PDA

View Full Version : PSP: 1.5 & 3.0x Custom PSP theme pack. easy and detailed installation guide included.

froggie22
February 4th, 2007, 10:41
Well this is my first release. This is simply just a few things packed with an installation guide on how to install them onto your psp. The guide will help new people alot..

Please read the readme for all instructions. VERY IMPORTANT!

It includes custom:
background - plain black
gameboot - sega
topmenu_plugin - 3D red folders (1.5 version and 3.0X version included)
font - some cool looking font (not sure of the name)
opening_plugin - external sound (windows)
wall paper - mario

This will work on v1.5 and v3.0X OE (dont use on 3.10 OE it has had problems. If you like you can try it and give feedback on if it worked)
Has only been tested on 3.03 OE-C but should work perfect on the others.
I have included topmenu_plugins for v1.5 psp's and v3.0X OE psp's.

You will need Filer or Flash Agent to do this.

Filer download: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51181

Flash Agent Download: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51001

Hallo007, Mediumguage, kgsws and I are not responsible for any bricks! this has been tested many times to make sure that it wont brick!
all you need to do if follow the instructions carefully!!! and make sure that you read them and not rush through it!!

Big thanks to Hallo007, Mediumguage and kgsws for the apps
tophead420 for the amazing font!

screenies

DOWNLOAD:

saqib154
February 4th, 2007, 15:05
nice
im going to try this

-=me=-
February 4th, 2007, 15:36
second pic's amazing

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 15:38
That custom XMB pack looks very good, especially the font and icons.

tophead420
February 4th, 2007, 17:14
uuuuuh that looks alot like the font I put in my XMBtheme a few days ago lmao and btw its the spiderman/PS3 font

moogster66
February 4th, 2007, 19:12
Very good instruction. Install was very simple. like it a lot!

Vibestar
February 4th, 2007, 20:27
gameboots alowed??? that's the first time. Can I upload mine (20)...

tophead420
February 4th, 2007, 21:15
gameboots alowed??? that's the first time. Can I upload mine (20)...
I dont think you can post gameboots or topmenu_plugins but I could be wrong. If yo want you can go to my forums and post them. I already have a few from one person. If do post them you can use them link in my sig to get to them

Chackan
February 5th, 2007, 01:33
Crap, i followed your instructions perfectly, but my PSP now reaches the XMB and just shuts down without doing anything or even the XMB icons appearing.

Is there anyway to undo the changes i have done?

kiore
February 5th, 2007, 05:43
thnx I'll try it out

froggie22
February 5th, 2007, 07:49
Crap, i followed your instructions perfectly, but my PSP now reaches the XMB and just shuts down without doing anything or even the XMB icons appearing.

Is there anyway to undo the changes i have done?

You probley flashed the wrong file.
Steps 8 and 9 need to be read very carfully
8) After it has flashed scroll down to opening_plugin.rco and press X it will come up with a menu and you MUST press TRIANGLE!!!! NOT X!!!
9) After it has flashed scroll donw to topmenu_plugin.rco and press X it will come up with the same menu this time you must press X to plash the topmenu_plugin

go into recovery and the click advanced and enable flash0 USB. place the topmenu file in that way it should be placed in VSH/Resouce/ file. that should fix your problem. asuming you are on 3.03 OE-C

Yes it is tophead i liked it soo much that i wanted to include it. credits to you for the font thanks

Riot Act
February 5th, 2007, 10:38
opening_plugin.rco- Apply the bootsound to your 1.5 PSP with flash apps that require .rco format. (ThemePSP ect...) WARNING- directly applying this file type (.rco) to a 3.0X OE firmware will disable your PS1 games. If your a 3.0X OE user, than use a compatible X-Flash to apply the bootsound with the .vag file instead.

I seen that on another forum after I already applied your stuff and sure enough my ps1 games dont work anymore. Anyone know how to make ps1 games work again after doing this?

froggie22
February 5th, 2007, 11:05
hmm weird.. all my ps1 games still work fine. im not sure on that one. Anybody else having this problem??

I will be updating the font soon i used to have a realy good one. i just need to get the font disks back off my brother and i will load up the new font

Riot Act
February 5th, 2007, 18:56
I got it fixed. I changed back to original and it worked again.

KiraPSP
February 6th, 2007, 03:16
My PSP did like Chackan's and when I reached the XMB It didn't load the icons and just shut off. I only flashed the font & topmenu.rco & black psp background with file agent and I have 3.10 OE. I followed the instructions what happened? :confused:

EDIT: nvm must of been because of i was using 3.10 OE, i recovered and did 3.03 instead and it worked

spudnewt123
February 6th, 2007, 06:22
my firking psp won't turn on any more any solutions

froggie22
February 6th, 2007, 07:38
My PSP did like Chackan's and when I reached the XMB It didn't load the icons and just shut off. I only flashed the font & topmenu.rco & black psp background with file agent and I have 3.10 OE. I followed the instructions what happened? :confused:

EDIT: nvm must of been because of i was using 3.10 OE, i recovered and did 3.03 instead and it worked
ok then thats good. i will write in the page not to use on 3.10 OE. i have not yet tried it on there because it was not released when i made this.. thanks for the info.

my firking psp won't turn on any more any solutions
Go into recovery and and then advanced and enable flash0. place the original topmenu file in VSH/resource and place the file there. if you dont have the original place the one i included in the pack. it should work..
if that doesnt work try placing the original opening_plugin in VSH/resource folder. hope this helps

juggaleaux
February 6th, 2007, 08:04
Those are pretty.

froggie22
February 6th, 2007, 08:08
i see some people are having trouble with this so if anybody has any problems atall add me on msn and i will help you as much as i can.

addy is: [email protected]
or simple email me if im not on

jak66
February 6th, 2007, 08:17
This pack will work on 3.10 OE

The only thing that won't is the topmenu_plugin.rco (That is what is causing all of these Semi-Bricks)

moogster66
February 6th, 2007, 23:09
my ps1 games won't work anymore either.

froggie22
February 7th, 2007, 11:50
i dont see y people are having trouble with ps1 games.. mine all work fine. these changes have nothing to do with ps1 game emulation. what fw are you on? i am using 3.03 OE-C and mine are working fine

moogster66
February 8th, 2007, 12:11
i was using the same firmware, 3.03 oe-c. to remedy the problem i installed 3.10 oe-a. now the ps1 games work again. of course the icons went back to the old style, but i would rather play my ps1 games than have the screen look pretty. would it have anything to do with old gamesaves? i wouldn't see why, but stranger things have happened.

froggie22
February 8th, 2007, 12:41
hmmmm i have installed a few different topmenu's on my 3.03 OE-C and none have done that. i will install it again and try to see if it does anything to my ps1 games.

EDIT: just flashed it over again and all my ps1 games work fine. i will try a few different one to see if anything changes and will post results
EDIT2: i have tried various random topmenus and all of them seemed fine to me. all my ps1 games are still working great and all the saves are working. Im not to sure what the problem is caused by that others are getting.

I just finished a clean install of 3.03 OE-C and reflashed the files. my ps1 games are still working and have not had this problem