PDA

View Full Version : Lan Adapter For Nintendo Wii

wraggster
February 4th, 2007, 13:41
New from Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=wii-lan)

http://www.divineo.co.uk/divineo/images/products/wii-lan.jpg

Link your Wii to your current network!

You’ve got a Nintendo Wii. You have a broadband internet connection on your PC. You’ve heard about all the fun things you can do online with your console. Yet when it comes to connecting your Wii to the net, you don’t know where to start. You need the Wii LAN Adapter…

With our amazing new LAN Adapter for the Nintendo Wii, you can create a wired high-speed internet connection for your console. Just plug the Adapter into your Wii, and then connect it to your PC’s DSL or Cable modem or your router using the six-foot patch cable supplied. It’s as simple as that!

Because Wii LAN Adapter uses a cable connection, it always offers a high-speed, reliable connection. It’s ideal for places where wireless connectivity isn't possible, perhaps because of thick walls or interference from other products. At last, you can enjoy uninterrupted online gaming!

Specifications & extra information

Features

Connect your Wii to the internet via cable network.
USB 2.0 connection to your Wii.
Plugs into DSL/cable modem or router.
Includes 6ft patch cable.
Faster connection than WiFi.

MadBob
February 4th, 2007, 22:39
I bought the Datel version of the LAN Adapter, I already have a Netgear (Wired) Router and connected to that a ZyXEL (Wireless) Router.

However I wanted to see if the LAN Adapter was faster and it is; although it doesn't seem a huge speed difference.

Mainly I bought it so that I have the option of connecting my laptop through the Wireless and Wii through the wired (or vice versa) not quite sure why :) it just seemed a good idea at the time.

wizwar100
August 4th, 2007, 15:55
I bought the Datel version of the LAN Adapter, I already have a Netgear (Wired) Router and connected to that a ZyXEL (Wireless) Router.

However I wanted to see if the LAN Adapter was faster and it is; although it doesn't seem a huge speed difference.

Mainly I bought it so that I have the option of connecting my laptop through the Wireless and Wii through the wired (or vice versa) not quite sure why :) it just seemed a good idea at the time.

I need help, my adapter wouldn't connect to the interent, I read the intrustruction manual and it still doesn't work, is there something wrong with the adapter or is it my network?