PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Legend Of Zelda - Quest Of Link

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 18:13
Via ZionMax.com (http://zionmax.com)

Legend Of Zelda - Quest Of Link alpha 1

Seen as my psp is briked i can no longer work on this until its unbricked so i have decided to show you all how it is so far.

I wanted way more than this in the first demo release but cant now my only psp is briked.
Im gutted about having to release it at this earlier than expected stage

Anyway what this game contains :

Coded Movie Intro
Menu
Sword Attacks
Blocking (shield)
Character Ineraction
a lot of effects and animations.
+ More

Not a lot in there but its past the standard of my previous zelda game (linkens quest)

and everything works great and is very pro.

Please download and enjoy :p

Also please do me the curtosy of not copying my ideas in your game. it took me ages to do this and think of all these ideas and i will be pissed if i see my ideas ripped off.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/screenshot4.JPG

All sprites were hand made by paiku, backgrounds are nintendos from minish cap

Download (& More Screenshots) & Give Feedback Via Comments

scottyboynow
February 4th, 2007, 18:15
Yes, WoooHoooo!

V3N0M
February 4th, 2007, 18:15
Good job! Lots of improvement since the version you showed me Zion! If you need help continuing this game I'm will to help you out. Altho I've been busy with my own games at the moment. Well anyways I hope you can fix your PSP or get a new one.

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 18:16
I'll DL from the homepage. I feel bad for you bro!

quzar
February 4th, 2007, 18:19
It's sad that you choose to show homage by stealing intellectual property.

-Xandu-
February 4th, 2007, 18:20
Downloading right away!

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 18:21

what :confused:

blackrave
February 4th, 2007, 18:23
Great job, Zion, I'm gonna try it. I thought you got some PSPs donated to you?

Good luck continuing with this! :)

SSaxdude
February 4th, 2007, 18:29

He means you stole the idea of Zelda from Nintendo.
Doesn't matter to me, I think homebrew games based off commercial games are cool.

SpooForBrains
February 4th, 2007, 18:30

I don't have a huge problem with that part, it's saying "Also please do me the curtosy of not copying my ideas in your game. it took me ages to do this and think of all these ideas and i will be pissed if i see my ideas ripped off." when releasing a game based entirely on someone else's games that strikes me as somewhat hypocritical.

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 18:35
Ah good, it's finally released. I'll download this right now! Keep up the good work Zion!

quzar
February 4th, 2007, 18:35

You even say yourself that you are pissed when your ideas are ripped off. What about the ideas of the original creators of the legend of zelda, or the artists who made the art you appropriated for your work?

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 18:38
suppose, but please dont turn this into a flamewar thread, i didnt work my ass off to see my release tarnished with unimportant issues.

do me a favour and give me a break

watupgroupie
February 4th, 2007, 18:39
You even say yourself that you are pissed when your ideas are ripped off. What about the ideas of the original creators of the legend of zelda, or the artists who made the art you appropriated for your work?
Don't you think your being a little harsh it took him months to code this and all by himeself. The zelda games are made by a whole team of artists and coders. This was by one person (well not all the art) and a lot of heart and devotion went into this so show some respect because i want to see what you've ever made! Oh and thank you zion i've been waiting for this ever since it was announced. Good Job!!

quzar
February 4th, 2007, 18:40
unimportant issues.

You are the one that brought it up by telling people not to copy 'your' work.

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 18:41

So why mention this now and in this thread when the same can be said about the majority of homebrew. Kicking a man while he's down is pretty unfair.

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 18:45
Nice Work Zion Keep it up.

Oh and quzar keep your opinions to yourself

kelvinwu
February 4th, 2007, 18:52
Yea keep it up Zion

S34MU5
February 4th, 2007, 18:54
Mmmm might give it a shot.

Havn't played my PSP in a while.

It would look better if the room link(en) was in was centered on the screen....

but well done, and i think if it was posted on qj i dont think there would be flameage again.

Hungry Horace
February 4th, 2007, 18:56

consider it an "homage" or "pastiche" if you prefer.

it's like with stories... apparently there's only 7 you can tell anyway, the rest are all just variants of those.

maybe there's on really 7 types of computer game.

whilst yes, Zion could have made a zelda game that had new characters, back-story, etc - that would have meant adding even more man-hours into the project.

intead, he's used the basic idea / precmise and spent his time and effort adapting his own unique elements into it... it's merely these that he doesnt want blatently stolen. can you really blame him for that?

cal360
February 4th, 2007, 18:57
I've been looking forward to a release of this

Mr. Shizzy
February 4th, 2007, 18:59

Wow. Flaming a respected coder. Real nice...

D0N
February 4th, 2007, 19:02
Nice work Zion..keep it up! :thumbup:

Airdevil
February 4th, 2007, 19:08
zion.... didnt u ask for donations for a new psp a while ago?

is this the psp that u got?.... if so then thats money well spent!

Vega
February 4th, 2007, 19:10
Great job, keep it up zion. Awesome work.

And I really can't see what your problem is Quzar. Its homebrew based on a commercial game. Why is it so hard to digest?

You say "Its sad that you show homage by strealing intellectual property"

I think that is hypocritical. Surely you wouldnt call Dark Alex a hypocrite? Yet isnt it fair to say that he is showing homage by stealing intellectual property? I.E Popstation.

What about the many releases of mario games and SmashGP, are these coders stealing intellectual poroperty by copying these games? I think you would say no any other day. I find it sad that a coder gets attacked simply because of something stupid like a personal vendetta, or whatever your reason is.

emuking
February 4th, 2007, 19:22

dont worry man its a fanmade game as long as he makes no profit on this game he will be okay, i mean come on we all dl the roms of the real games, so how bad can it be to make a fanmade game of your favorite game series, i say its worse to steal art than it is to make fanart if that made any sense :)

scarph
February 4th, 2007, 19:23
The real question is, who cares what Horace thinks?

emuking
February 4th, 2007, 19:28
You are the one that brought it up by telling people not to copy 'your' work.

quzar how come you always have to start a flame war, you did this before with me when i wouldn't agree with you on another past thread so you banned me :mad:
you really are way to harsh and judgemental and should probaly be relieved of your position, also try and diss every other coder who bases their work of every other game, you'll find plenty and good luck to getting them to stop :rofl: , more than half of this thread agrees with me that your being harsh to put it bluntly

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 19:29

I care, because I have a hell of a lot of respect for Horace. The REAL real question is this.
After a recent thread where he quoted an imaginary bible, who the f**k cares what scarph thinks.

Edit: Quzar, maybe an apology is in order?

seanp2500
February 4th, 2007, 19:43
Hey! First let me say I do a lot of Mugen/Xmugen stuff and yes someone who creates something original based on a companies copyrighted character is still their original work and they derver their wishes respected with that said

Sir, how on earth did you brick your psp due to dark Alex? I thought I did once and I simply reflashed 1.50 eboot using recovery mode. I hope you are aware of this. Or is recovery mode gone when you hold down right shoulder boot as you boot?

Hungry Horace
February 4th, 2007, 19:51

wow - another gem of genius there... perhaps people who actually want to hear a different opinion on the topic?

how about actually commenting on the threads topic rather than just trolling me? i believe what you are doing there is against forum rules in fact.

you must have a pretty shallow mentality to hold such a grudge all this time "scarphy boy"

why dont you go away, grow up, and come back when you've something relevant to say?

i've already commented on what i think of this topic, and dont want it turning into a multi-layered flame-war. Zion has put a lot of hard work into this project, and i know he's somewhat gutted to have to release it in its current state. So how about everyone do something useful, like play the damn game and give the man some constructive feedback?

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 19:55
Great work Zion, im gonna try it soon! Keep it up and dont be discouraged by flamers,etc., although they do have a point that this is a zelda fan-game and the idea is taken strait from someone elses game so its not really fair to stress that you dont want people copying your idea. The game looks great tho and im really exited to play it. GREAT JOB!

As for the 'flamers', thanks for the tips on what not to say when(if ever) i release my zelda tribute(fyi, probably not any time in the next month)...

Via ZionMax.com (http://zionmax.com)

Seen as my psp is briked (thanks Dark_Alex)

WOAH, no need to take a swing at DaX here man. I honestly feel really bad that you bricked your psp but dont go blaming people. It's your choice it you want to use his work or not and he does warn of a possibility of of bricking your psp.

is it a bad sign if i dont know what these works mean and im taking my SAT soon:o ...?

Hungry Horace
February 4th, 2007, 20:03
is it a bad sign if i dont know what these works mean and im taking my SAT soon:o ...?

nah - i doubt it!! although i have no idea to what level SAT's are meant to be at!

just to clear things up;

Homage - Homage is generally used in modern English to mean any public show of respect to someone to whom one feels indebted. In this sense, a reference within a creative work to someone who greatly influenced the artist would be an homage.

Pastiche - The term denotes a literary technique using a generally light-hearted tongue-in-cheek imitation of another's style; although joking, it is usually respectful (as opposed to parody, which is not).

both of which i think could be said to apply in some sense to Zion's work.

zx-81
February 4th, 2007, 20:04
Awesome work Zion, your game looks very nice ! please, ignore those flamers ... and keep it up ...

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 20:11
nah - i doubt it!! although i have no idea to what level SAT's are meant to be at!

just to clear things up;

Homage - Homage is generally used in modern English to mean any public show of respect to someone to whom one feels indebted. In this sense, a reference within a creative work to someone who greatly influenced the artist would be an homage.

Pastiche - The term denotes a literary technique using a generally light-hearted tongue-in-cheek imitation of another's style; although joking, it is usually respectful (as opposed to parody, which is not).

both of which i think could be said to apply in some sense to Zion's work.

Kool, Thanx :D

scarph
February 4th, 2007, 20:13
well who's to say if it's a good game, it may be a bad game.

There's really nothing wrong with taking the zelda theme, but then to say don't take my ideas, you could do without that.

Vega
February 4th, 2007, 20:16

play it ??

Apoklepz
February 4th, 2007, 20:28
Congratulations on your release! Well done, bro. I'll download this as soon as I get back home.

quzar
February 4th, 2007, 20:30
Wow. Flaming a respected coder. Real nice...

That was most certainly not flaming.

quzar how come you always have to start a flame war, you did this before with me when i wouldn't agree with you on another past thread so you banned me :mad:

Neither I, nor any other currently acting member of staff has ever banned somebody due to simply disagreeing with them. If you were banned, you broke the rules of the forum, repeatedly or severely. Ban evasion, is also a bannable offense, by the way.

Edit: Quzar, maybe an apology is in order?

How so? I did not insult him, nor his work, I'm sure he has done a great job. I was simply expressing my opinion that he should not have used art that did not belong to him (and that it is legally dubious, hence the use of the term steal).

how about actually commenting on the threads topic rather than just trolling me? i believe what you are doing there is against forum rules in fact.

Good point, thanks for making it more obvious.

rbervoets
February 4th, 2007, 20:31
can u actually walk out the front door?

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 20:33
I was wondering about that too....

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 20:34

There's really nothing wrong with taking the zelda theme, but then to say don't take my ideas, you could do without that.
play it ??

lol, well said

Zion,
just tried it, GREAT JOB! um, this might be a really bad time to ask and it might not be wise to ask all together, but... When you say you dont want people stealing your ideas, what exactly does that include? ive been working on my own zelda game for psp and i like how you did the area images, and a few other things. i already have all the graphics i need so im not taking yours but do you mind if i use some of your programming techniques in my game? i'll certainly give you credit for them. thanx, -AbE

dagger89
February 4th, 2007, 20:42
Err, it's your fault for bricking your PSP, not Dark_AleX's... Don't be a douche and point the blame when it's your fault you screwed something up with a downgrade or custom firmware...

Learn to take responsiblity for your own screw ups... If thousands of others used an app and it worked without a hitch, I can hardly call it the dev's fault...

adamespi
February 4th, 2007, 20:50
how the hell do i get throgh the front door i have been trying ages

Hungry Horace
February 4th, 2007, 20:51
lol, well said
Zion,
just tried it, GREAT JOB! um, this might be a really bad time to ask and it might not be wise to ask all together, but... When you say you dont want people stealing your ideas, what exactly does that include? ive been working on my own zelda game for psp and i like how you did the area images, and a few other things. i already have all the graphics i need so im not taking yours but do you mind if i use some of your programming techniques in my game? i'll certainly give you credit for them. thanx, -AbE

to me that sounds like the fair way of doing things.

i havent had time to try this yet (i've been in the studio all day) but i'm guessing Zion was referring to certain little "traits" that his game that these style of RPGs dont usually have? (i hate calling it an RPG - it's not Dungeon Master!!)

i'm always one to encourage cross-pollenation between coders and other artists, so perhaps you could team up with Zion directly, and inter-link your projects?

this saves any "uproar" about where ideas / techniques have come from, and allows a better end-product as more people demonstate their abilities in specific areas.

you might be able to bering a fresh angle to Zion's project that he hadnt considered, and vice-versa.

there's never any harm in discussing such matters... i think Zion was only going to be annoyed if next week a game exactly like his came out but with a new gfx set! (and someone claiming it to be "all theirs")

@ quzar - i couldnt tell if your comment to me was sarcastic or not! (oh well, the end-result was the same ;) )

edit; funnily enough, reading back, i've had a thought......

from definition of homage - a reference within a creative work to someone who greatly influenced the artist would be an homage.

it's a bit hard to show homage and NOT steal intellectual property (to some extent) when you think about it.

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 20:54
Err, it's your fault for bricking your PSP, not Dark_AleX's... Don't be a douche and point the blame when it's your fault you screwed something up with a downgrade or custom firmware...

Learn to take responsiblity for your own screw ups... If thousands of others used an app and it worked without a hitch, I can hardly call it the dev's fault...

Please keep your comments to your ****ing self. No one else gives two shits about what you think.

quzar
February 4th, 2007, 20:57
to me that sounds like the fair way of doing things.

I agree, which is why I'm puzzled by the fact that everyone here seems to think that all homebrew authors are deserving of that respect (and even money, donations, free psps, etc) while those behind commercial works are not.

@ quzar - i couldnt tell if your comment to me was sarcastic or not! (oh well, the end-result was the same ;) )

It was in earnest. By the way, in case anybody were to pester about it, I did not simply ban him, all I did was give him a warning. He had however passed the maximum number of allowed warning points, and so was automatically temporarily banned.

edit: as for your edited addon: there is a difference between fuzzy-line IP theft, and blatant. Naming the game Legend of Zelda, hrm questionable, but it is clearly fan made, so whatever. Making gameplay almost identical, as you said, there are few game archtypes. Using art taken directly from the game you intend to mimic, too far.

It happens all the time, it's usually tolerated because the companies that own the IP know about it and could throw out C&Ds if they wanted to. Thats why this isn't taken down. I posted about this in specific because of the fact that Zion specifically stated he didn't want others to steal 'his' ideas. What audacity.

adamespi
February 4th, 2007, 20:57
how i get out of door

Tetris999
February 4th, 2007, 20:58
Good work

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 21:08
By steal i only meant stuff like my intro menu idea etc obviously anyone can make a zelda game i think its pretty obvious of the new things that arent usually in a zelda game :p

thanks to everyone who enjoyed it,

dagger89
February 4th, 2007, 21:08
Please keep your comments to your ****ing self. No one else gives two shits about what you think.

Another bonehead who takes the side of Zion... It's his fault it was bricked, not DA, did Dark_AleX run the program on the PSP? I doubt it...

Oh, and for the record, I can say whatever the **** I want, I don't need some bonehead backseat mod trying to tell me off...

adamespi
February 4th, 2007, 21:11
how i get out of door or that that the end of the game

emuking
February 4th, 2007, 21:11
That was most certainly not flaming.

Neither I, nor any other currently acting member of staff has ever banned somebody due to simply disagreeing with them. If you were banned, you broke the rules of the forum, repeatedly or severely. Ban evasion, is also a bannable offense, by the way.

How so? I did not insult him, nor his work, I'm sure he has done a great job. I was simply expressing my opinion that he should not have used art that did not belong to him (and that it is legally dubious, hence the use of the term steal).

Good point, thanks for making it more obvious.

quzar just apologize for being misunderstood so that there is no flame war, anyways great game but can you walk out the door :confused:

adamespi
February 4th, 2007, 21:15
i dont think you can cos look on the furniture file there is just his house

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 21:18
Another bonehead who takes the side of Zion... It's his fault it was bricked, not DA, did Dark_AleX run the program on the PSP? I doubt it...

Oh, and for the record, I can say whatever the **** I want, I don't need some bonehead backseat mod trying to tell me off...

I would rather take the side of Zion. Instead of a ****ing noob like you.

dagger89
February 4th, 2007, 21:24
Oh no, called a noob by some guy with 3131 posts on an internet forum, o whatever will I do? Oh, that's right, not give a damn...

Insults from a teen with no life and friends on an internet forum, so insulting... **** off

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 21:29
dagger89, if you don't stop flaming you risk getting banned.

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 21:30
No you cant walk out of the door :p

i was working on that next but then the brickage happpened :(

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 21:32
Oh no, called a noob by some guy with 3131 posts on an internet forum, o whatever will I do? Oh, that's right, not give a damn...

Insults from a teen with no life and friends on an internet forum, so insulting... **** off

Wow so immature for a grown adult. Hmmm

back to school should do the trick.

jimjamjahaa
February 4th, 2007, 21:32

if i understand right, the only "stolen" thing is the trademark of "zelda"

and even that isnt theft

if all the sprites and source are original, then there is no ip theft here

edit: actually, trademarks are IP but big whoop. if ninty didnt like it, they could ask him to stop using it, but they do like it because it increaces the popularity of their franchise

tsurumaru
February 4th, 2007, 21:33
Why is it that an many new release threads there seems to be so much tension and flaming?

I can see the point that people are making about Zion's phrasing of the use of IP but similarly he did state that the game was a WIP. Perhaps his plan was that they could eventually be replaced and are currently only place holder? Who knows, but Zion himself.

Please, everyone just take a chill pill..... ;)

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 21:34
No you cant walk out of the door :p

i was working on that next but then the brickage happpened :(

Ah okay...thanks for saying. I just hope you can get another PSP soon and continue this good looking game!

Hungry Horace
February 4th, 2007, 21:36
I would rather take the side of Zion. Instead of a ****ing noob like you.

play nicely children.

we've already had one banning off the back of this thread.

lets not make it 3.

Quzar - i certainly see your point, but i also see Zion's... (i dont genuinely believe he was asking ppl not to rip-off the elemets of his game that is a take from Zelda! - rather those parts he has bought into the mix)

the whole IP thing is definately a messy grey area, and perhaps what was said wasnt always done with the best of phrasing, but i think there needs to be no beef here regarding the matter.

lets all move on and enjoy this bit of homebrew, and hope it doesnt go without development too long.

splodger15
February 4th, 2007, 21:40
Who got banned. In this thread

Edit - I saw scarph was banned then is that permanent

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 21:45
omfg, cant everyone just chill out!?!?!? why does everyone here feel the need to flame??? for shame!

Tetris999
February 4th, 2007, 21:55
Ok let me elborate on this whole steal the art thing

Now quzar said
"It's sad that you choose to show homage by stealing intellectual property."

yes very good choice of words, but infact they are pretty off

To start there are many, many games being released. Some people, who are what we call "fans" decide they want to make a type of clone of the game. Now the person does take art work from the original game to make the game. So far so good. the person is, obviously not using it for any commercial benfit rather its enjoyment. Now Nintendo does copyright there things, but how come there are so many flash games and other types of games that may be familiar to the original. Well if i could explain this in the ending credits of any nintendo game it says " the game, music and something else, i need find out what it says is copyrighted by nintendo" now if we go into this copyright, it only applies to if the person uses the actual game for commercial benefit S-O what zion has done here was make a clone of zelda, true he used the art work
but, nevertheless he did code it all. Now what he did was use art, am i correct?YES
He did use the concept of the game am i correct? YES, BUT is he selling to us? NO

AND DID HE START THE CODING OF THE GAME HIMSELF? Y-E-S

There is no commercial game being made here, some ripped graphics of a game, which are copyrighted only against commercial use, So everbody lets use our common sense please, give the credit for the coding of this game, whereas u dont need to say "great artwork zion"

This is zions game, just not his graphics

So in the end my freind quzar, what you said was very futile, i must describe it as stupid

and if you are trying to provide insight on a game, saying its artwork is ripped is very obvious and its not like anyone can think for themselves

And if im not blind zion gave CREDITS for the SPRITES

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 21:56
sigh, i cant ever seem to release anything without it turning into a flamewar :mad:

im getting really sick of it.

i think only about 5 comments out of the 65 were from people who tested the game and left feedback :(

yaustar
February 4th, 2007, 21:57

Now quzar said

To start there are many, many games being released. Some people, who are what we call "fans" decide they want to make a type of clone of the game. Now the person does take art work from the original game to make the game. So far so good. the person is, obviously not using it for any commercial benfit rather its enjoyment. Now Nintendo does copyright there things, but how come there are so many flash games and other types of games that may be familiar to the original. Well if i could explain this in the ending credits of any nintendo game it says " the game, music and something else, i need find out what it says is copyrighted by nintendo" now if we go into this copyright, it only applies to if the person uses the actual game for commercial benefit S-O what zion has done here was make a clone of zelda, true he used the art work
but, nevertheless he did code it all. Now what he did was use art, am i correct?YES
He did use the concept of the game am i correct? YES, BUT is he selling to us? NO

There is no commercial game being made here, some ripped graphics of a game, which are copyrighted only against commercial use, So everbody lets use our common sense please, give the credit for the coding of this game, whereas u dont need to say "great artwork zion"

So in the end my freind quzar, what you said was very futile, i must describe it as stupid

and if you are trying to provide insight on a game, saying its artwork is ripped is very obvious and its not like anyone can think for themselves
Copyrighted means that the work is copyrighted for ALL usage (commercial or not) unless otherwise specified which it isn't at "the end of games". However, you might be able to argue for "Fair usage" as described here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

That is besides the point since the original point was for Intellectual Property was infringed, NOT Copyright.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

Zion: Honestly, there isn't much to test. You can work around, there is some animation and you can interact with characters. There isn't any gameplay to give feedback on. I can't even comment on the code since you compiled it (yes I know I can decompile it but I really don't have the time to translate several thousand of lines of Lua instructions to Lua code).

Tetris999
February 4th, 2007, 21:58
sigh, i cant ever seem to release anything without it turning into a flamewar :mad:

im getting really sick of it.

i think only about 5 comments out of the 65 were from people who tested the game and left feedback :(

im sorry, my feed back zion

Yes very good job it feels like im playing a new zelda game, just with lots of bugs :p

zion please, the world is huge and there will ALWAYS be flamers

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 21:59
im sorry, my feed back zion

Yes very good job it feels like im playing a new zelda game, just with lots of bugs :p

bugs :eek:

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 22:00
im very sorry to see this, its just shame....
zion, dont feel that way, just ignore and keep on going what you do, i admire you no matter what.... besides you blocked me on msn -.-'

Tetris999
February 4th, 2007, 22:02
Copyrighted means that the work is copyrighted for ALL usage unless otherwise specificed which it isn't at "the end of games". However, you might be able to argue for "Fair usage" as described here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

That is besides the point since the original point was for Intellectual Property was infringed, NOT Copyright.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

Yes i agree with this i guess it is about Intellectual property, then again if such actions have to be taken against zion, it would be carried out by nintendo, and accusing him for the infrigment will prove to be nothing unless nintendo wants to do something about it

Please now enjoy the game, you dont have to pick at the laws about it

What you accuse is not doing anything, and if we want something to be done, nintendo must do it

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 22:03
im very sorry to see this, its just shame....
zion, dont feel that way, just ignore and keep on going what you do, i admire you no matter what.... besides you blocked me on msn -.-'

na i formatted my pc and lost your msn :eek:

And Nintendo Come and get me, im so scared :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 22:05
na i formatted my pc and lost your msn :eek:

-.- oh well, i believe:thumbup:

yaustar
Please now enjoy the game, you dont have to pick at the laws about it
Then don't bring them up in a thread especially when you quote mis-information. I am not accusing anything, just correcting your infromation.

Now quzar said

And if im not blind zion gave CREDITS for the SPRITES

Tetris999
bugs :eek:

Shoulda went into more detail, i expect bugs because its an alpha, im playing to see if there are bugs

Oh and yaustar, im defending against such allegations, and such, i do not wish to bring these accusations up myself if i must say

and yes, thank you for correcting me

Vega
February 4th, 2007, 22:08
What you accuse is not doing anything, and if we want something to be done, nintendo must do it

Agreed. Though the internet is always going to be full of hypocrites who will make it their only mission to force copyright jibberish at coders, yet these same people download many roms and iso's. Its a damn shame that people cant enjoy the product instead of making deliberate posts intended to start a flamewar over something that they basically have no control over and can not do anything about.

BTW Zion, you already got my feedback on MSN :D

mr_nick666
February 4th, 2007, 22:14

Im not sure in all the time Ive been here Ive ever seen you post a constructive comment :(

More people than seem to care what you think Id say... :rolleyes: You changed your user name but not your attitude :(

Quzar, maybe an apology is in order?

:rofl: And monkeys might fly out of my butt! :rolleyes:

Awesome work Zion, your game looks very nice ! please, ignore those flamers ... and keep it up ...

/\ /\ THIS is what counts :) The comment from a truly respected coder :D

Keep up the great work Zion :thumbup: This is shaping up to be a great game (its amazing considering its in LUA! :eek:)

Dont let the b*stards grind you down ;)

Tetris999
February 4th, 2007, 22:18
All of this arguing is very stupid, people are saying the people who made tetris as a game for the xbox, and all those other systems should say such company's should be sued as you could relate to a game that is being made for fun...

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 22:25
Hopefully this will be the final point on this subject.
It's a damn shame when a DCEmu STAFF member's commnets have, intentionally or unintentionally, caused a huge flame-fest and the said member of staff will not even retract the malice that was in the comment. Whether the malice was intended or not is irrelevant, the fact is the comment could be, and was taken as offensive by more than a few members. An apology, if not a retraction of this comment, should be issued. The bottom line is the comment made is true about the majority of all homebrew on the majority of systems, but this thread was chosen to vent it. All ways out, that is unfair and whoever made the comment should be accountable.
This is the first time I can remember being dissappointed in any DCEmu staff member.

pspfan
February 4th, 2007, 22:50
Good job and all, but there was one thing about your post that REALLY pissed me off!!

Seen as my psp is briked (thanks Dark_Alex)

First off, Dark_Alex is a LEGENDARY dev, far better than you. Second, HE didn't brick it, YOU bricked it. Third, there is a warning about possible bricking, that YOU agreed to.

Do NOT blame Dark_Alex, blame yourself, you probably didn't take all the necessary precautions, and if you did, you still have to remember that you agreed to accept the responsibility.

Like I said, Dark_Alex is a great dev. He doesn't need this crap from you. You should respect him, not diss him because YOU bricked your PSP.

Baboon
February 4th, 2007, 22:52
Ah happy days. Its good to know that the homebrew community is so luved up right now! lol ...for a minute there i thought i had logged onto the wrong forum with all the cat fights going on? lol

back on topic this looks a very good early release, i'll give it a blast some time tomorrow. :)

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 22:54
Good job and all, but there was one thing about your post that REALLY pissed me off!!

First off, Dark_Alex is a LEGENDARY dev, far better than you. Second, HE didn't brick it, YOU bricked it. Third, there is a warning about possible bricking, that YOU agreed to.

Do NOT blame Dark_Alex, blame yourself, you probably didn't take all the necessary precautions, and if you did, you still have to remember that you agreed to accept the responsibility.

Like I said, Dark_Alex is a great dev. He doesn't need this crap from you. You should respect him, not diss him because YOU bricked your PSP.

two words : Piss Off

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 22:55
zion,. does the recovery appear? if it does, i can urgently help you

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 22:56
no im afraid not

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 22:58
you sure? press and hold r trigger to see, when off and reseted

pspfan
February 4th, 2007, 23:02
two words : Piss Off

You used to have my respect, and I liked your previous games including the old Zelda one. I was even looking forward to this one (and I said you did a good job on it in my post). However, I no longer respect you because you are dissing a great developer, probably the most influential one in the PSP scene, the one who enables people to play homebrew like yours. Obviously it sucks when your PSP bricks, but it's not Dark_Alex's fault. You accepted responsiblity when you agreed to the warning agreement.

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 23:03
yep just wont enter it :(

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 23:06
pspfan, the flame-war is OVER. plz dont start it back up, for everyone's sake

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 23:08
oh dear

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 23:09
pspfan, the flame-war is OVER. plz dont start it back up, for everyone's sake

That's right, keep this thread on topic rather than derailing it again.

darkpoetjk
February 4th, 2007, 23:09
LOL I've had a 1.5 to begin with and have upgraded and downgraded all throught the spectrum... ever since Dark_Alex's firmware I haven't HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM... his stuff is pretty much idiot proof and if you bricked you prob downloaded the crap that WASN"T 100% From Dark Alex... so shame on you.. I'm gonna chill here and enjoy 3.10 and not support you POS Zelda game.. I'm playing the GBA Minish Cap who needs your crap? Dark ALex almost quit dev before because of lil shits like you who can't read 3 simple steps and blame their shit on him..

Understandable
February 4th, 2007, 23:10
This looks really good gonna check it out

Vega
February 4th, 2007, 23:13
LOL I've had a 1.5 to begin with and have upgraded and downgraded all throught the spectrum... ever since Dark_Alex's firmware I haven't HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM... his stuff is pretty much idiot proof and if you bricked you prob downloaded the crap that WASN"T 100% From Dark Alex... so shame on you.. I'm gonna chill here and enjoy 3.10 and not support you POS Zelda game.. I'm playing the GBA Minish Cap who needs your crap? Dark ALex almost quit dev before because of lil shits like you who can't read 3 simple steps and blame their shit on him..

:rolleyes: why bother? you have officially wriiten the dumbest second post ever. congratulations .

Cap'n 1time
Nice work! I really wish you would use this code and come up with some original artwork and what not though. It would be cool to see this type of game done without any relationship to zelda other than the "engine". Over all, this is a respectable alpha release in my opinion (though I do wish you had stuck with the original plan of using homebrew sprites and tiles :)).

Also, whether you want to or not, you all WILL treat quzar or any other moderator with respect. I am not suggesting that you may not defend yourself, but anything that looks to me like a flame will lead to a infraction.

Zion

well i certainly dont need your crap., feck off back to qj, its shits like you who make coders leave the scene for flaming, not me.

i used it as it was advised, it reset to the xmb, i restarted my psp and it was briked, i fail to see how that was my fault.

and thanks capn1time :D

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 23:15
well i certainly dont need your crap., feck off back to qj, its shits like you who make coders leave the scene for flaming, not me.

i used it as it was advised, it reset to the xmb, i restarted my psp and it was briked, i fail to see how that was my fault

hm.... thats odd

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 23:18

dammit, im outta here. not in the mood for more flaming.
parting note: leave this forum, darkpoetjk. and plz dont come back, you're highly unwanted here.

Cap'n 1time
February 4th, 2007, 23:34
and thanks capn1time :D

No problem, but like quzar, I feel that the use of commercial, ripped sprites and tiles dont belong in a homebrew game. I would really really like to see you implement your own sprites and tiles as you near completion of this project.

From what I understand you have a great group of graphics people working with you on this... PUT THEM TO WORK!

darkpoetjk
February 4th, 2007, 23:39

Zion
February 4th, 2007, 23:40
only the backgrounds and menus are commercial, all the sprites are hand made from scratch ....

i also appologise for criticising dark_alex..... must have been a one off my bricking while updating i suppose :confused:

TheEmulatorGuy
February 5th, 2007, 00:06
What do you have against QJ?

They're just posting news that you released this game. I swear, people like you are insane. What's next? Hating on CNN for "stealing" news from Associated Press?

Next person to irrelevantly insult my developing ability gets a foot in their ass.

PS: Nice work on the engine, not so impressed on the use of copyrighted intellectual property. I hope you are planning to change any references to Zelda, including the sprites and certain UI aspects.

zeritooverride
February 5th, 2007, 00:14
Can we please get along? I know I'm just a n00b here and all but I don't think all this flaming is necessary!!!

Anyway, Zion I'm sorry about your PSP I never had any of mine brick and I hope it never happens. I think you are doing a great job with this game and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Also I hope you get a new PSP soon!

Destroyer699
February 5th, 2007, 00:16
Just got back from my trip. Great job Zion. Don't listen to all those flamers.

ppo
February 5th, 2007, 00:42
as was sead before: plz no flaming constructive coments only!

(i'm a total noob. ive bin using al kinds of homebru for 1 and 3/4 years

Briggzy11
February 5th, 2007, 00:59
Flamers = The real noobs, even the coders that are flaming have no idea.

Alot of time and effort is in this game even though some sprites happen to be nintendo's big F****** deal, I seen almost 4 mario games made in homebrew just this year, there the sad ones, flame them.

Great work Zion :)

mexicansnake
February 5th, 2007, 01:05
Nice game bro!! :D

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 01:15
Good work Zion. I hope your PSP issues are resolved soon, because this looks like it will be a great game.

aries2k4
February 5th, 2007, 01:37
Nice work Zion.
Sorry to hear about your psp.
Hey, I donīt really care about sprite and artwork, as a beginning lua coder, I have to use borrowed sprites because Iīm no artist. I think the coding is more important. thatīs what homebrew is about.
Now, you could have avoided alot of this flaming if you hadnīt made the comment about DA. Iīve used all of his stuff many time with never a problem. Maybe you overlooked a step or you used one of those easy installers. theyīve been known to cause problems.
well anyway, keep on coding. it looks good.

Zion
February 5th, 2007, 01:41
thanks man, although after these events i will no longer be posting at dcemu,..

you will find me at zionmax or qj.net from now on.

bye

Man
February 5th, 2007, 01:50
thanks man, although after these events i will no longer be posting at dcemu,..

you will find me at zionmax or qj.net from now on.

bye

Im really sorry to hear that zion, Dcemu has desended into Chaos, flaming mods, and flaming noobs alike have driven a great coder away from Dcemu, what the hell is happening here? :(

aries2k4
February 5th, 2007, 02:24
Ya, Iīm sorry to hear that to.
I donīt get all the flaming about the borrowed sprites and such. I mean thereīs a dozen games of mario, halo mods and mods of just about anything. As long as itīs not commercial, I donīt really see the problem. We all know who the sprites belong to. alot of us just borrow them to try to make some fun homebrew.
Oh well

emuking
February 5th, 2007, 02:25
why is this place turning into pspupdates, someone should seriously lock this thread

quzar or any other admin think about locking this thread it's turned into a flame war