PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Loader is Real

wraggster
February 4th, 2007, 14:02
A lot of sites are posting news that the PS3 Iso Loader is real and to be released soon, now first off we are against any piracy but this loader could be the way in for full on homebrew on the PS3. Lets hope that the hackers crack it for homebrew asap :)

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 14:46
sweet, now im waiting for this and hope its real

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 14:48
Ah, now that's great news to hear!

The Hombrew Hunter
February 4th, 2007, 15:27
Good for the PS3.

It's gonna need homebrew.

It's a piece of junk with crappy games.

Maybe Homebrew will save it for the people who know.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
February 4th, 2007, 17:14
YAY exited indeed.

SSaxdude
February 4th, 2007, 17:41
OMG watch out for the firmware updates!

Tree
February 4th, 2007, 17:59
alrite now i no im going 2 sound stupid but what does a PS3 Iso Loader attuly do?

oafan
February 4th, 2007, 18:06
it loads your legally backedup games off the HDD but most people are just going to use this for piracy

Elven6
February 4th, 2007, 18:09
Wow cracked already, I think it beat the 360s record, correct?

Emeriastone
February 4th, 2007, 22:45
Amazing.

mavsman4457
February 4th, 2007, 22:55
This is why I am staying with 1.32 firmware. Please come out soon so I can play mario party for N64 with my brothers. Please.

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 00:28
it loads your legally backedup games off the HDD but most people are just going to use this for piracy

There really is no 'legally backed up games off your HDD'. PS3 XMB cannot read the Linux partition, which is needed to backup the games in the first place. As well, Linux cannot read the XMB partition. Judging that Linux is out of the scope of most common users, this will be a pirate's dream come true.

And no I don't think it will pave the way for homebrew.

porchemasi
February 5th, 2007, 01:07
If there is a patch to block this MOST OF US WILL update for the PS Network anyways and online play

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 01:22
There are two reasons I believe this:

1)If this could lead to homebrew, wouldn't any decent, self-respecting homebrew coder at least prove the concept with a hello world program or some other useful program? (Like was the case with the PSP; the folks over at PS2Dev.org didn't release an ISO loader on day 1 of PSP Homebrew...)

2)This could be a hardware hack and have nothing to do with software.

Emeriastone
February 5th, 2007, 04:13
I think the point being made is that hopefully, while the PS3 can load ISOs, homebrew could be made in the format of an ISO, then once it is initialized, the PS3 runs homebrew applications or programs instead of any actual ISO data (or something similar to exploit the system).

geise69
February 5th, 2007, 13:12
It would be sort of similar to homebrew on the DC or PS2. ISO's or burning to a CD-R is needed to get homebrew on those consoles. It's really the only way, unless they find a way to do it through Linux and a HD.

SSaxdude
February 5th, 2007, 15:10
It's real: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oGEcoiaO6AY

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 16:29
So its 'bootloader' homebrew... We already have LunaInvader for the PS3, which is the same kind of homebrew; it utilizes a bootable disc, and PS3 bootloader to run the game.

The only real benefit of this the fact that they unlocked aspects of the PS3 that were supposedly locked down when using bootloader. But again, they could have gone about it in another way.

Doesn't really matter much to me anyway, I keep my PS3 up to date. I play games online and updating is necessary to play online.

If and when homebrew from the XMB is hacked, then I'll be impressed.

Wysiwyg
February 5th, 2007, 17:58
Yeh I agree. When homebrew can be made to load from the XMB then give me a shout.... until then I shall stay up to date.

the_eternal_dark
February 5th, 2007, 18:53
It's real: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oGEcoiaO6AY

Interesting...

Still, it's only good for illegal purposes at the moment.

shango46
February 5th, 2007, 21:41
Thats just cool! Is there an info or expected release date or homepage? I want to know more! I dont own a PS3 yet but after seeing that it wont be long! I have a PSP with 3.02OEB ( Just for the customizations I have done ) and I cant wait to see what kind of homebrew or official $ony released interoperability between the 2. Plus, the whole loading .iso's from the hard drive is alot better than a modchip and a blu-ray burner for the crowds that want to pirate. Plus this way you don't void your warranty with opening it and can possibly return it if you mess it up ( "I don't know what happened! It just stopped working! Exchange? Yes please!":rofl: ). I am starting to wonder if $ony is doing this on purpose. Maybe Dark_AleX is an employee, just releasing these custom firmwares made by himself when $ony tells/pays him so sales go up for homebrew users buying the console for homebrew purposes. Now we have FERROX for the PS3 releasing a utility because UPS "accidentally" gave him at his house, instead of the game company in a professional building if not its own building, a PS3 development kit? And the chances that he actually knew what it was and how to use it enough to make something like this? 1 in 9999999999999999999999999999.... you get the point, right? I am still very skeptical about this as we all know there is some a**holes out there that like to release videos/pictures on YouTube or other places of modchips or bootloaders or some way to enable pirating or homebrew ( Especially the Wii! That fake bootloader video got my hopes up so much and then ...FAKE! ).

All I can really say is until this is released and confirmed working, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP!

But if it is real and FERROX exists by some fluke, Thank you and keep up the good work!

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 22:10
Thats just cool! Is there an info or expected release date or homepage? I want to know more! I dont own a PS3 yet but after seeing that it wont be long! I have a PSP with 3.02OEB ( Just for the customizations I have done ) and I cant wait to see what kind of homebrew or official $ony released interoperability between the 2. Plus, the whole loading .iso's from the hard drive is alot better than a modchip and a blu-ray burner for the crowds that want to pirate. Plus this way you don't void your warranty with opening it and can possibly return it if you mess it up ( "I don't know what happened! It just stopped working! Exchange? Yes please!":rofl: ). I am starting to wonder if $ony is doing this on purpose. Maybe Dark_AleX is an employee, just releasing these custom firmwares made by himself when $ony tells/pays him so sales go up for homebrew users buying the console for homebrew purposes. Now we have FERROX for the PS3 releasing a utility because UPS "accidentally" gave him at his house, instead of the game company in a professional building if not its own building, a PS3 development kit? And the chances that he actually knew what it was and how to use it enough to make something like this? 1 in 9999999999999999999999999999.... you get the point, right? I am still very skeptical about this as we all know there is some a**holes out there that like to release videos/pictures on YouTube or other places of modchips or bootloaders or some way to enable pirating or homebrew ( Especially the Wii! That fake bootloader video got my hopes up so much and then ...FAKE! ).

All I can really say is until this is released and confirmed working, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP!

But if it is real and FERROX exists by some fluke, Thank you and keep up the good work!

Piracy is bad and hardly anything good will come of this. The only plus side to this is the fact that the PS3's capabilities were unlocked with this bootloader.

And next time you wish to post, please take some ritalin; its as though you forgot what you were posting about after the first sentence...

Really annoying. :mad:

mavsman4457
February 6th, 2007, 21:11
Piracy is bad and hardly anything good will come of this. The only plus side to this is the fact that the PS3's capabilities were unlocked with this bootloader.

And next time you wish to post, please take some ritalin; its as though you forgot what you were posting about after the first sentence...

Really annoying. :mad:

I agree that the kid must have ADD. I heard that Paradox will release their ISO loader once the Euro Launch comes so that is the date that I am waiting for. Also, I was just thinking, the ultimate exploit would be an exploit that allows full access to the PS3's power which could then be implemented in a custom made Linux distro that enables the user to play PS3 games in Linux and gives the user access to the RSX and all the power of the PS3 thus making all homebrew possible.