash 1 thinggys?

devilishgrin
April 15th, 2007, 20:37
is this possible if so how to do this?

will i still be needing the gta?

reason is because i can costumize the xmb icons.