PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 3.11 to come on/before February 9th, I guess

wraggster
February 4th, 2007, 15:05
via pspvault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article848.psp)

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has posted a notice at their site for the Game Archives title "R-TYPES" that states the game will freeze when "R'S LIBRARY Ver.1.0" is selected from the game's menu.

More importantly for us PSP owners, however, is that the release goes on to state:
"Also, this phenomenon does not occur when using System Software version 3.10. These symptons will be addressed with a System Update to be released in the second week of February (Feb. 5 ~ Feb. 9)."

So there you have it. My money is on "3.11" for the firmware number, since it doesn't seem as though it will contain any real updates and only intends to fix issues with this particular title.

Another release for hackers to crack eh

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 15:10
God, version 3.10 was out a few days ago. Now possibly 3.11 a week later? Astounding...

scottyboynow
February 4th, 2007, 15:39
Terrible how they bring one out every 5 minutes, wraggy can you move a little thing in the submit news forum.

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 15:42
I bet it has revisions to strengthen security

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 15:47
of course, more security, what elso does sony dont do

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 16:03
SCE have always put security patches in every single update. I've personally never seen an update that wouldn't have that.

Yobumtin
February 4th, 2007, 16:20
Sony's gotta focus on what the customer wants. All these new firmwares with security patches are just bringing disappointment. They aren't giving a really good reason for people to ditch the golden firmwares. (Well really what I want is a new custom firmware).

LilSwish722
February 4th, 2007, 17:32
OMG this is rediculous. this would make the 18th firmware.

emuking
February 4th, 2007, 19:42
so many features wasted on security how sad :(

M Dash
February 4th, 2007, 22:26
I didn't know there was R-TYPE for PSP! O.o

jonezybaby
February 5th, 2007, 21:28
R-Types is a PSX game

Veskgar
February 5th, 2007, 22:11
I'm all for improvements to the PSX EMU part of the firmware. Its interesting how for so long, PSP firmware updates were hated but now we sort of rely and look forward to them. That is if Dark_AleX plans on continuing to adapt his custom firmware.