PDA

View Full Version : Geist Force Video

wraggster
April 12th, 2005, 23:36
News from <a href="http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/News200504#GeistForceVideo">Dreamcast Scene</a>

It should have become one of the first games for the Dreamcast in 1999, but due quality doubts it was canceled in the same year: Geist Force? by Sega.

Now a video footage which shows various gameplay scene was found in the abyss of the internet. Even it was taken several years ago and floated around on some FTPs, we've finally found a sever where you can download it. Enjoy!

Head on over to the link above to download :)

Mekanaizer
April 13th, 2005, 02:56
HI

Wraggster, that is a very old common video file. It was/is part of a VHS tape & VCD games preview. That i think that was a given-away in some game-show. The complete preview video even has never seen Sonic Adv. footage and alot more.

Plus i have more videos from never seen DC games, even for Saturn and others.

I love collecte those videos and imagens.

-Mekanaizer-

Max
April 13th, 2005, 10:14
It was released on VCD? As far as I know it was only available at some file sharing clients such as eMule and FTPs.

So at least it's now on a HTTP and everyone can download it. ;)

M@jk
April 13th, 2005, 10:23
The game looks great. Maybe someone, somewhere has a prototype GDR of this...

Darksaviour69
April 13th, 2005, 10:54
HI

Wraggster, that is a very old common video file. It was/is part of a VHS tape & VCD games preview. That i think that was a given-away in some game-show. The complete preview video even has never seen Sonic Adv. footage and alot more.

Plus i have more videos from never seen DC games, even for Saturn and others.

I love collecte those videos and imagens.

-Mekanaizer-
could you send me you other dc video clips?

Darksaviour69
April 13th, 2005, 15:40
it looks like a star fox game... i up loaded it to putfile, (lower quality) with links to the scene

Click here to watch GeistForce (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=GeistForce)

fackue
April 13th, 2005, 22:44
it looks like a star fox game... i up loaded it to putfile, (lower quality) with links to the scene

Click here to watch GeistForce (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=GeistForce)
Exactly what I said when I saw that video.

It looked pretty fun.

ace
April 14th, 2005, 03:57
looks cool

Imerion
April 14th, 2005, 14:06
Hey, Mekanizer, you have more videos from unreleased games? Could you please upload them somewhere? Which games is it?

Maximo2703
April 15th, 2005, 23:13
yeah it does look like Sega's answer to Star Fox although seems to have the graphics just as good as the recently released Star Fox Assault

Imerion
April 20th, 2005, 14:18
Looks wonderful! What happened to it? Since it was an early game it could not have been cancelled because Sega stopped DC-production?

Darksaviour69
April 20th, 2005, 14:43
from IGN

May 21, 1999 - It appears that Geist Force, whose's status has been more uncertain than Oprah's dietary habits, has taken a flying leap of the cliff of gaming oblivion. A spokesperson from Sega told IGNDC that despite earlier rumors that the project was being handed to other programmers inside Sega after a recent internal shake-up, Sega COO Bernie Stolar recently decided the project was better left unfinished.

Prior to E3, Sega claimed the title was still on target for a September release with the system, but apparently after further examination early last week, Stolar decided to cancel the project as it simply did not live up to Sega's AAA billing. While it is certainly a bit depressing to see Geist fall by the wayside, it is nonetheless a positive sign to see Sega upholding some standard of quality for their titles.

Sega did manage to say that certain element of the title, such as art direction and certain gameplay aspects are being saved in hopes that they could be incorporated into later titles, but as of yet were not prepared to comment on what, if anything, they had in mind. We'll be sure to keep poking around, and you can expect the full scoop when it surfaces.

fackue
April 22nd, 2005, 04:28
Heh, take a look at Wild Metal. I don't think there could be a game any worse than that. Although that wasn't a SEGA title.